Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

augie

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:34 am
I'm still waiting for the twist in this appointment...hopefully Ancellotti is delaying the everton appointment for arsenal, and Arteta ends up at Everton. :barscarf: :barscarf:

I said to the wife and kids last night that I think there will be a late twist to this appointment, and it wouldn't surprise me if PV4 was appointed before Saturday - since sunday night this whole process has dragged on more than you would expect, so it makes me wonder if either the board and/or arteta are not convinced and end up backing out

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:29 am
Nos89 wrote:
I'm still waiting for the twist in this appointment...hopefully Ancellotti is delaying the everton appointment for arsenal, and Arteta ends up at Everton. :barscarf: :barscarf:

I said to the wife and kids last night that I think there will be a late twist to this appointment, and it wouldn't surprise me if PV4 was appointed before Saturday - since sunday night this whole process has dragged on more than you would expect, so it makes me wonder if either the board and/or arteta are not convinced and end up backing out
My moneys on Arteta, the board give me the impression of the Titanic steaming through the night towards the Iceberg and unable to turn in time :wink:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50843803

The board haven't even contacted City yet. Arsenal FC bunch of jokers.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

I know he's a man city employee but why is there even talk of compensation.

He's their assistant coach

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:29 am
Nos89 wrote:

No chance Augie, Arteta will be manager by the weekend!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

northbank123 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:25 pm
If the board really believed in Arteta, they would have offered him the job straight away and he would have snapped their hand off. Particularly having “interviewed” him last year.

The fact that they’ve pondered over it for weeks before apparently tentatively deciding he’s the best option just sums up that they have no fucking clue what they are doing.
When have these wankers ever made a quick decisive positive decision.....besides when they are agreeing their next pay rise

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Update: 1) Arsenal have been speaking to Man City’s DoF all the way through the process, and are bemused by the stories coming out of the City camp. 2) Terms agreed with Arteta and backroom staff. 3) Contracts not signed yet, but due to be signed today or tomorrow. #Arteta

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I think Arteta was their first choice to replace Wenger! but the widespread negative reaction on social media etc, was causing them concern! So when Emery came along he was a perfect get out!
That turned out to be a disaster, so I reckon the board have come to the conclusion that they should have stuck to their initial instincts, rather than be swayed by others

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:31 am
I know he's a man city employee but why is there even talk of compensation.

He's their assistant coach

the whole thing as usual has been handled appallingly.
most clube just sack their manager and appoint another the next day with no fuss.

we can't even manage to appoint a non manager quickly ! :banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have just postponed Freddie Ljungberg’s proposed press conference until tomorrow.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Alan Stubbs on Arteta: "He’s got an opinion, he had that as a player. He wasn’t afraid to say something if things weren’t right on the pitch. He’s one of them, who if somebody crosses him, I dont think he’d have a full blown argument with them, but they won’t be at the club long" https://t.co/3sCMPorSL8

Alan Stubbs on Arteta: "He’s got an opinion, he had that as a player. He wasn’t afraid to say something if things weren’t right on the pitch. He’s one of them, who if somebody crosses him, I dont think he’d have a full blown argument with them, but they won’t be at the club long" https://t.co/3sCMPorSL8
Last edited by mcdowell42 on Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:55 am
He still has no votes on here Mcd but I dare say if he comes in and bounces a few of the egos and underperformers out the door he will gain support around here

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Agree, we can blame emery for alot of stuff, but the players have been an absolute disgrace and ive no problem if he bombs the whole fucking lot of them out.Senior players that is.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Looks like Rodolfo Borrell will be following Mikel Arteta to The Emirates Stadium.

Borrell was Lionel Messi's first coach, he also coached Cesc Fabregas & Andres Iniesta in his La Masia days. He's also coached young Raheem Sterling back in Liverpool academy.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

If this deal to sign Arteta as manager Does go ahead, and everything points to it happening, WHY? Oh! The Feck Why? Didn't the club just appoint him as TOF's replacement and save us all this misery, stress and FedTheFuckUpness.
:( :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Has he arrived yet? :?

Has he gone yet? :? :-P