Sheff Utd (A) PL 21/10 @ 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: Sheff Utd (A) PL 21/10 @ 20:00

Post by Herd »

Fail to mark a man on a corner who is inside the 6 yard box and on Lenos case ,amateur's.
1-0 down on 56 mins and play keepball in our own penalty b4 giving straight back to them ,baffling !
Inviting them down the wings when Kolasinac cant defend or attack ,plain dumb.
Persisting with Pepe and Xhaka for so long in a game ,mindboggling .
This Head Coach simply hasn't a clue what he's doing ,he should leave ,he is adding nothing but pain !
Martinelli did more in a few mins than pepe has done all season !
At this rate we will struggle to get 6th !

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Disappointed with the injury time, was really hoping we’d get he chance to take one more shit corner.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Emery's new Car

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Last edited by TeeCee on Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 12 times in total.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

just as i expected. clueless shite again.

nothing's changed. emery is lost.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

This is the start of it. Nothing's changed and all the old problems are going to come back. That was too much like the last 10 years of the old *word censored* for too many people and the only thing that held off a full-scale civil war amongst the fan base was the acceptance eventually from even the most feverent Wenger luvvie that change was needed. That's not happened. It's going to start all over again.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I'm not surprised we lost I'm not susrprised we played badly. I'm not surprised that we can't play properly way from home. I'm not surprised that a 'lower team' didn't look uncomfortable against us at all. I'm not surprised that our midfield was ineffective. I'm not surpised that our defence is laughable. I'm not surprised that the line-up remains, basically, the same regardless of who we play in the League. I'm not surprised by any of it, anymore.

I'm just bored of it being so predictable..

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

I’m with everyone on Emery out, but it breaks my heart to see (so-called) players in that away shirt turn in performances like that. No heart, no bravery, no desire and no fuckin clue. We are rotten from top to bottom. And nothing will change. Get used to this shit for the rest of the season.

Clash

Post by Clash »

I would NEVER take Wenger back but this is NOT what I anticipated when he left.

I wasn’t expecting an immediate improvement but I was expecting something different. This is exactly the same!

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

The team selection I was so fucking angry when I saw it, as I knew what it was going to be except for willock, and willock was a terrible gamble, if he wanted to gamble put anyone but xhaka,put martelnelli on. Willock will be a decent player but today is not the match for him.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Sorry for the rant but here goes, Emery the fuck out! Our defence gets slated(and rightly so) but the lack of chances created tonight is the worse part. A long range shot from Xhaka and Pepe missing the ball are all we have to show after 90 minutes against a shit team. We have zero creativity and yet the one player who might unlock a defence in Ozil, can't get in the squad because he apparently doesn't work hard enough as opposed to warriors like Xhaka and Pepe :roll: It's pathetic that the script for this could have been written weeks ago. An away game on a monday night with a noisy crowd, we all knew it would be too much for our bottle jobs. Those that still want Emery here are either delusional or just resistant to change. We claim to be a big club but then try to be charitable to those that don't deserve it. A big club would fuck Emery out the door now and start again.

Midz

Post by Midz »

g88ner wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:01 pm
just as i expected. clueless shite again.

nothing's changed. emery is lost.
Unfortunately I believe you're right. It's depressing isn't it.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

goonertux wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:02 pm
I’m with everyone on Emery out, but it breaks my heart to see (so-called) players in that away shirt turn in performances like that. No heart, no bravery, no desire and no fuckin clue. We are rotten from top to bottom. And nothing will change. Get used to this shit for the rest of the season.

What was the game plan though , try to break down one of the best defensive teams in the division without a creative midfielder? Rely on an out of form winger, and a prospect in the other side ? I'm not sure what the plan was

Clash

Post by Clash »

How the FUCK does Kolasinac play 90mins when Tierney is fit? Scandalous, disgraceful and unforgivable Emery!

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:04 pm
Sorry for the rant but here goes, Emery the fuck out! Our defence gets slated(and rightly so) but the lack of chances created tonight is the worse part. A long range shot from Xhaka and Pepe missing the ball are all we have to show after 90 minutes against a shit team. We have zero creativity and yet the one player who might unlock a defence in Ozil, can't get in the squad because he apparently doesn't work hard enough as opposed to warriors like Xhaka and Pepe :roll: It's pathetic that the script for this could have been written weeks ago. An away game on a monday night with a noisy crowd, we all knew it would be too much for our bottle jobs. Those that still want Emery here are either delusional or just resistant to change. We claim to be a big club but then try to be charitable to those that don't deserve it. A big club would fuck Emery out the door now and start again.

His lineup is designed to fail a terrible CB partnership, no creative player , out of form or youth players wide, the worst midfielder in the prem in xhaka, a terrible wingback in kolasniac and a world class striker with zero service

If I could have chosen the lineup only four of his choices would have stayed.
Last edited by AkneyGooner on Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.