Villa (H) Sun 22/09 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Villa (H) Sun 22/09 @ 16:30

Post by rodders999 »

Sorry Augie I just can't agree with any of that. ANY OF IT.

He's played 55 premier league games for us scoring 38 goals, 16 goals in his last 16 games, a goal or assist in every game so far this season, he's never gone more than 3 league games without a goal for us and has scored 7 goals from his last 9 shots on target :shock:

That's absolutely phenomenal stuff and as far as I'm concerned he can sit in the center circle pulling his plonker for the majority of the game as long as he keeps those records going.

You take him out of the side and we'd be an absolute mess.

So from now on I won't tolerate a single word of dissent on here against the man or there will be shit to pay I tells ya.....shit to pay!

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:51 am

He's played 55 premier league games for us scoring 38 goals, 16 goals in his last 16 games, a goal or assist in every game so far this season, he's never gone more than 3 league games without a goal for us and has scored 7 goals from his last 9 shots on target :shock:

That's absolutely phenomenal stuff and as far as I'm concerned he can sit in the center circle pulling his plonker for the majority of the game as long as he keeps those records going.

So from now on I won't tolerate a single word of dissent on here against the man or there will be shit to pay I tells ya.....shit to pay!
What he said ;)

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:51 am

Absolutely nailed it there Rodders. No club should even contemplate selling someone with Auba's record. He's in the team to score goals and he does just that.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

has augie had a bang on the head ?

Auba is almost single handedly carrying the entire team at the moment!

I would only play him in league/FA Cup/Europa knock out matches though.
he isn't needed for the Europa group matches - the youth team could probably get us through that group.

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:53 am
has augie had a bang on the head ?

Auba is almost single handedly carrying the entire team at the moment!

I would only play him in league/FA Cup/Europa knock out matches though.
he isn't needed for the Europa group matches - the youth team could probably get us through that group.

Carrying the team ??? Did you watch the first 80 minutes yesterday ? Minimal effort and minimal interest. I get that some fans want to hang up his goals as a reason to laud him so much, but wrighty and henry scored goals for fun AND worked hard for the team too.

The douzi and the douzi alone carried that team for most of yesterday game

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Someone call DB....Augie's relapsed again :lol:

:wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:29 pm

:lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

In an ideal world we could worry about Auba's workrate but he is the friggin least of our problems at the moment and any time spent having a pop at him is a complete waste of time and energy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again Auba will outscore Laca every time despite Laca's commendable work rate and the fact that Auba will still miss a hatful of goals along the way. That's just the kind of player he is.

Most of it was fucking woeful yesterday until they found a bit of backbone and managed to dig themselves out of the shit. The Douzi was at it to give a bit of credit and we could do with that from him on a more regular basis. Awful defence and our midfield is still playing schoolboy football most of the time. With CBs as dodgy as ours we need a proper holding midfielder in there to provide the cover that is so badly badly needed. Christ only knows what we'll see next Monday night.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

It's been 6 years since Auba has gone more than 3 games without a goal or an assist 8)

General

Post by General »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:57 pm
In an ideal world we could worry about Auba's workrate but he is the friggin least of our problems at the moment and any time spent having a pop at him is a complete waste of time and energy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again Auba will outscore Laca every time despite Laca's commendable work rate and the fact that Auba will still miss a hatful of goals along the way. That's just the kind of player he is.

Aubameyang is fitter, quicker and more mobile than Lacazette. He plays on instinct which sometimes makes him unpredictable and wasteful in possession.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Have to say I enjoyed this game despite the obvious flaws and this infuriating inability to defend.

Obviously we all want a well-balanced, well-drilled professional looking team ... but we're not winning the title this season or in any of the next few seasons so a few ''edge of your seat games'' like this are better to watch than the mind-numbing metronome sideways dross that Wenger served up for years. A typical Wenger team in the Emirates era would have coasted this game 3-0 but it would have bored the f--k out of me watching it :banghead:

Like the scum game, the atmosphere in the 2nd half was really good and I love it when the crowd plays its part. There is some spirit in this team that has been missing for a long time and the crowd responds when they see it ... but it means at the moment we are only seeing it in home games. We need something to make this sort of fighting spirit part of the club again. Preferably showing it before we've shot ourselves in both feet.

Xhaka finally got the treatment his woeful displays have merited. I hope that it can only be a good thing. Either he shapes up (unlikely) or is frozen out.

:barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:29 pm

:lol:

I'm with you Rodders. 8)

Augie ffs man get over the Robbie Savage fixation :wink:

Boomerang is phenomenal. His record speaks for itself. Yep he can appear lazy but I don't think that does him justice. I don't mind a striker not running around like a headless chicken because if he is a lone striker then that would usually mean we have a 5 in midfield to do the work. Being a striker particularly a lone striker is all about being ready to go at a moments notice having the fitness stamina and energy to get your ass on the end of a ball that might not have been coming all game so you might get one chance and you've got to be ready to get on it - not be tired from chasing around like a midfielder.

Augie you've been a complete cùnt on this one. :lol: :wink:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:31 pm
Only watching the highlights now and that’s a fucking stonewall penalty at the end there.

Sokrites has turned from a solid performer last season into an absolute liability this time round. Himself and Luiz must be the worst central defensive partnership in the league. They’re toilet.
He's a big brainless arsepiece rodders :oops:

Clash

Post by Clash »

falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:48 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Only watching the highlights now and that’s a fucking stonewall penalty at the end there.

Sokrites has turned from a solid performer last season into an absolute liability this time round. Himself and Luiz must be the worst central defensive partnership in the league. They’re toilet.
He was telling the crowd to calm down at one point yesterday when he did some dodgy looped back pass. Definitely not having a good season this time round. Got away with that handball for sure. Shows once again what a farce VAR is!

Sokratis reminds me of one of those background extras from something like The Kids from Fame. Not a speaking part .. just playing the part of a member of a New York gang wearing and a white vest. Looks tough and uncompromising ... but suddenly bursts into dancing and cavorting and spinning around like a nonce! Not sure I'm explaining what I'm seeing in my mind too well and maybe should keep this to myself but anyway ...

By the way watching The Kids from Fame was never a TV choice of mine so I must explain :oops: When I was young we had one colour telly in the living room and a small B&W portable in the kitchen. The deal was if me and my dad wanted to watch proper TV like Match of the Day, The Professionals and Minder etc. then my mum and sister got to watch shite like the above plus other female horseshit like Cagney and Lacey, Dallas and The Gentle Touch :banghead: ! There is much about the pre-modern world I miss but sharing one telly is not one of them!

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:15 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:48 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Sokratis reminds me of one of those background extras from something like The Kids from Fame. Not a speaking part .. just playing the part of a member of a New York gang wearing and a white vest. Looks tough and uncompromising ... but suddenly bursts into dancing and cavorting and spinning around like a nonce! Not sure I'm explaining what I'm seeing in my mind too well and maybe should keep this to myself but anyway ...

Superb bit of analysis re Sokratis :lol: :lol: