Palace (H) 27/10 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SPARKSY

Re: Palace (H) 27/10 @ 16:30

Post by SPARKSY »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:58 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:07 am
Have a weird feeling we'll destroy them. Fuck knows how. :shock:
Oddly enough I have the complete opposite feeling..1-3...They for two up before HT, We get one back in second half but leave ourselves exposed and they get a third.. When I say "we leave ourselves exposed " , I actually mean we play our normal game..
Agree, have a feeling we'll get done here. Also have a feeling Emery's days are numbered. Maybe by the New Year?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SPARKSY wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:14 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Oddly enough I have the complete opposite feeling..1-3...They for two up before HT, We get one back in second half but leave ourselves exposed and they get a third.. When I say "we leave ourselves exposed " , I actually mean we play our normal game..
Agree, have a feeling we'll get done here. Also have a feeling Emery's days are numbered. Maybe by the New Year?

Kroenke will not sack him

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Equally very possible.

General

Post by General »

SPARKSY wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Emery is not getting the sack with 7months of football left. Please get real.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Fuck knows :?

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

General wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:17 am
SPARKSY wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Think he is going to give it a real shot at proving you wrong.And he doesn't have the English to deflect and distract when pressure is really on.Signs of players downing tools already, lack of discipline, no centre back, disorganisation at set pieces and when teams break.Fans turning and pundits calling him out.He could go if results don't improve by January.The form line since April collapse is pretty poor.No way this set up can put together a run of results.
If Spurs recover some form as tomorrow might confirm,Utd improve, and Chelsea and Leicester continue as they are, Emery will be the story.

2-2, Zaha not great but will do enough to confirm he was the better buy.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

General wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Times have changed at the club. We're not on Wenger time anymore.
If we are not doing well around xmas and the top 4 is looking very shaky, i would expect the change.
The club have spent this summer and expect top 4, nothing else.
Can you honestly say the players look happy with the way we play or look happy with Emery even?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SPARKSY wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:00 am
General wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Times have changed at the club. We're not on Wenger time anymore.
If we are not doing well around xmas and the top 4 is looking very shaky, i would expect the change.
The club have spent this summer and expect top 4, nothing else.
Can you honestly say the players look happy with the way we play or look happy with Emery even?

We're not on wenker time anymore but that doesn't mean that things have necessarily changed that much. The potential problem has to be that Sanllehi was involved in the appointment of Emery so might be a bit reluctant to admit that he and everybody else involved in Dick's appointment got it wrong.

I don't feel that we owe dick anything so have no issue if he is shown the door but what I do expect is an appointment that makes sense and which fits into a plan for how we go forward. I think that we can get away with one early departure as long as we get the replacement right. If not we'll end up looking like manure. Mind you all of that is irrelevant if there isn't a bit of cash available to made a couple of purchases too.

General

Post by General »

oaodan wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:58 am
General wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Think he is going to give it a real shot at proving you wrong.And he doesn't have the English to deflect and distract when pressure is really on.Signs of players downing tools already, lack of discipline, no centre back, disorganisation at set pieces and when teams break.Fans turning and pundits calling him out.He could go if results don't improve by January.The form line since April collapse is pretty poor.No way this set up can put together a run of results.
If Spurs recover some form as tomorrow might confirm,Utd improve, and Chelsea and Leicester continue as they are, Emery will be the story.

2-2, Zaha not great but will do enough to confirm he was the better buy.
I’ve seen nothing to suggest that the players have downed tools. We have a fanbase full of idiots who think they can do a better job than Emery. Anyone hoping we lose this game because they want Emery out is not Arsenal. It’s also ironic that the accounts who enabled Wenger for years are suddenly screaming Emery out after 18months.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I think we beat Bournemouth 5-1 last season and that was the one and only time during Emery’s reign we gave anyone a rinming in the league so to think we’ll rock up tomorrow and do it to Palace is fanciful.

Their record on the road is very decent and they defiantly won’t fear turning up at Disjointed FC tomorrow.

Would bite your hand off for the 3 points now even if it came from a sloppy OG.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

We are disorganised, flat-footed and down right lethargic 95% of the time, Emery has done nothing in 16 months that has significantly improved us from where Wenger left us even though he arguably has a stronger squad.

Palace could seriously do us over with the attitude we're showing at the moment, reluctantly think it will be 1-2 but really hope I'm wrong :rubchin:

General

Post by General »

We are a work in progress. People are seriously underestimating the challenges of clearing up the mess that built up over a decade under Wonga. Emery is not just lumbered with the task of making this team competitive, he has to modernise the entire coaching culture, integrate new players as well as embed those returning from injury. The services of some of these players he was denied for over half a season through major injuries. Those calling for Tierney to start might want to brood over the fact that he was down with cramp on Thursday in game that was no where near PL intensity. He’s played 2x90mins of football in 6months.

We lost momentum towards the end of last season through injuries, suspensions and a punishing fixture schedule. By the time we got to the final, we were playing a makeshift right back, A declining left back, Ramsey had pulled his hamstring, Mkhitaryan couldn’t travel, and the squad was on its last legs. Ozil also decided not to turn up and in the end it was Chelsea’s superior dynamism rather than quality that won the day.

If you were to evaluate the structure of this squad objectively you will see that even though we have a great attack, the midfield is quite defective and possibly one of the weakest in the top 6. This is not Emery’s fault. He’s forced to play Xhaka because there are no viable alternatives, although I think the decision to hand him the captaincy was shortsighted. Ceballos is lightweight, Torreira is fatigued and the rest need more experience. I’d imagine the midfield would be priority in January if not the summer because it’s undermining the team’s balance.

Emery’s remit is vastly different from Wenger’s. He is simply a coach who has been set a clear target to finish top 4. With 7months of the season left, the calls to sack him are premature and rather naive. This club is not going to throw £10-15m down the drain shifting Emery and his support staff with barely a third of the season gone. Look in our books, we don’t have that kind of money to spare. I fully expect him to be here until the end of the season. So save your emotion and get behind the team.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Same result as last year I'm afraid. Hope not. Top four dream on. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

We havent played well in a single league game so far this season. Its about time we did . I hope we do and turn things around by learning our lessons but years of wengerball and wengerland have shown me that leopards do not change their spots.
I already think Emry should go enf season, but my son has talked me round. His argument is that a club with a winning mentality would ditch Emry NOW and work on his long term successor later but put Freddy in charge in between. Ive been leaning to wait n see but hes convinced me I'm just old and conservative.
One things certain the Ozil situation isnt helping .

Blim

Post by Blim »

If Emery fooks this up we will end up by palace being above us. :(