Frankfurt (A) 19/9 5:55pm (!)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonertux

Frankfurt (A) 19/9 5:55pm (!)

Post by goonertux »

The Thursday Night Challenge is back! After the shit at the weekend, does anyone really care? Team selection will be interesting.

DB10GOONER

Re: Frankfurt (A) 19/9 5:55pm (!)

Post by DB10GOONER »

I honestly struggle to give a flying shit about this until the semi final stage tbh. :|

1-2 to Arsenal. Their goal will be from a Sideshow Bob penno or goal kick Russian roulette. :roll:

Midz

Post by Midz »

They'll probably take the lead early on from some disastrous mistake by our *word censored* at the back.
No, I can't generate much interest in this or any other match we play nowadays. It's an awful shame but there it is.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

This pile of shite is high on the couldn't give a fuckometer :| 2-1 to them.

Poldi

Post by Poldi »

Oh come on, you miserable lot, don't spoil it. Spot the difference: Frankfurt are really up for it and love to play in the Europaleague, fans and players alike. Best home and away support by a mile in recent years in this competition. They bring the glamour that usually only comes by with the CL. And who wants to play there - a competition Arsenal cannot win anyway :rubchin:

Frankfurt should be a good day out, always nice to watch the Arsenal in Germany :barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

goonertux wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:35 am
The Thursday Night Challenge is back! After the shit at the weekend, does anyone really care? Team selection will be interesting.
Lost all interest in the Eurovision crap once we sh*t our pants to the Chavs, no appetite for any more of this rubbish.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

We have to win this trophy this season. I'm sick and tired of our poor European trophy record. Two wins out of seven finals is awful. Don't care who the manager is, or the CL bonus. I just want to see us win a European trophy again, its been too long.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Poldi wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:56 pm
Oh come on, you miserable lot, don't spoil it. Spot the difference: Frankfurt are really up for it and love to play in the Europaleague, fans and players alike. Best home and away support by a mile in recent years in this competition. They bring the glamour that usually only comes by with the CL. And who wants to play there - a competition Arsenal cannot win anyway :rubchin:

Frankfurt should be a good day out, always nice to watch the Arsenal in Germany :barscarf:
Yep but those Frankfurters have not had to endure the soul destroying boredom of European football under the latter 10 years of Wengerball so fuck em. :lol: :wink:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I'm switching off from this until the knockout rounds. This competition is bad enough without having a group stage to bore the fuck out of everyone. Can't wait until 2021 when we have an additional shitty uefa competition for us to enter :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BFG4 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:12 am
I'm switching off from this until the knockout rounds. This competition is bad enough without having a group stage to bore the fuck out of everyone. Can't wait until 2021 when we have an additional shitty uefa competition for us to enter :roll:
The joy! :suicide:

Football has reached saturation point. We now have the purest definition of quantity over quality I've ever seen. :roll:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

I do care about us winning but I wonder if the players really do ??. The money they're on now even a win bonus wouldn't make any difference to the effort they put in !. Franklot have the passion for this & I think that will get them a win at home. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Always makes me smile how many european cities there are that are named after a type of food.

augie

Post by augie »

It's not like I have a hard on for this competition or anything, but given the recent shitfest in the league, I welcome something different IF emery changes up the team line-up - obviously it is coming too soon for Tierney and bellend, but I would like to see chambers and holding in the centre back positions, and torreira Willock and nelson get starts too

Shake things up with team selection and I am interested - keep the same team (or even the majority of the team) and I doubt I will even watch it

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SSN reporting that Tierney and bellend could both feature tomorrow.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Has to be a home win, 3-1 won't watch it.