Bring back Mr Arsenal (TA6)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Bring back Mr Arsenal (TA6)

Post by Nos89 »

The time is right for the Kroenkes to bring back Mr Arsenal, Tony Adams in as a director of the club, in the position Ken Friar used to operate. He may not be the best manager but he has shown qualities at board room level. Look at Granada now. It has been cited that their progression stemed from Adams' time at the club. Putting in a structure and processes to get the club moving forward. As a coach he couldn't save them from relegation although they were pretty much down when he took over.
Can you imagine what would have happened in that dressing room on Sunday if Adams walked in as a director of the club?
Given he's also currently holding the position of chief executive of Rugby League is a good indicator that he has got the nous and operational skills to work at that level. The club needs its identity back in the board room and who better to bring it in. He'll certainly show the current and future Arsenal managers, captains, players exactly what it means to play and be employed by The Arsenal. Adams bridged the time from Graham to Wenger as club captain. We know his story. Like Charlton at Man Utd, Dalglish at Liverpool, Arsenal need Adams back at the club, in the board room, setting the standards of Arsenal's true identity. Even the Kroenke's will understand that about a sports business.
Last edited by Nos89 on Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

augie

Re: Bring back Mr Arsenal

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:25 pm
The time is right for the Kroenkes to bring back Mr Arsenal, Tony Adams in as a director of the club, in the position Ken Friar used to operate. He may not be the best manager but he has shown qualities at board room level. Look at Granada now. It has been cited that their progression stemed from Adams' time at the club. Putting in a structure and processes to get the club moving forward. As a coach he couldn't save them from relegation although they were pretty much down when he took over.
Can you imagine what would have happened in that dressing room on Sunday if Adams walked in as a director of the club?
Given he's also currently holding the position of chief executive of Rugby League is a good indicator that he has got the nous and operational skills to work at that level. The club needs its identity back in the board room and who better to bring it in. He'll certainly show the current and future Arsenal managers, captains, players exactly what it means to play and be employed by The Arsenal. Adams bridged the time from Graham to Wenger as club captain. We know his story. Like Charlton at Man Utd, Dalglish at Liverpool, Arsenal need Adams back at the club, in the board room, setting the standards of Arsenal's true identity. Even the Kroenke's will understand that about a sports business.

I like your thinking I really do, cos TA6 is one of a very small number of Gooners that can never do any wrong in my eyes, but this simply will never happen, and even if it did it wouldn't last cos he would be merely a cosmetic figure and he wouldn't accept that.

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Saw this thread and thought it was a call to get Wenger reinstated :shock:

Clash

Post by Clash »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:30 pm
:lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

CloakedGooner wrote:
:lol: :lol: :barscarf:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:25 pm
He'll certainly show the current and future Arsenal managers, captains, players exactly what it means to play and be employed by The Arsenal.
All very noble but it won't actually make them better players. Jenkinson probably knew all this but in the end it doesn't make up for lack of talent.

Nos89

Re: Bring back Mr Arsenal (TA6)

Post by Nos89 »

Bloody typical of this board they want to bring in the wrong "Mr Arsenal" into the board room. He may well be holder of record appearances for the club but David O'Leary is not the man to be the figurehead of the identity of Arsenal Football Club. Like Sanelli I oppose this move.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

CloakedGooner wrote:
AKB :cussing: :wink:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:34 am
Bloody typical of this board they want to bring in the wrong "Mr Arsenal" into the board room. He may well be holder of record appearances for the club but David O'Leary is not the man to be the figurehead of the identity of Arsenal Football Club. Like Sanelli I oppose this move.
Agree 100% Nos!

Tony Adams has bit of a crazy side to him but I actually like that and I love listening to him talk about football, even if I don't agree with everything he says. His passion for the club plus his experience and knowledge could and should have been being used somehow.

In contrast I've never been impressed by O'Leary, or convinced of his sincerity, whenever I've heard him speak. I do not see what he can bring. For a start he is from the same mould as Quinn and Beglin when it comes to failing to realise that talking forever is not always a good thing. Imagine what a timewasting bore he would be at meetings :yawn:

O’Leary is also a shameless self-promoter but does it in a self-effacing way - an expert in false humility. Remember all that crap he used to spout about being an inexperienced manager who was just learning his way and constantly referring to his players as ‘’my babies'' when he was Leeds manager :roll:

And we all know what the phrase ''doing a Leeds'' means. However much O'Leary tried to turn on the charm to distance himself from any responsibility of what happened there, it was his mismanagement and reckless spending along with that of Risdale, that wasted a talented crop of youngsters and sent Leeds into downward spiral they'll never fully recover from.

Aside from being an absolute :censored: towards us when he was Leeds manager (as discussed on another thread recently), I wouldn’t want anyone associated with that mess working at Arsenal. We've got enough problems already without David O’ fucking Leary ingratiating his way into the boardroom under the pretence of restoring our identity.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

As I said on another thread O'Leary can go fuck himself. He threw away any Arsenal identity he had that day at dirty Leeds. :censored:

Would like to see Big Tone back as a defensive coach but I don't think it will happen. Can you imagine today's snowflake generation being asked to put their bodies in where it hurts? We'd have industrial relations bods, lawyers, psychologists and counselors all over the club trying to help the poor little lambs ffs. :oops: :roll:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:19 am
As I said on another thread O'Leary can go fuck himself. He threw away any Arsenal identity he had that day at dirty Leeds. :censored:

Would like to see Big Tone back as a defensive coach but I don't think it will happen. Can you imagine today's snowflake generation being asked to put their bodies in where it hurts? We'd have industrial relations bods, lawyers, psychologists and counselors all over the club trying to help the poor little lambs ffs. :oops: :roll:
Oh i don't know DB, there would be plenty of empty 'Safe Spaces' for them to use in the stands :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:38 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:19 am

Oh i don't know DB, there would be plenty of empty 'Safe Spaces' for them to use in the stands :rubchin:
:lol: :lol: