Palace (H) 27/10 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Palace (H) 27/10 @ 16:30

Post by OneBardGooner »

Granit Xhaka: Arsenal captain should apologise for reaction, says Unai Emery

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50225445

Arsenal manager Unai Emery says Granit Xhaka should apologise after he was involved in an angry confrontation with home fans during Sunday's 2-2 draw with Crystal Palace.

The Gunners captain was booed while he walked off the pitch at Emirates Stadium, prompting him to cup his ear.

Emery said: "Yes [he should apologise]. We make mistakes, we need to apologise and we suggested for him to do that.

"Really, he knows he was wrong and he feels inside very deep."

It is not the first time Xhaka has been booed by his own fans this season, with Emery publicly defending the Switzerland midfielder after a game against Aston Villa last month.

That uneasy relationship with the Gunners fans did not stop Emery appointing Xhaka as club captain in September after the summer departure of Laurent Koscielny.

However, Emery has refused to confirm whether Xhaka will remain captain after Sunday's incident.

"At the moment I am not speaking and I don't want to think about that," the Spaniard added.

"It is not easy for him and for the team. We spoke yesterday, and Sunday night also, and this morning.

"He trained normally with the group but he is devastated and sad about the situation."

Xhaka is not in Arsenal's squad for Wednesday's clash with Liverpool, however Emery suggested that was always going to be the case as he makes changes for the game.

I don't give a flying fuckk if he apologies or not. It is way too late for apologies (genuine apologies that is)

Had he apologised within an hour or so of the end of the game...then he might have got away with his behaviour, but he obviously doesn't think or feel 'sorry' or he would have without emery or any of the players suggesting to him or advising him that he should.

Any apology now will reek of desperation on his and the clubs behalf, so he can shove up his hole the cuntbag.

:cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

wibble

Post by wibble »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:28 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:56 am
From BBC Website:

Arsenal captain Granit Xhaka, 27, was visited at home by three senior players after his angry reaction to being booed by Gunners' supporters as he was substituted in the home draw with Crystal Palace. (The Athletic - subscription required)

They should have given the *word censored* a good kicking ensuring he can't return...Everrrrr!

Switzerland midfielder Xhaka is set for a meeting with his club in the next few days to discuss what happened at Emirates Stadium on Sunday. (Sky Sports)

Tea & Scones with dick probably :roll: :?

Gunners striker Alexandre Lacazette has 'liked' an Instagram post making a forceful remark to Xhaka and calling for manager Unai Emery to be sacked. (London Evening Standard)

Yaaaaaaaaaaay! Laca! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

I do not see a way back for him. had he apologized on bended groveling knees immediately - as much as I would not have accepted it - That would have provided him with a 'way back', but should he apologise now - It would mean he was apologizing to ensure he is allowed to see out the remainder of his £95k a week contract and NOT because he wanted to apologise.

As a footballer he is Shyte

As a person he has NO Humility or Honesty in him.

Give him 40 lashes...keelhaul the fuckka and then feed him to the sharks (medja). End Of.
I don't think the strikers like him, they must get impatient with him slowing everything down.
I doubt the defenders think much of him either!

Torreira’s tears were probably him realising that even after this reaction, Xhaka will still be starting ahead of him

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Emery's press conference.... cringeworthy :?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIMExkwMAP0