Manc Filth (A) 30/09 @ 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: Manc Filth (A) 30/09 @ 20:00

Post by clockender1 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:16 am
They scraped by Rochdale last night on pennos. As a club they look low in confidence and self belief.

Really mixed feelings on this from hour to hour. :lol: :roll:

Fuck it. Win for us. :shock:
Their fans are getting super twitchy.

It depends on whether we can keep them quiet and get either the first goal or equalize if they score first.

Dick is silly if he doesn't capitalize on the momentum of the last two games.

Let the kids at them i say and rend them a new vagina :box:

bunch

Post by bunch »

Last time we beat manyoo at their place in the league was September 2006. Last time we beat any of the top six away was Jan 2015 when we beat City.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

bunch wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:51 am
Last time we beat manyoo at their place in the league was September 2006. Last time we beat any of the top six away was Jan 2015 when we beat City.
This unfortunately is the stat that stands out for me.I can't see us going there and winning no matter how shite they play :cry:

John F

Post by John F »

Arsenal were the better team against them last year it was only because they injured a couple of our players that we didn't win all three games.Since the unbeaten run was ended by the most inept ,some would say corrupt refereeing I have ever seen they have been getting away with trying to kick us off the park and at old Trafford it has worked .If Dick starts with the same midfield and defence that he started the Villa game I cannot see Arsenal beating Stoke Utd .

General

Post by General »

Both teams are an inverted image of each other. United lack quality but have a clear playing structure. We have better quality but no clear playing structure. It’s going to be a chaotic end to end game.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Emerys team selection will be vital in this outcome

We need to be positive and put them on the back foot, hopefully an early goal will sink their confidence and deflate the crowd

Lets fucking go for it......

General

Post by General »

If I recall we took the lead twice last season and capitulated in typical fashion. We can’t defend or hold a lead.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:26 am

We need to be positive and put them on the back foot, hopefully an early goal will sink their confidence and deflate the crowd

^^^This 100% ^^^

IOf he plays Oz-iLL and xhakawanka we are fuckedd .. d .d . ddd

If he goes with a holding mid-field and pepe, Auba and Saka up-front we'll outscore them ... as long as the 2 mentioned don't play...

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:11 am
Redarmy wrote:

^^^This 100% ^^^

If he goes with a holding mid-field and pepe, Auba and Saka up-front we'll outscore them ... as long as the 2 mentioned don't play...
£72M or not i'd drop Pepe and give Martinelli a chance in the league, he'll be buzzing after the other night and just might be exactly whats needed, i'm not sold on Pepe currently.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:10 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

^^^This 100% ^^^

£72M or not i'd drop Pepe and give Martinelli a chance in the league, he'll be buzzing after the other night and just might be exactly whats needed, i'm not sold on Pepe currently.
This ^^ 100%. Pepe has been goodish in flashes but utter gash in his finishing and final ball. Martinelli looks hungry and aggressive and fearless. Give him a run and tell him to bring it to their shit defence at every opportunity.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Have to agree with that.

Saka was better than pepe against villa

And Martinelli was Excellent against Colchester...yes a lower league team, but their defenders were handing out some rough treatment and he handled himself well and BOTH goals were strikers goals...

He's a Natural, also he is VERY Highly rated in Brazil and quite a few prem teams were getting their cheque books ready to sign him including: leicester, wolves and mancfilth, so it would be a nice irony if he was to play and score a brace against the latter :D

Actually following the performance of the youngsters I think we are about to find out where Emery is at and whether he is capable of going with the flow and play the 'In Form' players or if he is like TOF and will stick with his favourites :?

Midz

Post by Midz »

Take the team that played against Forest and look at who could improve it that didn't play.

Auba
Laca

Who else?

And there's your answer

Midz

Post by Midz »

Saka and Martenelli will cause massive problems for any defence and should at least be given a chance.

augie

Post by augie »

Lads, lets be realistic here and acknowledge that there is ZERO chance that martinelli will start, and if I'm honest I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't even make the bench - that is in no way my preference, but I suspect that emery will opt for experience in the team and squad selection.

That leads me nicely to my belief that xhaka will start and of that I have no doubt - it is impossible to comprehend why emery seems to rate him but rate him he does, and I fully expect him to be picked and be captain next Monday night.

Getting deeper into team line up now is a bit premature seeing as it is still 4 days away, but on a personal level I don't think I would start saka cos this is a big game and I'm not sure he is ready for it - I think I would opt for a front 3 of nelson on the right, pepe in the middle, and auba on the left. Putting auba on the left would probably fcuk them and their preparations up big time cos they wont be expecting it - auba on the left will stop their palace right back getting forward, and playing pepe in the middle might work better than him playing on the right and constantly trying to cut inside onto his left foot, cos even stevie wonder can read that :roll:

Blim

Post by Blim »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

^^^This 100% ^^^

Well and truly :(