Villa (H) Sun 22/09 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: Villa (H) Sun 22/09 @ 16:30

Post by clockender1 »

Blim wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:02 am
General wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:52 am
Sokratis/Luiz is possibly the worst centre back partnership in the PL.
Sokratis was playing well last season WTF has happened to him :?
Hes getting pulled out of position covering for Luiz.

A back four only works if they play as a unit. If one guy is out of position then it fails.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

augie wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:29 am
scotgooner wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:28 am
Haven’t read through everything yet but did see Augie saying we should sell Auba at the next opportunity?

I usually agree with 99% of what you say but you must be having a laugh with this one.

Not only is he a prolific goal scorer but he is helping the young players develop and every time he scores he celebrates in a way that shows Arsenal means something to him.

You are frighteningly wrong on this one Augie my good man.

The very MINIMUM we should expect from our players is 100% effort and work-rate ……………. auba was nowhere near 50%. I'm not advocating a Robbie savage type of player should be in there (before the midget mod jumps all over this :wink: ), but fcuk me at least make some effort for your team. What kind of message is it sending to the young players when he strolls through the game ? Does it tell them that when you are a superstar you dont have to work hard and your team-mates will do the work for you ?

It's easy be billy big bollox when the team is going well and you are getting on the end of the moves, but what about when the team is under pressure and needs you ? He is one of the more experienced players in the team, and when the team is struggling and maybe showing some panic as they are chasing the game, he needs to step up and lead them through that panic. When the crowd are getting edgy (like yesterday), simple things like running your nuts off and closing down clearances can help lift them when they see how much effort is being put in. The media like to harp on about how he misses laca alongside him cos they are close friends, but the reality is that he misses laca cos he does all the work for him and he isnt half the player without him.
Nail on the head :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:15 pm

Sokratis reminds me of one of those background extras from something like The Kids from Fame. Not a speaking part .. just playing the part of a member of a New York gang wearing and a white vest. Looks tough and uncompromising ... but suddenly bursts into dancing and cavorting and spinning around like a nonce! Not sure I'm explaining what I'm seeing in my mind too well and maybe should keep this to myself but anyway ...
:lol: :lol:

Fuck Spit The Scouse and Spiv Neville - you should be doing MNF mate. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:57 am
Clash wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:15 pm

Sokratis reminds me of one of those background extras from something like The Kids from Fame. Not a speaking part .. just playing the part of a member of a New York gang wearing and a white vest. Looks tough and uncompromising ... but suddenly bursts into dancing and cavorting and spinning around like a nonce! Not sure I'm explaining what I'm seeing in my mind too well and maybe should keep this to myself but anyway ...
:lol: :lol:

Fuck Spit The Scouse and Spiv Neville - you should be doing MNF mate. 8)
Maybe if you rock up to the studios and do some kind of Song and Dance they might take you on!? :D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

scotgooner wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:12 am
rodders999 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:51 am
Sorry Augie I just can't agree with any of that. ANY OF IT.

He's played 55 premier league games for us scoring 38 goals, 16 goals in his last 16 games, a goal or assist in every game so far this season, he's never gone more than 3 league games without a goal for us and has scored 7 goals from his last 9 shots on target :shock:

That's absolutely phenomenal stuff and as far as I'm concerned he can sit in the center circle pulling his plonker for the majority of the game as long as he keeps those records going.

You take him out of the side and we'd be an absolute mess.

So from now on I won't tolerate a single word of dissent on here against the man or there will be shit to pay I tells ya.....shit to pay!
What he said ;)
And what HE said about what He said. :D :wink: