Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

Natural Born Gooner

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Need to be all over Ancellotti now that he's free!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The club’s decision makers are understood to be keeping an open mind as to who they will recommend to replace Emery. Sportsmail understands the Kroenkes see value in handing the job to someone who has played for the club, which would strengthen Arteta & Vieira’s cases. #Arsenal https://t.co/7TVHzqSqm9

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

3 European Cups plus league titles, should be a no brainer for the morons that own & run our once proud football club. :barscarf:

Get him now, before someone else does! :banghead:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50737095

Come on Arsenal, get on the case tonight! :box:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

If he ends up at Everton, and we end up with some Spanish run of the mill coach we are seriously fucked.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Hasn’t done well at Napoli or Bayern , is he a spent force , younger coaches overtaken him ? I’m not convinced

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:43 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:29 pm
This search for a replacement manager reminds me of OGL telling us he was working night and day to bring in super duper quality and we ended up with the likes of Mustafi and Xhaka....... :wink:

I thought we'd be done with this sort of horseshit when OGL and the lizard left, it seems that our stay away owner might have infected the place more than we thought :rubchin:
Maybe more than you thought Muzz old mate. :wink:

I always said Wenger was the symptom of a wider disease at Arsenal. That disease being the owners and board. A proper football minded ambitious owner would have shitcanned Wenger 10 years ago. We still have the disease. :|
To be honest i wasn't talking about myself, i just generalise so as not to say i told you so, go way way back into the Wenger out thread and the protest thread and you'll see i always said no point getting rid of Wenger without getting shot of Wiggy.... but the point was that i'm leaning towards Wenger being more of a yes man than was intimated by people on here and much less in control than was thought and that Wiggy was calling more of the shots than people think.

People were so focussed on OGL being a odious ignorant disrespectful prick that they couldn't see beyond that to Wiggy having more of an eye on things than most thought, this made it easy to scapegoat dickhead Wenger when a lot of what he said was bullshit and bluster..... 'if they give me a £100M i'll hand it back' yeah right cock end, you were never getting it so it was a smoke and mirrors statement, you were giving yourself the illusion of control when Wiggy had his fist up your arse like a puppet master :cussing:

When you see how tight a control he keeps on his American franchises it always didn't ring true that he ignored this one, the way the new people like Sanhelli and Edu are reported as having to run everything by Josh and Stan, makes me think they are little more than figurehead appointments who need a full on Kroenke stamp of approval before anything is decided and that in many ways Wenger was only ever a useful idiot, deluded in his own mind, a complete narcissist stupid enough to be believe his own bullshit and an illusion sustained by other useful idiots like John Cross, Keown and all the other OGL sycophants.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:34 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:43 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:29 pm
This search for a replacement manager reminds me of OGL telling us he was working night and day to bring in super duper quality and we ended up with the likes of Mustafi and Xhaka....... :wink:

I thought we'd be done with this sort of horseshit when OGL and the lizard left, it seems that our stay away owner might have infected the place more than we thought :rubchin:
Maybe more than you thought Muzz old mate. :wink:

I always said Wenger was the symptom of a wider disease at Arsenal. That disease being the owners and board. A proper football minded ambitious owner would have shitcanned Wenger 10 years ago. We still have the disease. :|
To be honest i wasn't talking about myself, i just generalise so as not to say i told you so, go way way back into the Wenger out thread and the protest thread and you'll see i always said no point getting rid of Wenger without getting shot of Wiggy.... but the point was that i'm leaning towards Wenger being more of a yes man than was intimated by people on here and much less in control than was thought and that Wiggy was calling more of the shots than people think.

People were so focussed on OGL being a odious ignorant disrespectful prick that they couldn't see beyond that to Wiggy having more of an eye on things than most thought, this made it easy to scapegoat dickhead Wenger when a lot of what he said was bullshit and bluster..... 'if they give me a £100M i'll hand it back' yeah right cock end, you were never getting it so it was a smoke and mirrors statement, you were giving yourself the illusion of control when Wiggy had his fist up your arse like a puppet master :cussing:

When you see how tight a control he keeps on his American franchises it always didn't ring true that he ignored this one, the way the new people like Sanhelli and Edu are reported as having to run everything by Josh and Stan, makes me think they are little more than figurehead appointments who need a full on Kroenke stamp of approval before anything is decided and that in many ways Wenger was only ever a useful idiot, deluded in his own mind, a complete narcissist stupid enough to be believe his own bullshit and an illusion sustained by other useful idiots like John Cross, Keown and all the other OGL sycophants.
I know mate. I was being a tad facetious. :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:17 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:47 pm
Oh and I'm in no way excusing Wenger of his many many crimes. But he should never have been allowed to sit there committing those crimes for so long. That rests squarely on the owner and board.
If Wenger had been an ambitious manager he would have walked because of the board and owner...Comfort zones all round.
I know the point you're making but for me that's not and never was the bigger issue. Almost everyone has a boss. I am a boss for my project team. And I have a boss and he has a boss. Part of each of our jobs is to address underperformance of our staff.

Wenger had a boss and that boss failed to address his underperformance, whether through comfort zone or cynical fuckery is an aside for me. Wenger was never going to voluntarily walk away from his 9million a year because of greed and ego and so his boss should have addressed it by sacking him.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:52 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:17 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:47 pm
Oh and I'm in no way excusing Wenger of his many many crimes. But he should never have been allowed to sit there committing those crimes for so long. That rests squarely on the owner and board.
If Wenger had been an ambitious manager he would have walked because of the board and owner...Comfort zones all round.
I know the point you're making but for me that's not and never was the bigger issue. Almost everyone has a boss. I am a boss for my project team. And I have a boss and he has a boss. Part of each of our jobs is to address underperformance of our staff.

Wenger had a boss and that boss failed to address his underperformance, whether through comfort zone or cynical fuckery is an aside for me. Wenger was never going to voluntarily walk away from his 9million a year because of greed and ego and so his boss should have addressed it by sacking him.
I do agree with you but the vicious circle of apathy suited both parties. It showed a lack of ambition and control by the board not to deal with the under performing Wenger..It was a show of greed and indifference and a lack of principle by the manager not to resign in protest at the board's indifference to the nose dive the club was taking.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:50 pm
Ancelotti still my second pick after Allegri 8)
Me too.

Anceloti may indeed be past it - who knows - but I'd think there's enough top manager left in him to at least steady the ship, and get us going in the right direction. He doesn't hang around so either way he is a short term fix for maybe one to three years max, but fuck it few managers are at any club longer than three years nowadays.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

if Everton get Ancelotti and we end up with some rookie surely that will be the last straw and we'll start to see the wiggy out campaign moving forward

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

German football magazine Kicker ran a story claiming that Robben, Ribery, Hummels, Boateng and Müller were particularly unhappy with Ancelotti’s relaxed training sessions and had so organised ‘secret’ high-intensity sessions behind his back.

https://t.co/bMKYtsUeJD

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Latest odds

Ancelotti evens

Arteta 11/2

Freddie and Vieira 9/1

Paddy Power

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:24 am
if Everton get Ancelotti and we end up with some rookie surely that will be the last straw and we'll start to see the wiggy out campaign moving forward

For me it would be the ultimate white flag waving gesture - for everton to show more ambition in their pursuit for a new manager, would be a public announcement of where we as a club stand and what our plans are. Everton want to go for proven quality to step up a level or 2, whilst we are going 2 or 3 levels beneath Ancelotti on some financial cost cutting plan :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ancelotti is now a free agent and with no compensation fee, so unless we are deep in negotiations with allegri (and confident of getting him), there is no acceptable reason for not getting him

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Ancelotti not coming, it will be Vieira or Arteta, you heard it here 1st