Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I refuse to accept that West Ham's poor form is simply down to them 'being shit.' The amount of money they have spent should see them doing better than they are. Pellegrini's lack of defensive neuance isn't what we need.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Hipster option I know but how about a punt on Marcelo Gallardo? He's winning everything there is to win at River Plate and Barcelona seemed to have eyed him as their next manager after Valverde.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I’d still prefer a Freddie caretaker roll until the end of the season, unless of course Allegri could be appointed.
If it’s not to be Allegri, then it’s PV for me, and if we can’t have him, then maybe we should do the unthinkable and go for Arteta?
All we ask is that we see progress with a style of play that gives us hope, we know we probably can’t win the league given our current spending! but fuck me! we are going backwards at a rate of knots even I cant believe!

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:29 pm
I’d still prefer a Freddie caretaker roll until the end of the season, unless of course Allegri could be appointed.
If it’s not to be Allegri, then it’s PV for me, and if we can’t have him, then maybe we should do the unthinkable and go for Arteta?
All we ask is that we see progress with a style of play that gives us hope, we know we probably can’t win the league given our current spending! but fuck me! we are going backwards at a rate of knots even I cant believe!

I really, really do not want arteta as our next manager - when you look at citeeh's defensive performances, you tell me how confident you would feel having one of the coaches responsible for that, to be the man that is tasked with making us a resilient team again ?
Arteta is another idieologist who would prioritise silky sexy football, over the type of defensive solidity that this team desperately needs - we need a pragmatist who will come in and organise the players and light a fire under them, and arteta aint that guy.
Have to say that even though I want emery out NOW, I still don't think much of our problems will disappear with him - I suspect that we have a group of players that have a few bad apples in there, and that they will continue to be disruptive until they are turfed out

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:50 pm
goonersid wrote:

I really, really do not want arteta as our next manager - when you look at citeeh's defensive performances, you tell me how confident you would feel having one of the coaches responsible for that, to be the man that is tasked with making us a resilient team again ?
Arteta is another idieologist who would prioritise silky sexy football, over the type of defensive solidity that this team desperately needs - we need a pragmatist who will come in and organise the players and light a fire under them, and arteta aint that guy.
Have to say that even though I want emery out NOW, I still don't think much of our problems will disappear with him - I suspect that we have a group of players that have a few bad apples in there, and that they will continue to be disruptive until they are turfed out
You might be right about Arteta, however he seems to be knowledgeable and a “football man” still though not my first choice, but I would have him over Rogers and Howe etc.
On the bad apples, I’m not so sure, I think what we have are players who recognise an incompetent manager when they see one!
When Emery came in and the “new manager” syndrome was evident, there seemed to be a great team spirit in the squad, it was there again in the NLD this season? When driven by the fans and despite Emery’s cluelessness, they pulled out a fantastic second half performance!
So I do feel the right man could do a lot with this squad!
Who that might be Augie? We can only speculate!

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

What's Terry Neill doing these days? :lol:

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

goonersid wrote:
We wont get Allegri because he wont work with an owner like Kroenke.What has PV4 ever done in management? Arteta and Lungberg are no go's. So its Rodgers for me. He has Prem experience and he speaks English

Clash

Post by Clash »

goonersid wrote:
Freddie? Based on what? Because he was popular as a player? Or the immediate impact he’s had as a no.2 ? If he is having no influence on what is going on then I fail to see the point in having a no.2.

Freddie is part of all this don’t forget. He’s on the bench during matches, he is a voice in the dressing room and he is on the training ground everyday.

We were better last season with the much maligned Steve Bould. At least last season we had the 22 game unbeaten (albeit riding our luck at times) and 12 successive home wins in all competitions to be positive about. This season there has not been one good performance.

Not saying Freddie is to blame for us getting worse but i see no reason why he should be the one to replace Emery either.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

One bookmaker has cut Nuno Santo from 25/1 to 3/1 to become the next Arsenal manager.
I'd be pretty happy with him Tbf.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Nuno Espirito Santo now 5/2 odds on favourite to replace Unai Emery as manager of Arsenal. Come in from 50/1 to bang on favourite. Arteta 3/1 - Benetiz 4/1- Allegri & Pochettino 6/1 & Freddie at 8/1. Thoughts?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:19 pm
Nuno Espirito Santo now 5/2 odds on favourite to replace Unai Emery as manager of Arsenal. Come in from 50/1 to bang on favourite. Arteta 3/1 - Benetiz 4/1- Allegri & Pochettino 6/1 & Freddie at 8/1. Thoughts?
Bored stupid of the whole debacle already tbh :?

I have a nasty suspicion that the next guy is only going to highlight what a mess of a defence and midfield we really have.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Next permanent Arsenal manager odds:

Nuno Espírito Santo 5/2
Mikel Arteta 3/1
Rafa Benitez 4/1
Massimiliano Allegri 6/1
Mauricio Pochettino 6/1
Freddie Ljungberg 8/1

[SkyBet] #afc https://t.co/9IGdVLzrAt

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

We just need someone who can organize the team and make the back four defend as a unit.

So one of the top championship managers.

Anyone who comes in, cant set up the team to get done every time we lose possession on the wing.

Thats our main failing.

Plus they have to hit the ground running and so be English or currently managing here with a good grasp of the language.

Just make us hard to beat. Thats all im asking for.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Can't help but think that Nuno is the man for the job. He's big mates with Jorge Mendes (was his first client) so if he can't get Pepe playing then he might be able to have a word with Jorge to offload him. Also as a GK himself he must understand the need to have a strong back four in front of him. He comes across pretty well in interviews but I'd like to know why didn't he settle at either Valencia or Porto.

I see Brenda isn't in the list so his ruling himself out has been taken seriously. You know that things are on the down when you've been turned down by Vardy and then Brenda doesn't fancy it either.

See Stevie G is 12/1 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

BREAKING: Transfer Window Podcast: Reps of Allegri have been contacted by Arsenal. Max is currently in London learning English (daughter lives there).

Emergency Board room meeting scheduled for 48 hours to discuss

Duncan Castles : Max has been using sabbatical to learn English in England. His focus is on winning things and going to a winning club. He wants to win the CL at his next club. Arsenal will find it difficult to sell the project to Allegri as he wants to compete on grand stage