Europa League draw

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Blim

Re: Europa League draw

Post by Blim »

Ray C wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:05 am
Blim wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:13 am
I would rather win the Europa cup than finish 4th, I hope we go all out for it.
Dream on - no fuckin' chance of either !. Didn't you just watch the Watford game ?. :barscarf: :barscarf:
:barscarf: :barscarf: we are on a roll :bowing21: :dancingbanana:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Blim wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:44 am
Ray C wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:05 am
Blim wrote:
Dream on - no fuckin' chance of either !. Didn't you just watch the Watford game ?. :barscarf: :barscarf:
:barscarf: :barscarf: we are on a roll :bowing21: :dancingbanana:
Ham or Cheese ?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Blim wrote:
Not for me thanks mate. The ropey cup is a pile of second rate shite. If Dick is going to be staying it's got to be as a result of achieving top 4. If he started to sort this current lot into a team then I might even allow him top 6 as long as we saw genuine signs of improvement.

The ropey cup is worth jack shit in monetary terms and quite frankly is of little more merit than the Charity Shield......which at least involves a League or FA cup win to 'qualify' for. A decent CL run is worth far more than the ropey and if we want to generate more cash for a manager to be able to spend on players then it's got to be top 4 all the way for me.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:02 am
Blim wrote:
Not for me thanks mate. The ropey cup is a pile of second rate shite. If Dick is going to be staying it's got to be as a result of achieving top 4. If he started to sort this current lot into a team then I might even allow him top 6 as long as we saw genuine signs of improvement.

The ropey cup is worth jack shit in monetary terms and quite frankly is of little more merit than the Charity Shield......which at least involves a League or FA cup win to 'qualify' for. A decent CL run is worth far more than the ropey and if we want to generate more cash for a manager to be able to spend on players then it's got to be top 4 all the way for me.
I thought the EL winners usually qualify for the CL the following year ?

It didnt this year because the PL already had four places and the extra place went elsewhere.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:32 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Blim wrote:

I thought the EL winners usually qualify for the CL the following year ?

It didnt this year because the PL already had four places and the extra place went elsewhere.
I was treating the statement as an either/or option - don't go getting all technical on me :lol:

I just think that if Dick is to get season 3 then we need to achieve a standard where we can qualify for the CL as a top 4 side rather than through the back door route of the ropey cup otherwise I fear we are just delaying the inevitable.

Blim

Post by Blim »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Blim wrote:

Its the second rate cup shite we have never won lol I would rather end up with that than FA. :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

FA Cup for me every day of the week. EL is second rate gash.

Blim

Post by Blim »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:00 pm
The start we are having I will welcome the second rate gash at the end of the season. :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Blim wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:10 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
The start we are having I will welcome the second rate gash at the end of the season. :D
:lol:

True. :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Blim wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:36 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Blim wrote:

Its the second rate cup shite we have never won lol I would rather end up with that than FA. :wink

No realistic chance of either on current form it would appear......but you've gotta have a dream :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:17 am
Blim wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Standards gents, standards :lol:

Blim

Post by Blim »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:01 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Blim wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Getting desperate already :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Blim wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:32 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Blim wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Yeah, ok fuck standards.....grab hold of anything that looks like it might be silver :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:55 pm
Blim wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Blim wrote:

Yeah, ok fuck standards.....grab hold of anything that looks like it might be silver :lol:
Also, gash is gash. :D

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:46 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:55 pm
Blim wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Also, gash is gash. :D

So standards...not so much the Bank of England club anymore, we're more RBS at a push :lol: