Palace (H) 27/10 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Palace (H) 27/10 @ 16:30

Post by augie »

clummo123 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:49 am
If there's even an ounce of truth in this then another precious snowflake that can do one imo. :roll:

281148204UPfW5ez.png

I am stunned by this, and not a little bit disgusted by it too - this is what I would have classed as a warrior player breaking down crying over a team-mate being booed ?? Do me a fcuking favour. If that is torreira's "pain threshold" then he too can fcuk off :roll: :oops: :oops:

Hate to listen to that scouse average joe (Stephen warnock) slate Gooners on ssn this morning cos he claims that it sends a negative message to players who will now be worried about being targeted themselves next :roll: If anything the players should learn that they will be held accountable by the fans and we are no longer gonna provide a life of luxury with little or nothing in return. Warnock also claims that potential new signings will look at our treatment of xhaka and might not want to join us as a result - yeah cos players have been known for ignoring massive wage offers cos of things like this :roll: :censored:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:39 am
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:16 am
at least Mark Clattenberg can see what happened...FFS is was an obvious dive

Referee Martin Atkinson was right to book the Palace man for simulation. He was in a perfect position to make the call, too. Calum Chambers' leg was planted and Zaha threw himself to the ground. Atkinson spotted his ploy and produced a yellow card.

Fucking Zaha cheated and yes hes good at it......still a *word censored*

As for sokratis winner, absolutely nothing wrong with it....who can explain why is not allowed???
Whilst Zaha made a meal out of it, it was a cast iron penalty for Palace. We were 20 yards away in the North Lower, and every Gooner to a man said it was a pen real time. When Atkinson gave us a free-kick and booked Zaha it was just met with howls of laughter. OFC, VAR was always going to award a pen unless its a penalty to Arsenal it would seem. VAR doesn't even itself out over a season like poor refereeing decisions it would appear.

VAR has now cost us 7 points from my reckoning by dodgy decisions.

What I don't get is how 10,000 Gooners could see it was a clear pen, how couldn't Atkinson?
fair enough. thats your opinion ..i believe it was not a penalty thats my opinion

Clash

Post by Clash »

Anyone who sang Ozil's name yesterday should hang their head in shame!

I dont care what the reason was. If you want Emery out then sing that instead! Not some misguided show of support for a prick like Ozil :banghead:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

clummo123 wrote:
If there's even an ounce of truth in this then another precious snowflake that can do one imo. :roll:

281148204UPfW5ez.png

Would someone please mind explaining what this link is all about.

For some reason, on both my iphone and my pc, there's a message beneath the link, telling me that I don't have permission to see it, so I can't open it.

From Augie's response, it seems to be that Torreira is criticising the fans for getting at Xhaka....correct ??

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Retro the Club photographer posted a pic on twitter showing Torreira crying on the touch line following the abuse Xhaka took walking off.

Fuck me :banghead:

Clash

Post by Clash »

I am not convinced Torreira was crying. There is no evidence to suggest that was to do with the Xhaka incident either.

The finger in the eye could have been before it or much later after it and its not always a tear you are wiping away. I trust very little I do not see with my own eyes these days (and I don't trust all of what I do see either :D ).

Also, if it is true, what is the photographer trying to achieve? More drama? Some attention for himself? Maybe that photographer is trying to create a story. Sounds like a bit of a prick to me! :roll:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:03 pm
Retro the Club photographer posted a pic on twitter showing Torreira crying on the touch line following the abuse Xhaka took walking off.

Thanks Rodders.....if this is true, it just gets fucking worse ! :roll: :banghead:

Just looked it up on the internet and I hope Clash is right and it's bullshit from the photographer....I had the same inkling. Mind you, I doubt it would surprise many of us if it were true. Symptomatic of the weak nature of our creche.

For what it's worth, I have never booed or jeered an individual Arsenal player, because as crap as he might be (and everyone knows what I think of Xhaka), it isn't the player's fault that he gets picked. That responsibility lies firmly with the manager and in the current case, it's Dick that deserves the opprobrium for persisting with as big an incompetent as I've ever seen in an Arsenal shirt.

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:42 pm
clummo123 wrote:

281148204UPfW5ez.png

Would someone please mind explaining what this link is all about.

For some reason, on both my iphone and my pc, there's a message beneath the link, telling me that I don't have permission to see it, so I can't open it.

From Augie's response, it seems to be that Torreira is criticising the fans for getting at Xhaka....correct ??
Yeah sorry, I uploaded with my phone and it didn't go as well as expected. :oops: :lol:

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

Clash wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:22 pm
I am not convinced Torreira was crying. There is no evidence to suggest that was to do with the Xhaka incident either.

The finger in the eye could have been before it or much later after it and its not always a tear you are wiping away. I trust very little I do not see with my own eyes these days (and I don't trust all of what I do see either :D ).

Also, if it is true, what is the photographer trying to achieve? More drama? Some attention for himself? Maybe that photographer is trying to create a story. Sounds like a bit of a prick to me! :roll:
That's why I said if there's any truth to it.

I wouldn't put it past the club to get McFarlane to tweet that as some kind counter move.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:41 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Thanks Rodders.....if this is true, it just gets fucking worse ! :roll: :banghead:

Just looked it up on the internet and I hope Clash is right and it's bullshit from the photographer....I had the same inkling. Mind you, I doubt it would surprise many of us if it were true. Symptomatic of the weak nature of our creche.

For what it's worth, I have never booed or jeered an individual Arsenal player, because as crap as he might be (and everyone knows what I think of Xhaka), it isn't the player's fault that he gets picked. That responsibility lies firmly with the manager and in the current case, it's Dick that deserves the opprobrium for persisting with as big an incompetent as I've ever seen in an Arsenal shirt.
Have to say it also wouldnt surprise me either with a fair few of our players Retro ... but it does if its Torreira as, like Augie said earlier, I had him down as a warrior type.

Totally agree with you about the Xhaka, the booing thing and how Emery is to blame for it too for keep selecting him. I shouted at Xhaka to get off the pitch but it was only because he was walking. I didnt boo him but I dont blame those who did because its an emotional game. What I cannot understand is some of those who booed him then sung Ozil's name :roll:

Clash

Post by Clash »

clummo123 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:47 pm
Clash wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:22 pm

That's why I said if there's any truth to it.

I wouldn't put it past the club to get McFarlane to tweet that as some kind counter move.
Fair enough mate. No problem with you posting it.

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

I get your point. There's no provenance offered on those pics. May not even be from last night's game!

augie

Post by augie »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:41 pm
rodders999 wrote:

I was at the eboue game against wigan and I have to admit that I didn't boo either - I felt sorry for the guy cos he was brought on to play on the left wing when he was 100% right footed and everything he tried went wrong that day :( However, make no mistake, I would have booed yesterday had I been there - people seem to forget that yesterday's incident didnt start off as booing, but when he reacted to the jeers all bets were off and he got what he deserved. I'm not saying any player should be happy when his own fans cheer when he is subbed, but if that is the worst that happens in a players career, then I would think that the massive wages would more than make it worthwhile.

My eldest lads first appearance at an AFC game was that game where eboue was booed - he was only 5 years old at the time and couldn't understand why our fans were booing one of their own players :lol: :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Very fair points from Clash and Augie. I’ve never booed a player for being crap (I was at the Eboué game Augie and remember screaming at Wenger to get him off....but screaming at Wenger was great therapy full stop :-P ), but I would holler at a player who was arrogantly taking his time to leave the pitch and once he reacts to the crowd, it’s open season.

As for Torreira, I sincerely hope the Club aren’t concocting this story to gain sympathy for Xhaka. Surely Torreira wouldn’t agree to that, would he ?? Makes him look like a right pansy !

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

UE is to blame for having Xhaka in the pitch in the first place, as well as his decision to make him captain. We all know how Granit is and albeit doing his usual shit job at CDM, he wasn't the worst of the lot yesterday. The ironic cheers for the substitution was towards UE, it felt like. Granit reacted in a very unprofessional and not-Captain like manner by first throwing the club captain armband and then decided to walk off the pitch to make the fans even more upset. He did it on purpose because he reacted at the cheers. Only after he started to stroll of the pitch* that we started to shouting/abusing him. Fine, not what fans should do but neither should the club captain throw armbands and then walk off like we are winning 5-0.

*Brings me back to saying.. Ozil has been severely punished for his behaviour against Chelsea at the EL Cup Final, which ultimately saw him drop out from the squad and stay out of it. The manager didn't like it so he took actions without explaining to the fans why he did what he did. Unai said he will speak about this internally; I want to exactly know what will happen to his favourite player as he acted, probably worse than Ozil did in Baku. This is might be the ultimate evidence that the problem all along wasn't Ozil but UE.

He might give in from pressure and the hot seat he is sitting on and drop Granit for the L'pool and Wolves game. Personally, I don't want to see Xhaka walk out again with an armband, but would prefer if he gets the Ozil treatment too because surely if UE is punishing Ozil for erratic attitude, Xhaka should get the same.

2 games, 2 points which were easily 6 that we all expected. One week of shit and we are back where we deserve, outside T4 when we could've been T3.