SCUM (H) Sun 1st Sept

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: SCUM (H) Sun 1st Sept

Post by Redarmy »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:39 pm
Xhaka has to be dropped from every team at Arsenal, Guendozi is becoming a proper engine in the middle, Lacazette and Aubameyang work their bollocks off, Pepe will be a great player but needs a few more matches under his belt, David Luiz is a clown and Emery is starting to worry me.
Yes agree with Guendouzi comment he did raise his game 2nd Half

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

18.4% of Arsenal's fouls in the PL this season came from Granit Xhaka this afternoon

How this on twitter not sure how accurate it is

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

clummo123 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:40 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:19 pm
clummo123 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:12 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:01 pm
clummo123 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:57 pm

Nope, he was signed before Rioch joined. :lol:
Dont post again, just double checked

Bruce Rioch
Arsenal: 1995–2006. As Moratti prepared to make wholesale changes at the club, Bergkamp left Inter and signed with Arsenal in June 1995 for a transfer fee estimated at £7.5 million. He became manager Bruce Rioch's first signing at Arsenal and broke the club's transfer fee record set at £2.5 million.
Don't tell me not to post again mate. I was actually working at the club back then and Bergkamp was signed before Rioch joined.

OK agree to disagree, remember Rioch holding Bergkamp shirt at press conference and goes down officially as Riochs first signing how much he had to do with it is another matter
Thanks for the link anyway
Yep exactly, press conference. The announcement was held back to give Rioch some positive PR. Did him little good in the long run though did it. :lol:
Agreed he was lost as a Manager, and yeah hear what you are saying, Dein done the deal prior to Rioch taking over deal but official unveiling at the press conference with new shirt handover was Rioch as manager :D

As for Howe, yes was also lost as Manager, a low point remember him playing Mariner at Centre half, but as a coach he was very successful, integral to winning the double in 1971

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Topside Northbank wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:10 pm
Gave away two very poor goals.

Xhaka ffs time and time again he does this,should of been sent off the pen should of put him on a yellow,stupid fouls time and again the manager is rightly losing a lot of faith in many.

Fought back well but a game with less liabilities on the pitch we should of won Bellerin,Tierney and especially a Holding playing anywhere the level he waas before his knee injury can't come soon enough.
Holding is vital heard he's nearly ready we desperately need him, Bellerin and Tierney to follow soon hopefully

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

THE NLD LINEUP.jpg
:horseshite: :mrgnu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I know we've all said it many times both under Wenger and now under UE but what the fuck do they see in Xhaka? Not only as a player but now as Captain :banghead:

I love Laca's effort but i'm getting worried that he is going to burn himself out with the way he is playing, just before he went off he was back making a tackle in our box and then 15-20 secs later he was at the other end trying to make a chance, as i say i love the effort he's putting in but i think it is telling that he had to signal to get himself subbed. Might be helpful if others around him put in as much effort to save him having to.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Emery on captain Xhaka: "In 90 minutes I’m very proud of his work.

“Some mistakes you can have, the penalty is one very disappointing action but he worked and played very well.”

... 😳

#AFC #ARSTOT https://t.co/6mQiAtoMK5

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Big performance today from Dozer - prior to the game he was 2nd in most tackles won and passes completed for PL midfielders.

In an article on Thursday he said knows he has to improve in keeping the ball.

He did that today, and the roars that greeted his every tackle is something ive not heard since Highbury when Paddy or Freddie were bossing their opposite numbers.

Very good to see him encouraging the crowd and his passion after the goal.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Since the Premier League began tracking the statistic only three outfield players - Martin Skrtel, Joleon Lescott and Gary Cahill - have made more errors directly leading to goals than Granit Xhaka's seven.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Sokratis and Luiz both at fault for the first goal. Xhaka needs to stay OUT of the box.

Laca is carrying an ankle problem. Hopefully he is not selected for France in the interlull and he can rest it.

Auba and pepe didnt really use their pace today - the spuds sat deep so we struggled to pass through them.

It does feel like points dropped, but we are two ahead of three of the top six and only three back from City.

They did show character in the midfield after we were 2-0 down and i thought Dozer, Torreira, Ceballos and Ashley all had good games.

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

PRI_82650565-e1567356525566.jpg
XHAKA... Trying to SLIDE into SON's DM's :dancingbanana:

He's supposed to be a DM, :rubchin:

but we all know he's a box to box midfielder meant for the Retirement League, that Someone bought & Re-Purposed his position, :censored:

Instead of Getting a REAL DM... Like Torreira! :box: :spudsvafc: :rebel_2:

Oh well...on to the January Transfer Window!

Don Raul will move on MANY MORE DEADWOOD... :heads:

IT IS KNOW!

:crest:

#COYG!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:54 pm
As well as the penalty xhaka gave away 7 free kicks, think that has to be a record, didn't get a yellow until the last free :roll:

I heard that stat on sky near the end of the game and it didn't seem right to me - I thought that he gave away close to 20 free kicks and assumed that they were talking about 7 frees just in the second half :?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Maybe Augie, id be more concerned that emery thought he played well

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The manager deserves to be criticised for his constant selection of the Swiss Turd.

Also bringing on the fucking useless Mikhi over Nelson is something else he should be caned for.

Both baffling decisions.

I’d like to see our midfield built around Douzi, Willock and Torreira and Xhak-tard binned to the EL games.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Doozy and Laca were top drawer today, very impressive.

Xhaka - no words needed, Leno looked very dodgy with his handling but made a couple of decent saves. Sokratis is another liability, I love his heart and fight but he’s just not very good.
Pepe is not really impressing but give him time, he has an excellent touch and a bit of pace. Ceballos was excellent when he came on.

For me I would love to see the following team play
Leno
Bellerin
Tierney
Holding
Sokratis
Torreira
Doozy
Ceballos
PEA
Pepe
Laca