Sheff Utd (A) PL 21/10 @ 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Sheff Utd (A) PL 21/10 @ 20:00

Post by augie »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:21 pm
Unless ozil is taking a shit in the middle of the pitch in training, how is he less effective than xhaka and willock combined today .

I would like to see what he and Dani can do , with dozer or torreria

Why do people compare/align the ozil situation with the continual selection of xhaka ? Neither c,unt should NEVER EVER be near the team again, so instead of complaining about xhaka starting ahead of ozil, talk about him starting ahead of torreira. For the life of me I cannot understand why people keep bringing up ozil's name - he is a yesterday man (and by yesterday I mean a few seasons ago) and isn't the solution to this mess

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:29 pm
Every game where Dick(head) plays a central midfield three including Xhaka it means we actually have two in midfield because Xhaka may as well not be there. So today against a bunch of northern monkeys we had a central midfield of Doozy and Willock. Fucking brain of Britain Dick(head) thinks that is a good starting formation??? Get it in your thick head Manuel, every team is over-running us in the centre because of YOUR pathetic team selection and tactics. Just give us a decent team......Leno, Bellend, Tierney, Holding and Chambers, Torreira, Doozy, Ceballos, Saka, PEA and LACA
Agreed that would have put in a much better showing.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:34 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:29 pm
Every game where Dick(head) plays a central midfield three including Xhaka it means we actually have two in midfield because Xhaka may as well not be there. So today against a bunch of northern monkeys we had a central midfield of Doozy and Willock. Fucking brain of Britain Dick(head) thinks that is a good starting formation??? Get it in your thick head Manuel, every team is over-running us in the centre because of YOUR pathetic team selection and tactics. Just give us a decent team......Leno, Bellend, Tierney, Holding and Chambers, Torreira, Doozy, Ceballos, Saka, PEA and LACA
Agreed that would have put in a much better showing.
The more I see this season, the more obvious it becomes that Ramsey was papering over huge cracks in the midfield and covering the woeful defending.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

augie wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:31 pm
AkneyGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:21 pm
Unless ozil is taking a shit in the middle of the pitch in training, how is he less effective than xhaka and willock combined today .

I would like to see what he and Dani can do , with dozer or torreria

Why do people compare/align the ozil situation with the continual selection of xhaka ? Neither c,unt should NEVER EVER be near the team again, so instead of complaining about xhaka starting ahead of ozil, talk about him starting ahead of torreira. For the life of me I cannot understand why people keep bringing up ozil's name - he is a yesterday man (and by yesterday I mean a few seasons ago) and isn't the solution to this mess
Good creative midfielder, with one of the best chance created per minute in the game, even in recent times.

But yeah xhaka starting ahead of anyone at this point is hard to understand, he took him off today , and we looked instantly faster.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Disappointed yet not surprised.
I was hoping to see holding and tierney start, as well as lacazette.
Each time xhaka comes off its noticeable how much better we play, why can't the manager see this?

It is fast becoming same shit different manager in the league. Europa league is a different kettle of fish.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:55 pm
Disappointed yet not surprised.
I was hoping to see holding and tierney start, as well as lacazette.
Each time xhaka comes off its noticeable how much better we play, why can't the manager see this?

It is fast becoming same shit different manager in the league. Europa league is a different kettle of fish.
Agreed Nos.

Emery had a full 2 weeks to,prepare for this game and for the first time, had a full squad to choose from .... and what does he do? He picks the same stale, predictable line up he picks for all the league games. And what happens? Exactly the same thing we see away from home every time !

We will probably see a better and more dynamic team on Thursday ... proving that we DO have some good players but not the right manager to manage them all.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Well I think I was the first to compare pepe to gervinho after his second game, well tbf I think I got it wrong, he's nowhere near as good as him.

As for emery, well what can I say apart from he's fuckin shite, I also said this after his first few months in charge, wtf is he doing with selections, he clearly has no idea of what our best team is.

We are so insipid it's fuckin painful to watch, swap xhaka for toreria and you instantly have a guy who can tackle and one who will drive the team on.

Saka is not the answer, we would be better starting ozil, at least we would create chances, we deserved fuck all today and got just that.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Spurs suddosedly in chaos but still only 3 points behind us. Emery is useless but we might still sneak 4th, great!, this feels like the Wenger years all over again - useless manager sneaking 4th place to keep his job, except the football is actually worse. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Oh yeah forgot....... Kroenke OUT :roll:

NickF

Post by NickF »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:40 pm

Good creative midfielder, with one of the best chance created per minute in the game, even in recent times.
Given that ozil has barely started a game in the last few seasons, that isn't much to go on.

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

This season so far

ZERO XHAKA = 5 - NIL WIN

ZERO XHAKA = 4 - NIL WIN

this Thursday, coming to a field near you...in the UEL

ZERO XHAKA = Emphatic Victory, & Flowing football

the Bench is there for you Xhaka....keep Ozil Safe...oh wait...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fucking awful. Was like watching any of a hundred such away games under Wenger over the last decade. Aimless tippy tappy passing, no chances created, no penetration, headless clown-like defending..... just awful. :x :roll:

The point augie people are making about Ozil is valid. He is long past his best but he is still the ONLY truly creative midfielder we have. And last night the thing we were so sorely and so obviously missing was someone with the ability to open up an (at times) 11 man defence with a decent weighted pass. Willock cannot do that. Dozer for all his work cannot do that. Xhakatard is a useless cùnt and can't even think about doing that. Forget this one dimensional media rubbish of "he doesn't run around enough". He doesnt suit Emery's required work rate or the pressing game? What bollocks. We don't have a pressing game and most of our players were strolling around last night. At least Ozil might create something. Until we can replace him with a cheaper and/or better player then he should start, get 60 minutes to create and, then if necessary, get hooked.

More importantly though why no Torreira? Was he injured? How the fuck can Xhakatard start ahead of Torreira? Madness.

We were poor all round but a couple of players were total shit. Boomerang was simply terrible just all over the place with no touch and no idea where and when to run. Willock is a child in a child's body and looks lost as fuck out there. Chambers was utter gash going forward. Loads of effort, loads of running.... whoopy fucking doo... his final ball is practically non existent.

Pepe is a 5 aside player. Lovely close control and some good tricks but ultimately cannot deliver the final product on a full pitch. He is my mate Barry! :oops: :lol: His fucking shameful miss from 6 yards was like a child opting to use his favourite foot ffs. All he had to do was contact the ball with the instep of his right foot and it was in. His final ball and his attempts at goal are abysmal.

Make no mistake that blades side are proper shit and will be relegated in May and we were well out fought and at times out played by them. Abysmal.

Emery starting pepe and Xhakatard instead of Ozil and particularly Torreira is making a serious rod for his own back.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Our wins this season in the league:
Newcastle - 1-0
Burnley - 2-1
A. Villa - 3-2
B' mouth - 1-0

All piss poor performances and games we could easily have dropped points in(similar to last season). Add into the mix pissing away a 2 goal lead at Watford and needing to come from 2-0 down v Spurs and 1-0 down v United - (two teams in freefall) and the writing is on the wall with this manager.

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

Emery doesnt know what he's doing and some of these players are smoking the bong. Need more hidden cameras.

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

Emery doesnt know what he's doing and some of these players are smoking the bong. Need more hidden cameras.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:59 pm
Fail to mark a man on a corner who is inside the 6 yard box and on Lenos case ,amateur's.
1-0 down on 56 mins and play keepball in our own penalty b4 giving straight back to them ,baffling !
Inviting them down the wings when Kolasinac cant defend or attack ,plain dumb.
Persisting with Pepe and Xhaka for so long in a game ,mindboggling .
This Head Coach simply hasn't a clue what he's doing ,he should leave ,he is adding nothing but pain !
Martinelli did more in a few mins than pepe has done all season !
At this rate we will struggle to get 6th !
absolutely agree...makes me laugh one poster on here stated "Emery has sorted the defence"

That goal was ridiculous, The sheffield guy was standing right in front of Leno, no-one marking him....pub football...nothing be done in training, this is fucking basics....they will keep conceding until they organise the defence

They looked to be zonal marking....joke goal...and they fucking deserved to conceed for that...
Last edited by Redarmy on Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.