Frankfurt (A) 19/9 5:55pm (!)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: Frankfurt (A) 19/9 5:55pm (!)

Post by mcdowell42 »

He's brought a full strength squad for this game,

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1174 ... 86082?s=09

Except Ozil and Sokratis.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to Unai, Ozil and Sokratis are being rested could someone explain to me how Ozil needs a rest after only playing 70 odd mins on Sunday

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:48 pm
According to Unai, Ozil and Sokratis are being rested could someone explain to me how Ozil needs a rest after only playing 70 odd mins on Sunday
Aw c'mon McD, Ozil needs a rest after about 7 minutes most matches.... or at least it appears that way.

In a way I understand Sokratis being dropped after his howler at the weekend but what is baffling is that when other players do it they get to carry on regardless, maybe Papa said some home truths that UE didn't appreciate :rubchin:

I really would like to see him do something completely different this match but i have a feeling it will be same old same old, Frankfurt may leave us feeling like we've taken a foot long where the sun doesn't shine if we dont take this match seriously :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Seen somewhere else, somebody suggesting this would be his 1st game in Germany since retiring, and the hula ballou about that and thts the reason for him being rested.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Wonderful plan to rest Ozil after his 70 minute endurance so far this season. Boy, we're really getting terrific value for money out of him. It's lucky Wenger has gone otherwise he'd be giving the *word censored* a pay rise too.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:15 pm
Seen somewhere else, somebody suggesting this would be his 1st game in Germany since retiring, and the hula ballou about that and thts the reason for him being rested.

And tbf that makes perfect sense - we have enough shit going on around the team at the mo without it turning into a total german circus about ozil's return

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ozil: "Awww C'mon boss I've done my bit I've warmed the bench can I go home now"

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

For the less one dimensional on here - there is fit and there is match fit. :roll:

Personally I'm with the theory of Dick not including him because of the German team debacle. Probably a good idea tbh.

Herd

Post by Herd »

The krauts loathe the little shit ,I'd love to see him playing actually, might motivate him into putting in a shift.
I'm still pissed off that we didn't try and force the issue with miki in Baku .

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Rest him for Sunday and then when he gets sick Saturday night we can rest him some more :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Remember when Sol would go back to the swamp and the team bus would have shit thrown at it on the way in and the atmosphere in the ground was white hot and they'd want to team him apart?

But he'd still go and play there every time and nobody would ever dream of suggesting it would be better for a player to sit out a game like that.

Of course that was back in the day when everyone wasn't such a massive fucking vagina.

Ozil is our equivalent of that band that burned a million quid on live TV back in the 90's....what a fucking waste.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:57 am
Remember when Sol would go back to the swamp and the team bus would have shit thrown at it on the way in and the atmosphere in the ground was white hot and they'd want to team him apart?

But he'd still go and play there every time and nobody would ever dream of suggesting it would be better for a player to sit out a game like that.

Of course that was back in the day when everyone wasn't such a massive fucking vagina.

Ozil is our equivalent of that band that burned a million quid on live TV back in the 90's....what a fucking waste.
While I agree 99% of modern footballers are vaginas you are talking about the same Sol that had a hissy fit and ran off out of a stadium at half time because he was upset...... vagina alert right thee. :lol: :roll:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Fucking UEFA Cup. The tax return of European football. Nobody wants it, nobody likes it, it's a fucking annoyance but you have to put up with it. It's all so fucking depressing.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:24 am
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:57 am

While I agree 99% of modern footballers are vaginas you are talking about the same Sol that had a hissy fit and ran off out of a stadium at half time because he was upset...... vagina alert right thee. :lol: :roll:
Remember that I was there against the green street murdering scumcuntbags ... But in his defence his father had died the week before I think? and didn't he go on to have something of an emotional / mental breakdown

Regardless Ozil is too pussyfied to even be called a vagina.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: This has draw or loss written all over it. FuckOFF Thursday night football AND Sunday afternoon games :banghead: :(