Bournemouth (H) PL 06/10 @ 14:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
AkneyGooner

Re: Bournemouth (H) PL 06/10 @ 14:00

Post by AkneyGooner »

clummo123 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:42 pm
Non flying Dutchman wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:37 pm
Insipid.

So far from 1998-2004

Terrible, slow boring shit.

Enjoyed the Thursday game more than this. At least those lads ran around a bit.

Wake me up in 5 years..... Best league in the world.... my hairy arse

:banghead:
In general I think the Premier League is the most exciting. I watch quite a bit of the other leagues and the only one that comes even remotely close is the Bundesliga.

Italy, Spain, France etc are in the main soporific. Argentina's Primera Liga can be exciting. Particulary the Boca/River Plate matches. I wouldn't swap any of them for the Premier League though.
I had to google the meaning of that, can you stop with your fancy book learning words please :lol:

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

Sorry. :lol: :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The football under Mr. Magnolia is so drab he’s actually got me pining for the days we used to go into flat track bully mode under Wanka and destroy the shit teams 5 nil at home.

No way Mr. Magnolia ever wins a league game 4 or 5 nil like Le Fraud would.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Happy with a dull 1-0, 1 point behind City. Other teams players shagging their teammate's wives, managers clueless and team spirit on the floor. Top 4 is there for the taking if we get our shit together over the next two months before we play another top 4 side.

Chambers has to be one of the most improved players at Arsenal in recent years. He was my MOM yesterday even ahead of Luiz. Martinelli, my god we have found a player there. If he fulfils his potential its inevitable he will end up somewhere like Barca/RM but at least we will get some decent bunce for him.
Last edited by nut flush gooner on Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Non flying Dutchman wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:37 pm
Insipid.

So far from 1998-2004

Terrible, slow boring shit.

Enjoyed the Thursday game more than this. At least those lads ran around a bit.

Wake me up in 5 years..... Best league in the world.... my hairy arse

:banghead:
It is the best league in the world by a mile, the fact the PL has the biggest TV deals in the world with the biggest viewing audiences says a lot.

Given the way we played/defended against Villa 1-0 was the perfect result. People were moaning that they couldn't take the stress of that game, can't have it both ways.

Blim

Post by Blim »

Slow it was BUT, we still got the 3 points, we are grinding out results thats the main thing, personally I think Emery is too defensive but let's hope that will change. At least our defence didn't crumble that's something to be thankful for. :wink:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Blim wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:04 am
Slow it was BUT, we still got the 3 points, we are grinding out results thats the main thing, personally I think Emery is too defensive but let's hope that will change. At least our defence didn't crumble that's something to be thankful for. :wink:

True the first half we were defensively solid, even if we created nothing, and scored from our only shot, I never felt like they would score... Second half as we failed to get the second goal they felt like they may be able to nick a point.

They had nothing to lose at 1-0 and went for us.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Dozi again never stopped running. Crap to watch if you like the beautiful game but that will never happen here until we play our next Fursday night cup game. Grind out the 3 points that's OK. 1-0 to the Arsenal just like the old days !!. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

With utd and them in disarray chelsea rebuilding but under embargo there will be no excuse to finish any lower than 4th.

GTG

Post by GTG »

Win is a win. The younger lads will have good and bad days that comes with learning the game.

My main worry for this season is the Xhaka situation. Its absolute madness that hes in the side never mind captain. Emery has backed himself into a corner with that decision and it could be very costly. I also fear sooner or later Douzi is going to burn out playing alongside him because many times this season is he's trying to do 3 jobs across that pitch covering Xhaka and the full backs when they get caught up field.

Just getting Tierney out there should help a fair bit in terms of the full backs as Chambers has been fairly solid

But what can you do about Xhaka. Emery refuses to see it and we've had a manager like that before.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:54 am
Happy with a dull 1-0, 1 point behind City. Other teams players shagging their teammate's wives, managers clueless and team spirit on the floor. Top 4 is there for the taking if we get our shit together over the next two months before we play another top 4 side.

Chambers has to be one of the most improved players at Arsenal in recent years. He was my MOM yesterday even ahead of Luiz. Martinelli, my god we have found a player there. If he fulfils his potential its inevitable he will end up somewhere like Barca/RM but at least we will get some decent bunce for him.
Agree with all of this. Looking forward to hearing "one nil to the Arsenal" and "Boring, Boring Arsenal". It means the team is doing something right and we're challenging for titles. A performance taken from George Graham's book of "how to win matches The Arsenal Way" chapter one.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

GTG wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:02 am
Win is a win. The younger lads will have good and bad days that comes with learning the game.

My main worry for this season is the Xhaka situation. Its absolute madness that hes in the side never mind captain. Emery has backed himself into a corner with that decision and it could be very costly. I also fear sooner or later Douzi is going to burn out playing alongside him because many times this season is he's trying to do 3 jobs across that pitch covering Xhaka and the full backs when they get caught up field.

Just getting Tierney out there should help a fair bit in terms of the full backs as Chambers has been fairly solid

But what can you do about Xhaka. Emery refuses to see it and we've had a manager like that before.
I agree that Tierney alone will make a big improvement - at one point yesterday Kolasinac was caught upfield when Bournemouth won the ball back , instead of bombing back (as I think Tierney will do ) he meandered in field to near the centre circle :banghead: :banghead:

Thought Chambers deserved to keep his place, was a tad worried with him picking up an early booking ( if you are going to get one at least make it a tackle that hurts the other player, not a harmless pull back) by all accounts he played defensive mid for Fulham last season - with Xhaka one booking away from a ban (already, I know) he may be worth a shout there.

Xhaka appears to get worse, his attempts at tackling opponents running with the ball, when he stands flat footed and stationary are quite laughable, but there you go.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Looking at the table makes me wonder, only if we didn't shoot ourselves against Tottenham in the first half and against United we could've been dangerously close to L'pool (even if for one GW) and with other teams slacking off this would be a prime time to tighten up and go all in.

Xhaka one booking away is a good thing, place Chambers there and hopefully Tierney is back for Wolves or Leicester. I'd say we can go 3rd this season but the 'January Arsenal' is yet to come where we fuck games up every other week and start to dive down like Salah in the table.

Clash

Post by Clash »

This regular first choice XI that Emery seems to favour is so dull compared to the more energetic youngsters we've seen in the cup games.

I know we have some better players first teams players to come in but there is no guarantee they're gonna get picked. If Emery prefers Xhaka to Torreira then I fear he is settled on this line up!

I couldn't wait for the game to end and only cheered at the final whistle because it meant I could go home. And then the Man City result flashed up on the big screen :banghead: :banghead:

Have to say that as bad as Xhaka is, Kolasinac isnt far behind him. Awful awful player. He does the impossible and makes Gael Clichy look effective! The stewards should have ignored that idiot who ran on the pitch and dragged Xhaka or Kolasinac off instead! They look more and more like impostors every time I see them :roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:19 pm
This regular first choice XI that Emery seems to favour is so dull compared to the more energetic youngsters we've seen in the cup games.

I know we have some better players first teams players to come in but there is no guarantee they're gonna get picked. If Emery prefers Xhaka to Torreira then I fear he is settled on this line up!

I couldn't wait for the game to end and only cheered at the final whistle because it meant I could go home. And then the Man City result flashed up on the big screen :banghead: :banghead:

Have to say that as bad as Xhaka is, Kolasinac isnt far behind him. Awful awful player. He does the impossible and makes Gael Clichy look effective! The stewards should have ignored that idiot who ran on the pitch and dragged Xhaka or Kolasinac off instead! They look more and more like impostors every time I see them :roll:

Quite agree. It's got to the point where we are struggling to bother to go and watch this shite. I would much rather he picked the kids and gave them a proper chance rather than chopping and changing. We now use the last 5 mins as a chance to walk round the lower tier concourse up to the north bank exit watching the tellies as we go.

I think I can safely say I am one of the original critics of Kolasinac on here who imo is a terrible player who spends 99.9% of his time checking back on himself and playing square / backwards passes. Occasionally he forgets himself and crosses or shoots.......compare that with KT the other night who plays like a proper old skool left back and offers overlaps, works to the bye line, crosses etc etc. I think I am correct saying this and would normally check my info but I'm fu.cked if I'm wasting my time to verify this statement but weren't Kolasinac and Xhaka both in the Bundesliga team of the year before they rolled up here courtesy of that footballing genius TOF. Fu.cking Germans saw TOF coming didn't they! Fu.cking pay him £120k pw too. He's not worth £60k even without having to pay a fee for him.