Watford (A) Sun 15/09 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ray C

Re: Watford (A) Sun 15/09 @ 16:30

Post by Ray C »

Lucky Arsenal - should have been hammered. Overpaid, over-rated, gutless, slow, no energy - pathetic. Forget top 4 we'll finish a lot lower than that !. And this was our 1st team.
Fursday cup reserves will almost be as bad so I hope we get knocked out of that comp asap. That way we may at least hang on in EPL !!. :barscarf: :barscarf:

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Okay doke , I’ve seen enough.

Emery out.

This is not the man to take us forward.

For once we cannot blame the board for lack of signings, they have recruited well.

We really aren’t that much better than under Wenger IMO, we still have this loser attitude when a game turns sour they cannot react in the moment and stop it.

Don’t know about you guys but for me I want a manager that will sort the defence out first and foremost and then go from there.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

what sort of world are we living in when an Arsenal goal kick makes me nervous?

as bad as sokratis' mistake was, it felt inevitable given how many times we rode our luck playing out from goal kicks.

totally unnecessary at 2-0. why give them any encouragement?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

First time I openly criticised Emery yesterday, if you want to play out from the back you need a certain quality of defender to do it. We aren't City or Pool so why are we putting our defence under pressure inviting the opposition to press every away game.

Emery has a very Wenger like stubbornness that will cost him his job if he carries on like this. I was happy to give Emery 3 years but if he carries on dropping needless points, and Allegri is available summer then its hard not to change things.

As for Xhaka, not only is he a shit player some of the utter crap he comes out with captain are beyond words. So Arsenal were “scared” of a small club from Hertfordshire then. So as captain why didn't you lead by example, instead of manage to pass a the ball incessantly to the opposition, you utter Swiss prick.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I've nearly calmed down enough to post about this shitfest without having to ban myself.

2 nil up and fucked it away. Lucky not to lose in the end. Absolute clusterfuck.

I blame the manager and the players. But the one who determines that we play the footballing equivalent of Russian roulette with our shit goal kick routine is the manager. Yes you should be able to rely on an experienced CH to be able to pass a ball 10 yards but you know what, if you can't, then you learn from that and fucking change the fucking plan ffs! :roll:

Sideshow Bob has always had a howler in his game but fuck me it's like the chav cùnt has gone into stupidity overdrive now with us.

Anally Manky-Piles was the worst player on a pitch populated by shit players and by a long shot. He made the ultimate flat track bully Delafou look like Messi ffs. The cùnt is at Watford because he has one trick - jink left cut in on his right - and Anally Manky-Piles fucking fell for it every single time. Manky-Piles has been garbage all season and most of last season when he played.

Add him to the absolutely useless Nelson and Pillock and you've got three players that I'd be amazed not to see at Palace in about 3 years time. Good to see our academy is still pumping out over hyped shit.

I'm right on the margin now with Emery. Yes he inherited a horror show but there is no excuse for him making us gift goals to the oppo with the repeated fucking stupid goal kick routine and playing and making captain utter gutless useless cùnts like Xhakatard.

We were scared. Of Watford. My piss is still boiling at the utter humiliation of an Arsenal captain coming out with shit like that. Fucking shameful cùnt. :censored: I pray he gets a career ending ACL injury and I don't give a fuck which snowflake cùnts that upsets.

I'm not into panic changing managers mid season and I've always said we have to give him 2 seasons but if Dick were to go next May and we got a shot at Allegri or Simeone then yep I'm on board.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Think you are being a touch unfair on the younger players DB..I'm not saying they are World class but they have being introduced to a calamity of a squad which despite the desired getting shut of Wenger haven't improved in terms of application or attitude.
Xhaka said that the team were afraid of Watford..Well welcome to our World Xhaka, we are scared witless every time you are picked and every time the ball goes near you.
Maitland Niles is being played out of position , replacing a player who was always going to be out a for a year ir so. We had an unsuitable replacement in Lichsteiner who was thankfully got rid of..Instead of getting a replacement Emery has continued with Niles who is not a right back in a back four and isn't much better in a back five..Like Chambers at Swansea a few years back Maitland Niles will be destroyed as a footballer by Emery. Speaking of Chambers he reinvented himself, was good against Atletico Madrid season before last , followed by having a good season on loan, albeit at a relegated club..Plays first game of the season , clean sheet achieved and is subsequently dropped for a clown called Luiz.
When I look at the squad I think there is a top four team in there, as suggested earlier that is down to the lack of quality outside Victims and City. The problem is selection and game management. That is down to the manager. Like most Arsenal fans I was fatigued by the Wenger out years and wouldn't want to face into anything similar again..but one lesson learned from Wenger's over extended reign is that no Arsenal manager should ever have such a hold on the club again. I'm not saying Emery out but he needs to produce or be replaced. I am getting less convinced by the week that he has what it takes..

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:02 am
I've nearly calmed down enough to post about this shitfest without having to ban myself.

2 nil up and fucked it away. Lucky not to lose in the end. Absolute clusterfuck.

I blame the manager and the players. But the one who determines that we play the footballing equivalent of Russian roulette with our shit goal kick routine is the manager. Yes you should be able to rely on an experienced CH to be able to pass a ball 10 yards but you know what, if you can't, then you learn from that and fucking change the fucking plan ffs! :roll:

Sideshow Bob has always had a howler in his game but fuck me it's like the chav cùnt has gone into stupidity overdrive now with us.

Anally Manky-Piles was the worst player on a pitch populated by shit players and by a long shot. He made the ultimate flat track bully Delafou look like Messi ffs. The cùnt is at Watford because he has one trick - jink left cut in on his right - and Anally Manky-Piles fucking fell for it every single time. Manky-Piles has been garbage all season and most of last season when he played.

Add him to the absolutely useless Nelson and Pillock and you've got three players that I'd be amazed not to see at Palace in about 3 years time. Good to see our academy is still pumping out over hyped shit.

I'm right on the margin now with Emery. Yes he inherited a horror show but there is no excuse for him making us gift goals to the oppo with the repeated fucking stupid goal kick routine and playing and making captain utter gutless useless cùnts like Xhakatard.

We were scared. Of Watford. My piss is still boiling at the utter humiliation of an Arsenal captain coming out with shit like that. Fucking shameful cùnt. :censored: I pray he gets a career ending ACL injury and I don't give a fuck which snowflake cùnts that upsets.

I'm not into panic changing managers mid season and I've always said we have to give him 2 seasons but if Dick were to go next May and we got a shot at Allegri or Simeone then yep I'm on board.

Pretty much sums up how I feel too - emery's decisions are if I'm generous baffling, but if I am more realistic, his decisions are shocking. I said after the victims game that he is now walking a very thin tightrope, and that tightrope is getting thinner with each passing game. I'm not sure though that allegri would be on my shortlist to replace him anymore - we need a manager that will sacrifice any notion of technical attacking football, and need a guy that will make us as dour as shit, but hard to break down too. One of the papers this morning joked that we need to get a de lorean car and go back in time to get GG back as manager, and that for me is exactly the type of mentality this team needs for the next 18-24 months

Yesterday I was stunned at how many fans on here focused their anger solely on emery - as I said he had a stinker and should be castigated over it, but the players attitude and work-rate yesterday was shocking and totally unacceptable to me. The only one's who seemed to put in anywhere near expected levels of effort to me were guendouzi, Ceballos and torreira, and 2 of them he subbed and the other he didn't start :roll: The sun gave maitland-niles 7 out of 10 which was our second highest mark, but yet to gave the guy he was marking (delafeou sp :oops: ) 8 out of 10 and man of the match :? Maitland-niles was raped through his own stupidity and he seemed not the least bit bothered as he allowed the Spanish c.unt to cut inside him at will time and time again :evil: :evil:

Re luiz, I will use a phrase that denny green (former minnesota vikings head coach) used .......... he is what we thought he is - we knew we were getting a footballer not a defender, and so it has proved. Have to say though that if the team selection was mine to make the next day, it would be sokratis that would be dropped for chambers return - that will surprise some given my unwavering support of sokratis in the past, but I just don't feel that he has been playing that well lately, plus chambers might need luiz's pace beside him :rubchin: Regardless of which is dropped, the reality is that chambers SHOULD be recalled, but in all likelihood wont be

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:38 am
Think you are being a touch unfair on the younger players DB..I'm not saying they are World class but they have being introduced to a calamity of a squad which despite the desired getting shut of Wenger haven't improved in terms of application or attitude.
Xhaka said that the team were afraid of Watford..Well welcome to our World Xhaka, we are scared witless every time you are picked and every time the ball goes near you.
Maitland Niles is being played out of position , replacing a player who was always going to be out a for a year ir so. We had an unsuitable replacement in Lichsteiner who was thankfully got rid of..Instead of getting a replacement Emery has continued with Niles who is not a right back in a back four and isn't much better in a back five..Like Chambers at Swansea a few years back Maitland Niles will be destroyed as a footballer by Emery. Speaking of Chambers he reinvented himself, was good against Atletico Madrid season before last , followed by having a good season on loan, albeit at a relegated club..Plays first game of the season , clean sheet achieved and is subsequently dropped for a clown called Luiz.
When I look at the squad I think there is a top four team in there, as suggested earlier that is down to the lack of quality outside Victims and City. The problem is selection and game management. That is down to the manager. Like most Arsenal fans I was fatigued by the Wenger out years and wouldn't want to face into anything similar again..but one lesson learned from Wenger's over extended reign is that no Arsenal manager should ever have such a hold on the club again. I'm not saying Emery out but he needs to produce or be replaced. I am getting less convinced by the week that he has what it takes..

Yes he is, but there is no excuse for continually allowing that crunt to come inside him and get off a shot, and what made it worse is that he didn't seem to be bothered or try and close down the shot. Out of position yes, but show some professionalism by giving a shit and doing the job to the best of your ability, cos after yesterday bellerin wont need to be fit to take your place, and then your game time will drop to zero cos I suspect you wont even make the bench for most games unless we have injuries :roll: People talking about how many shots on goal we allowed yesterday, I will bet my bollox that a high percentage came from delafeou (again sp :oops: )

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Felt like a Wenger era game completely.

Inclusive of players starting despite having been shit foe months, and some youth prospects that's are not going to make it , and a player being played out of position.

NickF

Post by NickF »

augie wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:04 am
Out of position yes, but show some professionalism by giving a shit and doing the job to the best of your ability, cos after yesterday bellerin wont need to be fit to take your place, and then your game time will drop to zero cos I suspect you wont even make the bench for most games unless we have injuries
That is precisely why he is playing- because we have injuries. He is played out of position so perhaps that is his best of his ability at that position.

GTG

Post by GTG »

I've seen enough of Emery to know now that he isn't the man to take us forward.

At the very least by now you should be expecting to see a direction, a style or a plan for what hes trying to achieve with this team. He may not have all the right players yet but if you can see where its heading then most fans are willing to give time.

Klopp is an example at Liverpool in prior to him getting the players he wanted. You could see a clear style from his team.

The only imprint we see that Emery is had is causing mayhem with this shit at the back.

I said to my mate yesterday that Pepe is gonna be the new Gervinho and he told me to chill out ffs. He just looks so awkward and slow with his feet.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:50 am
First time I openly criticised Emery yesterday, if you want to play out from the back you need a certain quality of defender to do it. We aren't City or Pool so why are we putting our defence under pressure inviting the opposition to press every away game.

Emery has a very Wenger like stubbornness that will cost him his job if he carries on like this. I was happy to give Emery 3 years but if he carries on dropping needless points, and Allegri is available summer then its hard not to change things.

As for Xhaka, not only is he a shit player some of the utter crap he comes out with captain are beyond words. So Arsenal were “scared” of a small club from Hertfordshire then. So as captain why didn't you lead by example, instead of manage to pass a the ball incessantly to the opposition, you utter Swiss prick.
Agree with above, not previously criticised Emery, but decision wise and and tactically wise he has been found wanting
Not addressing the defensive situation is criminal negligence, buying Luiz and making Xhaka captain more mistakes
Team selections are dubious at the least, does he even know his first 11 and style of play?
Signs a Centre back and we cant play him for a year FFS :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:38 am
Tbh Brady I don't think I was being that harsh. They were absolutely hopeless. Manky-Piles in particular. It's one thing to get ass raped by a top class player, but Delafou is a complete one trick pony and gets promptly put in their pocket by 90% of the PL right backs. But Manky-Piles fell for that one trick over and over again. That's not just a player being played out of position that's a shit player that can't even adapt to an obvious and easily fixed situation.

Who knows - the 3 players I lambasted may yet come good but yesterday they were utter gash.... and in Manky-Piles' case he's been gash for months, even when played further forward.

The 3 of them remind me so much of Walcott and thd Ox. All over hyped potential that never gets fullfilled. Hope I'm wrong but I'd bet I'm not.... :(

NickF

Post by NickF »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:48 pm
Not addressing the defensive situation is criminal negligence
Could have sworn we bought Tierney and Saliba. Both our starting left and right side are out long term injured as well as having to replace Kos. If everyone was fit how many of our current lot would actually start. Not making excuses as the backups clearly aren't good enough but the defense has been poor for years and is going to take several windows (and possibly a change of management) to fix IMO.
Last edited by NickF on Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

g88ner wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:38 am
what sort of world are we living in when an Arsenal goal kick makes me nervous?

as bad as sokratis' mistake was, it felt inevitable given how many times we rode our luck playing out from goal kicks.

totally unnecessary at 2-0. why give them any encouragement?
You just made me realize TWO other things that we all neglect to mention all the time.

1) Leno isn't Good Enough to Ping or Throw the ball out to an Individual Arsenal Player, on his Chest or Head at the half line! or to Individual Strikers

on the Chest or Head past the center Circle.

2) Our Midfielders & Strikers aren't good enough to hold up the ball & bring others into play....

Laca does it well enough, but Auba struggles with 'aerial awareness' Always prefers the ball at his feet,

Struggles with any other type of ball.

& these Crosses usually come from David Luiz or Midfielders with Varying consistency & accuracy...Never the Keeper.

so those are some areas we should def Improve!