Chambers in midfield ??

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ray C

Chambers in midfield ??

Post by Ray C »

With Xaka imploding last game it may be time to relieve him of the captaincy + his place in midfield. As a replacement how about Cambers. He did a good job while he was with Fulham in midfield last year, he's in good form & that would allow Bellend a chance to return as right full back ??. Your thoughts ??. :barscarf: :barscarf:

northbank123

Re: Chambers in midfield ??

Post by northbank123 »

Played there as a youngster before moving to RB to get more first team opportunities.

Not the answer to any sensible AFC question.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Chambers is poor and nowhere near good enough for a 'top 6' team. He'll be somewhere like Everton in a years time.

augie

Post by augie »

Torreira should have been an automatic first choice in the position long before this, so if he doesn't get back in now he will be packing his bags by the weekend

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

augie wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:50 am
Torreira should have been an automatic first choice in the position long before this, so if he doesn't get back in now he will be packing his bags by the weekend
El bomholes next couple of selections will tell us a lot augie

augie

Post by augie »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:54 am
augie wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:50 am
El bomholes next couple of selections will tell us a lot augie

100% agree - for some unknown bizarre incomprehensible reason, emery seems to have given up on the notion of playing him as a CDM, and seems to have him penciled in as an attacking midfielder :? For me it is every bit as ridiculous a decision, as that which see's xhaka line up week in week out. I surmised on here lately if both decisions were interlinked, and while that might exhibit some train of thought in emery's head, it is still a totally unacceptable and ridiculous move imo

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:09 am
Chambers is poor and nowhere near good enough for a 'top 6' team. He'll be somewhere like Everton in a years time.
Or back at Fulham?
How low do we set our sights nowadays?
We are a shambles.
Stuttering from one calamity to another

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Have to wonder whether Dick is pig headed enough to leave Torreira out just because he didn't want him in the first place. Is he trying to make a point that Torreira isn't upto the job and the bosses should have signed Nzozi instead who he did want. I'd like to think there is more to it than that but given our wealth of defensive midfielder options I can't quite see what else the problem could be.

Chambers in midfield - god no :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Chambers is not good enough technically to play in the middle ffs. Why not play Mustafalaugh as a Number 10 while we are at it. :lol: :roll:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Anyone old enough to remember the Chris Whyte experiment at centre forward? Arsenal were a bit tight with money back in that 1981/82 era..

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:30 pm
Anyone old enough to remember the Chris Whyte experiment at centre forward? Arsenal were a bit tight with money back in that 1981/82 era..
Ah the happy days of Terry Neil. Remember it well. :lol:

There was also Paul Mariner at centre half.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Torreira is the best option there, but has gone backwards since his excellent form of the first few months.

When I watch him I can’t help but to feel that the bloke just isn’t as fit or as sharp as he could be or as he needs to be.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

clummo123 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:04 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:30 pm
Ah the happy days of Terry Neil. Remember it well. :lol:

There was also Paul Mariner at centre half.
Chris was joined or maybe replaced by Raphael Meade up front ..He once scored five goals in two games for Arsenal..Hattrick against Watford in the first game after Neill's sacking and two at the Swamp on boxing day 1983.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Sorry, but I don't really think Chambers is good enough to play in any position for us. Sadly, he's not on his own in our current squad.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:58 am
Torreira is the best option there, but has gone backwards since his excellent form of the first few months.

When I watch him I can’t help but to feel that the bloke just isn’t as fit or as sharp as he could be or as he needs to be.

It truly is a mystery how and why torreira seems to have dropped down the pecking order for the team, and no longer seems to be viewed as a CDM :? He is another big reason why I want emery gone asap - I am still holding out a tiny bit of hope that a new manager will recognise his worth and return him to the team in his proper position, cos he is one of the few players I really do not want to lose