Watford (A) Sun 15/09 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Watford (A) Sun 15/09 @ 16:30

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

We've conceded 15 goals from mistakes in the last year, more than any other team, 4 more than Fulham, funny stuff it wasn't my Arsenal.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

How long before teams start to deliberately kick the ball out to give us a goal kick?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I don’t think I’ve seen ANYTHING in football in the last 20 years as pathetic as this playing out from the back bollocks when every man is marked/chased down at our penalty box. Emery should be sacked instantly for this alone, it is DISASTROUS!! A starting midfield that includes Ceballos Ozil and Xhaka will lose 99 times out a a hundred. Brain dead management.

I don’t expect to see Luiz anywhere near the first team for at least the next two games, complete cock. Mainland Niles was, is, and always will be, out of his depth, he’s a championship player. Our entire defence is a 100% joke.

Emery out....he doesn’t have a clue.

NickF

Post by NickF »

We've been playing out from the back for a while now and I have always thought that it was a disaster waiting to happen. I'm sure we won't learn from it and carry on doing it.

Emery's words when he joined about prefering to win 4 - 3 is going to be his undoing.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

NickF wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:39 pm
We've been playing out from the back for a while now and I have always thought that it was a disaster waiting to happen. I'm sure we won't learn from it and carry on doing it.

Emery's words when he joined about prefering to win 4 - 3 is going to be his undoing.
It's not just that but at times we take a short kick then luiz lumps it front anyway, you might as well let Leno lump it up and at least our back line is 30 yards up the pitch.

Emery used an excuse in his pot match interview that had we kicked it upfield then Watford had bigger players and would win the ball but I'd rather they win the ball 60 yards from our goal than fucking 10.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

WTF happened???

Did not watch the second half left it at 2-0 up and looking like we would see it out, even though the first 30 mins Watford had quite a few chances
But Aubas goals seemed to change the game
Our defence the whole lot of them are crap, you just cant be confident with that shower of shite, Xaha the midfielder who can't tackle so fouls all the game, Luiz who i never rated absolute liability
FFS lets get Holding Tierney and Bellerin in the defence and stop playing the suicidal playing it out from the keeper
Playing Ozil and Cellabos was a mistake, needed bite in the middle, the only one who fits the bill is Torreira but not sure about his fitness, but see he was a sub today

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Has anyone a clip of us playing out from the back and not losing possession within 10 seconds?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Thank Fuck for Sir Tony McCoy who redeemed an otherwise shit day

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Immaterial of whether you blame the players or, like me, the coach something has to change rapidly.

You cant change the entire team so either the coaches way of doing things has to change or he does. It isn't like this has only been happening for the last few games either, even last year earlier in the season there were some appalling performances where we barely managed to scrape results, there were also some incredibly poor away performances against dogshit teams such as Rennes and Bate Borisov and then the run in at the end of the season was one of the worst I can remember.

The players attitude stinks especially when things are going against them but that in no way excuses UE from poor tactics, like at Liverpool, bad and unexplainable team selections such as Xhaka constantly starting and finally baffling substitutions at crucial times, players have no control over these things they are all down to the coach.

Ultimately UE is the head coach he has to shoulder the blame for much that is wrong currently, as I said before if it were OGL he would rightly be getting shite for the poor performances and therefore so does UE, Wenger rarely got a free ride when the players were shit so neither does Emery.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Un-fucking-forgivable

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

A final damning stat in a day of massively damning stats -

We've been out shot in every game so far. 8-9 vs Newcastle, 15-18 vs Burnley, 8-25 vs Liverpool, 7-31 vs Watford.

We are in deep deep shit.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Haven't had a chance to watch the game yet but the stats are truly shocking and doesn't bode well for the rest of the season.

Possession: 53% Watford 47% AFC
Shot: 31(!) Watford 7 AFC
On target 10 Watford 4 AFC

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:06 pm
A final damning stat in a day of massively damning stats -

We've been out shot in every game so far. 8-9 vs Newcastle, 15-18 vs Burnley, 8-25 vs Liverpool, 7-31 vs Watford.

We are in deep deep shit.
Forgot the scum game :oops:

We did have more attempts than them 26 to their 13 but even at that they managed more on target - 9 to our 8.

Anyway the original point stands - we’re fucked.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If the future of the game is the goalkeeper tapping a goal kick to a center back standing 2 yards away while the opposition players rush the box then the game can go get fucked as far at I’m concerned.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

What the fuck is going on with that defence?????
Unbelievable
Xhaka saying we were scared in the second half, absolutely infuriated me. Arsenal captain saying we are scared of Watford. Fucking disgrace!!!
This is gonna be more toxic than wenger out.

Our best players are our forwards, get the ball to them quickly.
Get Adams, Dixon, Keown, Vieira in that dressing room to rag them shitbags around. Fucking scared of Watford!!!!

Not that we deserved anything less but I saw two Watford players encroaching before the ball was struck, where was VAR??