Good Old Arsenal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Good Old Arsenal

Post by StuartL »

Thought it was about time we had a thread to keep tabs on ex players and how they are getting on with their new clubs etc.

Iwobi has scored his first Everton goal against the mighty Lincoln to put them 3-2 up and immediately got subbed for Walcott lol

Nos89

Re: Good Old Arsenal

Post by Nos89 »

Last season I set up a fantasy team comprising of ex-Arsenal players. No surprise there is not a single ex-Arsenal defender playing in the premier league. The team finished 524, 211. This season my team of ex-gooners is currently 451658th. So in a word, they are a bit shit!!!
Fabianski in goal, Walcott, wilshere, chamberlain, hayden and freeman in midfield with giroud and Welbeck up front. No room for iwobi.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Maybe it's the jaded cynic in me but I find nowadays I just don't give a flying fuck about our ex players. Once they are gone fuck em they are dead to me. This probably ties in with my general dislike of most modern mercenary cùnt players tbh. And tbh some of them I wish nothing but harm and bad luck on - particularly VanJudasCunt and Fabregas the chav trade unionist. :censored:

Wasn't always like that though. Used to love to see how ex players got on and loved that line most of them came out with, something along the lines of "once you leave The Arsenal you can only take a step down". 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:42 pm
Thought it was about time we had a thread to keep tabs on ex players and how they are getting on with their new clubs etc.

Iwobi has scored his first Everton goal against the mighty Lincoln to put them 3-2 up and immediately got subbed for Walcott lol
Comedy Two Arses will be at Palace within 2 seasons. Guarantee it. :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:32 am
Maybe it's the jaded cynic in me but I find nowadays I just don't give a flying fuck about our ex players. Once they are gone fuck em they are dead to me. This probably ties in with my general dislike of most modern mercenary cùnt players tbh. And tbh some of them I wish nothing but harm and bad luck on - particularly VanJudasCunt and Fabregas the chav trade unionist. :censored:

Wasn't always like that though. Used to love to see how ex players got on and loved that line most of them came out with, something along the lines of "once you leave The Arsenal you can only take a step down". 8)
Surely even the most most cold hearted cynical bastard must have had a lump in his (or her) throat (or elsewhere) to see Santi Cazorla make a successful return to the pitch ?

Nice that we got Forest as Jenkinson will be able to wave goodbye after scoring a belter of an o.g :barscarf:

herbert

Post by herbert »

It is a great thread title so can we hijack the thread to also include recommendations for good old Arsenal social media accounts?

My favourite twitter related gooner is Bernie Briffa @goonerbeau

A lot of old skool music posts and loads of fantastic posts about the history of good old Arsenal :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:29 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:32 am

Surely even the most most cold hearted cynical bastard must have had a lump in his (or her) throat (or elsewhere) to see Santi Cazorla make a successful return to the pitch ?

Nice that we got Forest as Jenkinson will be able to wave goodbye after scoring a belter of an o.g :barscarf:
Ooh you got me there. :lol:

Loved Santi and after his horror injury I was genuinely delighted to see him play again.

The rest? Dead to me. :D

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:08 pm
https://youtu.be/6vwwo34INBU

great listen
Thank you for posting this IW8 - A great watch/ listen. Wrighty is such a down to earth decent bloke who was also an awesome player. There are so few of his ilk around, the Rocky bit was difficult to watch though. 'phew'.

herbert

Post by herbert »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:08 pm
https://youtu.be/6vwwo34INBU

great listen
Brilliant,thanks IW8

The Geordie fella is a good host