Villa (H) Sun 22/09 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: Villa (H) Sun 22/09 @ 16:30

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:16 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:14 pm
xisstential wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:12 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:04 pm
xisstential wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:02 pm
What a wonderful, wonderful player Kante is, just scored a great goal. Wenger opted for Xhaka instead...and he cost more :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
In fairness apart from.that goal he's been shit all game but at his worst he is still better than Xhakatard at his best.
Tbf I am trying to watch two games at once so cannot comment, but he is normally so industrious and effective.....also very unassuming, not one of these arsehole showboaters.
He's been quite poor but the chavs in general have been poor. But his goal was quality. Agreed he's a top player.
Haha curse of the commentator. He's now been the chavs best player last 10 minutes. :lol:
Lol, every time I crossed over in the last 10 minutes he was on the ball, doing something good or breaking up a move.

From what I saw the chavs could have got a point.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

We cannot continue conceeding 2 or more goals against bottom half teams (especially at home) and not losing or dropping points. AMN is an experiment at RB that did not work, either play him in midfield (drop Xhaka?!?!) or sell him, get a new RB in or promote a RB from youth.

Sokratis and Luiz should not start together, I'd rather neither of them started full stop actually but as we haven't got that many options one of them will start, we should make more use of Chambers and hopefully Holding when he's fit.

The whole Ozil thing is quite ridiculous now, we have a £300K+ player not even coming off the bench, just get rid of him in January ffs, whatever it takes, we need to invest those wages in defence (or DM).
:roll:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:21 pm
Winning this match does not change the underlying issues, we should be beating a newly promoted side comfortably :rubchin:
I agree....but we did have 10 men for more than half the game. 9 1/2 if you factor Xhaka in.

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

Would just like to say one thing about the links I post. If the trend continues where more people are using them elsewhere other than this forum then I will stop posting them.

I put the streams up here for the forum members to use and not to be shared around Facebook and the like. I can track where links are opened from and today more than two thirds were from places other than the Gooner Forum. Don't kill the goose boys. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:31 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:16 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:14 pm
xisstential wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:12 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:04 pm

In fairness apart from.that goal he's been shit all game but at his worst he is still better than Xhakatard at his best.
Tbf I am trying to watch two games at once so cannot comment, but he is normally so industrious and effective.....also very unassuming, not one of these arsehole showboaters.
He's been quite poor but the chavs in general have been poor. But his goal was quality. Agreed he's a top player.
Haha curse of the commentator. He's now been the chavs best player last 10 minutes. :lol:
Lol, every time I crossed over in the last 10 minutes he was on the ball, doing something good or breaking up a move.

From what I saw the chavs could have got a point.
Yep they were worth a draw tbh.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:29 pm
Well, thank fucking fuck. The better players drove us on there. Once Xhaka pissed off we got the win, funny that, eh? It would be nice to perhaps win a game without drama or catastrophe once in a while but that seems to be the way we do things under this bloke. Up to fourth now, but we're a million miles away from being a dependable and reliable side. Quite frankly, I'm worried.
Dear Mr Worried,

I share you concerns 1,000%.

:D :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Sutch2 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:20 pm
I still want the fucker out - the 4-3 comment he made is personified today. In fact, he'll see the fact that we came back from this (if we hold on - how fucking pathetic is it that we're talking about hanging on at home to Villa?) as justification for his non-system.

Emery out.

Hold on now and think about what you are actually saying - he took saka off at half time to bring on a defender to try and shore up the back line, and he gets panned for being negative ?? Then you come on and slate him for being too gung ho even though he brought on a defensive midfielder (torreira) when most would have gone with a creative player (ozil) :? :?

Slate him for his team selection and his tactics if you want, but today was not an example of how he wants to go all out attack and wants to win 4-3 instead of 1-0 :roll:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

clummo123 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:33 pm
Would just like to say one thing about the links I post. If the trend continues where more people are using them elsewhere other than this forum then I will stop posting them.

I put the streams up here for the forum members to use and not to be shared around Facebook and the like. I can track where links are opened from and today more than two thirds were from places other than the Gooner Forum. Don't kill the goose boys. :roll:
Your links are excellent....I used to have every football package, I've stopped that now because we are so shit so I use your links. Put your funding link up again please and I will make a donation. Thanks again :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

clummo123 wrote:

That is really Bad, who the fuckk did it? name and shame I say...buncha cuntts.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:40 pm
clummo123 wrote:

Your links are excellent....I used to have every football package, I've stopped that now because we are so shit so I use your links. Put your funding link up again please and I will make a donation. Thanks again :D
It's on Clummo's profile page mate.

A Very Worthy cause. :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:29 pm
Douzer & Chambers were our best defenders.

Chambers was brilliants...Douzer just drove the team forward (again).

We got out of gaol again...but Emery must go...probably not till the end of the season, but he ain't what and who we need.

FUCKK OF VILLA Especially grealish the diving pussy hole.
I think pepe and Ceballos worked hard, as did Auba the last 15. Not enough i know...

Kolasinac and Sokratis also came into the game later on.

Dozer should be captain. He has the passion and the aggression.

I really really hope that Dick learned today - start Torreira, saka and chambers. AMN is out for united anyway.

Chambers was solid the minute he came on.

If you look back over my posts today you can tell i could see us raising our game finally, with half an hour to go.

With ten men thats a good win, but Dick needsto learn and so does JCC .

Xhaka cannot protect luiz and luiz is not picking up the runners.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

clummo123 wrote:

Thats a bit shit. Wasnt me pal.

I have no friends :lol:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

clummo123 wrote:

I tried to open the links couldn't do.yet I am a middle aged dunce when it comes to computers,

Fair play to you and many here will support you,concentrate on them mate,especially games like today that are probably only live outside of the UK and Ireland.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

augie wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:39 pm

Hold on now and think about what you are actually saying - he took saka off at half time to bring on a defender to try and shore up the back line, and he gets panned for being negative ?? Then you come on and slate him for being too gung ho even though he brought on a defensive midfielder (torreira) when most would have gone with a creative player (ozil) :? :?

Slate him for his team selection and his tactics if you want, but today was not an example of how he wants to go all out attack and wants to win 4-3 instead of 1-0 :roll:
Yeah, he did the right thing. I was pissed off he didnt take Xhaka off but his tactics were right there. As were bringing on willock and Torreira to protect the back four but break up villa and hit them on the break.

Though to be fair, Torreira played well foward today. But then he is box to box.
Last edited by clockender1 on Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:44 pm
clummo123 wrote:

Thats a bit shit. Wasnt me pal.

I have no friends :lol:

:shock:

But ....... But .... But ...

What about ...

I mean .......

:(

:D :wink: