Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

augie

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by augie »

Wouldn't exactly be a shock if true, but devastating news all the same :cry: :cry: :cry:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... s-arsenal/

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Ancellotti would be my number 1 choice, as he was when wenger left.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal are believed to prefer a younger option around whom they can construct a long-term plan. [@TeleFootball]

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Leicester will demand a £14m compensation fee from any Premier League club interested in manager Brendan Rodgers. https://t.co/RaV84gxzxR

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:04 pm
Arsenal are believed to prefer a younger option around whom they can construct a long-term plan. [@TeleFootball]

Translation ……….. AFC would prefer a cheaper option, who will do what he is told by the power movers above him, and who wont demand a large transfer budget cos he will just be as happy as a pig in shit to be manage of a club like Arsenal :oops:

So much for josh Kroenke's "be excited" motto :roll: This club can really fcuk a man off :cussing: :cussing:

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:07 pm
Leicester will demand a £14m compensation fee from any Premier League club interested in manager Brendan Rodgers. https://t.co/RaV84gxzxR

Again, IF we are convinced that he would be the right man for the job (I'm not convinced personally), then just pay the £14m and start the rebuild already

Clash

Post by Clash »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:07 pm
Despite whether anyone rates Rodgers or not, would we really want someone who was prepared to walk out on 2 clubs mid season in the same year?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

More to the point, why would Rodgers want to leave an up and coming club in a fantastic position and who have done fantastically with great young players, want to come to a busted flush club with no leadership and a squad that carries a warning ‘Contains 50% shit’!!
I really worry we’ll go for Nuno Espirito Emeryo from Wolves. :banghead: :banghead:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:08 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:04 pm

Translation ……….. AFC would prefer a cheaper option, who will do what he is told by the power movers above him, and who wont demand a large transfer budget cos he will just be as happy as a pig in shit to be manage of a club like Arsenal :oops:

So much for josh Kroenke's "be excited" motto :roll: This club can really fcuk a man off :cussing: :cussing:

I'd forgotten about that line. Did he say when we should be excited? Maybe it's not time yet :roll:

Sky are still reporting that Allegri is interested and commented that they understand that he was perceived as being slightly arrogant at his interview 18 months ago. That bunch of twats thinking that Allegri was a bit arrogant :roll: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

https://le-grove.co.uk/2019/11/30/artet ... long-read/

I know this guy upset you Augie :lol: but this is his take on Arteta

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Just caught Freddie's interview with Sky. Top top man, really hope the next few weeks go well for him :barscarf:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I am genuinely concerned with the mental health of anyone who genuinely believes Arteta should be the next Arsenal manager. In what world should we hire a manager who hasn’t been head coach before, at any level? In what world is a man with zero managerial experience the ideal candidate for a job like Arsenal? As well as Lampard appears to be doing at Chelsea, he still earned the role as MANAGER of Derby County. Solskjaer didn’t walk right into the Man Utd role without coaching elsewhere (albeit badly). So why should Man City’s Director of Cones be given the Arsenal job?

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:05 am
https://le-grove.co.uk/2019/11/30/artet ... long-read/

I know this guy upset you Augie :lol: but this is his take on Arteta

Seen the headline, left the page :roll: I struggle to see how any half intelligent person (maybe that is the problem) would advocate giving arteta the job based on nothing other than the fact that he was part of pep's coaching team - why not give it to the kit man, or the goalkeeping coach, or one of the other 2 assistant managers (yes pep has THREE assistant managers) ? On what basis do we believe that arteta has been fundamental in citeeh's success ? Should people not learn from the experiences with another of the assistant managers - brian kidd was an assistant manager under ferguscum and was believed to be a key part of his backroom staff, but put out on his own he flopped badly as a manager and has never got another chance since. Also lets face it, how hard must it be to get the best out of a team containing aguero, david silva, de bruyne etc ?

I don't hate le grove per se - his flip flopping over wenker fcuked me off and I stopped reading his blog after that, but if I am doing nothing later I might have a butchers at it

augie

Post by augie »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:04 pm
I am genuinely concerned with the mental health of anyone who genuinely believes Arteta should be the next Arsenal manager. In what world should we hire a manager who hasn’t been head coach before, at any level? In what world is a man with zero managerial experience the ideal candidate for a job like Arsenal? As well as Lampard appears to be doing at Chelsea, he still earned the role as MANAGER of Derby County. Solskjaer didn’t walk right into the Man Utd role without coaching elsewhere (albeit badly). So why should Man City’s Director of Cones be given the Arsenal job?

Very well said that man :barscarf: :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

interesting that so many want Allegri.

honestly, after 18 months of listening to Emery trying to speak English, I must admit I want someone fluent in the language.

it's a breath of fresh air reading the quotes from Freddie in his first interview. I actually understand him :barscarf: :lol:

can Allegri speak English? if not, I'm out.