Standard Liege (H) EL 03/10 @ 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Standard Liege (H) EL 03/10 @ 20:00

Post by DB10GOONER »

4-0. 8)

Herd

Re: Standard Liege (H) EL 03/10 @ 20:00

Post by Herd »

I'm sure our lads will remember the kind hospitality of the Liege Hellsiders in 1993 as 400 of them attacked 25 of our chaps assisted by our very own met police and the local dibble !
As luck would have it I was in the Arsenal End and couldn't get round to where my seat was ……………...lucky me !

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

I hope he rests Saka and Chambers for this. They and Torreira looked fucked after 70 minutes at old toilet.

Maybe the pitch got very heavy, but with three games in six days Dick has to make Bournemouth the priority.

Still very vague on lacas return i notice our PLC is.

Blim

Post by Blim »

Pepe needs to start this to try to find the net, he can't buy a goal at the minute. 2-0 to us. :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:50 pm
I hope he rests Saka and Chambers for this. They and Torreira looked fucked after 70 minutes at old toilet.

Maybe the pitch got very heavy, but with three games in six days Dick has to make Bournemouth the priority.

Never mind Laca - any word on Luke Skywalker there Yoda? :lol: :wink:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Let's hope unai Wenger rests the ones who looked fucked on Monday.Absolutely no need to risk auba in this as the league game on Sunday is far more important.

Edit They are shite...we are shite....game will be a big pile of shite..... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:50 pm

The "leeetle niggle" hasn't returned as well has it?

Unai Emery = Arsene Wenger Mark 2

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Herd wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:43 pm
I'm sure our lads will remember the kind hospitality of the Liege Hellsiders in 1993 as 400 of them attacked 25 of our chaps assisted by our very own met police and the local dibble !
As luck would have it I was in the Arsenal End and couldn't get round to where my seat was ……………...lucky me !
They were very hospitable when we plotted up in their firms boozer hours before the game :cheers: Plod decided to let us all stay in there & made sure we went in the away end. I think it was about £6.00 to stand but many jibbed into the seats above. :barscarf:

Massive battle outside afterwards with their lot & Plod / Riot Police / Army flares & missiles flying through the air, :box: with all the industrial / mining furnaces & smoke going in the background. a good view from away end. They lost 0-7, even McGoldrick scored, they had the slight hump. :mrgreen:

They kept us in for ages, everyone thrown on old WWII / BR style football special knackered rattlers straight back to Ostend, but some lads who had digs in Brussels, pulled the emergency switch, running across train tracks being chased by Old Bill :lol:

It was a great trip, proper old school European away day, by trains & ferry, before the days of cheap air travel. :barscarf: :crest:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

the word on KT - i like this kid more and more - and fairplay for Dick making him :
"I asked Kieran yesterday because we are waiting first for him to be with us consistently playing and after his injuries each step is important.

We are taking precautions. He didn't play in Manchester because he had a small problem - not important - but the doctor told us that it's better for him to be here, working alone.

"It's also important with the national team but we are thinking it is not the moment to work with them. For the next matches, I think he is going to be ready to play with us and to play with them."

Tierney has played just 77 minutes since moving south at the end of August - making his sole Arsenal appearance in the League Cup win over Nottingham Forest last week.

However, Emery confirmed he will play in Thursday's Europa League group stage meeting with Standard Liege.

"Thursday is a good opportunity again, because he is ready to play," the head coach said. "He will take minutes, he will take confidence and will be able with us to show also his progress."
this is how it should be - remember our 'England Stars' walcott and wheelchair - out for six weeks, straight back into the England Squad, out for another two weeks...

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:55 pm
Herd wrote:
They were very hospitable when we plotted up in their firms boozer hours before the game :cheers: Plod decided to let us all stay in there & made sure we went in the away end. I think it was about £6.00 to stand but many jibbed into the seats above. :barscarf:

Massive battle outside afterwards with their lot & Plod / Riot Police / Army flares & missiles flying through the air, :box: with all the industrial / mining furnaces & smoke going in the background. a good view from away end. They lost 0-7, even McGoldrick scored, they had the slight hump. :mrgreen:

They kept us in for ages, everyone thrown on old WWII / BR style football special knackered rattlers straight back to Ostend, but some lads who had digs in Brussels, pulled the emergency switch, running across train tracks being chased by Old Bill :lol:

It was a great trip, proper old school European away day, by trains & ferry, before the days of cheap air travel. :barscarf: :crest:
I was at this one. Only two turnstyles open and was taking absolutely ages to get in until Ken Friar stepped up and insisted that more be opened. Still missed the kick off though.

Down to buy some chips to munch at halftime and they smothered the fuckers with mayonaise without asking me. :cussing: My first experience of chips and mayo and I'm still traumatised to this day. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

clummo123 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:23 pm
Herd wrote:

I was at this one. Only two turnstyles open and was taking absolutely ages to get in until Ken Friar stepped up and insisted that more be opened. Still missed the kick off though.

Down to buy some chips to munch at halftime and they smothered the fuckers with mayonaise without asking me. :cussing: My first experience of chips and mayo and I'm still traumatised to this day. :lol:
Are you sure it was 'mayo' !?? :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D :wink: :wink:

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:51 pm
clummo123 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:23 pm
Herd wrote:

Are you sure it was 'mayo' !?? :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D :wink: :wink:
Hmmm Belgian man juice. Thank the lord I never actually ate any then!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Yup we popped out at half time (had to leave the stadium :lol: ) to get a hotdog from a stall that had set up when a 100+ Hellsiders came steaming down the road, we were pushed back inside and they locked the gates! Police were ready though as a watercannon came round the corner and gave the Greasy Mayo Warriors a good wash. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:48 am
Yup we popped out at half time (had to leave the stadium :lol: ) to get a hotdog from a stall that had set up when a 100+ Hellsiders came steaming down the road, we were pushed back inside and they locked the gates! Police were ready though as a watercannon came round the corner and gave the Greasy Mayo Warriors a good wash. :barscarf:
:lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:25 am
TeeCee wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:48 am
:lol:
:lol: :lol: