Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who would you like to see as next manager

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Arteta
No votes
Allegri
50%
Bergkamp
3%
Enrique
No votes
Freddie
3%
Mourinho
9%
Vieira
12%
Rodgers
15%
Santo
3%
Ten Hag
6%

Total votes: 34

augie

Re: Who would you like to see as next manager POLL

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:28 pm
interesting that so many want Allegri.

honestly, after 18 months of listening to Emery trying to speak English, I must admit I want someone fluent in the language.

it's a breath of fresh air reading the quotes from Freddie in his first interview. I actually understand him :barscarf: :lol:

can Allegri speak English? if not, I'm out.

I do understand that g88ner, but the reality is that there have been a number of "foreign" managers that have come to England and struggled with the language in their first year (poch for starters), but have been very successful regardless - I know that it is very important to be able to communicate with the players, but I do think that it was overplayed somewhat in emery's case cos the players had downed tools and used every little issue to undermine him. Clubs sign foreign players without English all the time and nobody raises an eyebrow about it, so hiring a manager with broken English and who is getting ongoing lessons, shouldn't stop us hiring an experienced winner like allegri

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:53 pm

I do understand that g88ner, but the reality is that there have been a number of "foreign" managers that have come to England and struggled with the language in their first year (poch for starters), but have been very successful regardless - I know that it is very important to be able to communicate with the players, but I do think that it was overplayed somewhat in emery's case cos the players had downed tools and used every little issue to undermine him. Clubs sign foreign players without English all the time and nobody raises an eyebrow about it, so hiring a manager with broken English and who is getting ongoing lessons, shouldn't stop us hiring an experienced winner like allegri
fair point mate. I guess I'm just fatigued from 18 months of broken English.

If Allegri is the best candidate then so be it. I hope he showed his credentials in his pre-juventus managerial career though because I reckon you and me could have won titles in series A at that time.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Sky Sports over here claiming Allegri is a target.

Sky Sports in Italy claimimg Allegri only prepared to ditch his sabbatical for the manure job :?

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:14 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:53 pm

fair point mate. I guess I'm just fatigued from 18 months of broken English.

If Allegri is the best candidate then so be it. I hope he showed his credentials in his pre-juventus managerial career though because I reckon you and me could have won titles in series A at that time.

And shrek and donkey could have been assistant manager at pep's citeeh team, and no-one would have noticed any drop off either. That isn't a point aimed at you, but is aimed at the clowns who are advocating arteta.

I'll be honest and admit that a small part of the reason I would want allegri is because he is Italian - I know Italian football isn't everyone's cup of tea, but there is a pragmatism to their thinking at all times, and that is a forgotten trait that has been missing from our club for a long, long time. Wenker blatantly prioritised entertaining football, and even yesterday Freddie spoke about the importance of players enjoying their football - for the past decade AFC players have had a blast in wenger world with no accountability for anything, and anyway last time I checked, nothing is more enjoyable than winning. Allegri is a winner and would bring a winning mentality with him - there is of course the possibility that he wouldn't be a success with us, but I do feel that the thought process in Italian football is exactly what we need to address our defensive issues, so he would get my vote.
Substance over style for me 8)

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

augie wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:08 pm

I'll be honest and admit that a small part of the reason I would want allegri is because he is Italian - I know Italian football isn't everyone's cup of tea, but there is a pragmatism to their thinking at all times, and that is a forgotten trait that has been missing from our club for a long, long time. Wenker blatantly prioritised entertaining football, and even yesterday Freddie spoke about the importance of players enjoying their football - for the past decade AFC players have had a blast in wenger world with no accountability for anything, and anyway last time I checked, nothing is more enjoyable than winning. Allegri is a winner and would bring a winning mentality with him - there is of course the possibility that he wouldn't be a success with us, but I do feel that the thought process in Italian football is exactly what we need to address our defensive issues, so he would get my vote.
Substance over style for me 8)
Interesting viewpoint there mate.

In that regard, Ranieiri would be a candidate for me also.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Josh Kroenke on finding next Arsenal manager: “Because of our confidence in Freddie we're very fortunate that we're going to be entering into our process and doing a thorough search and it's about finding the right candidate, it's not about finding the first candidate.”

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:39 pm
Josh Kroenke on finding next Arsenal manager: “Because of our confidence in Freddie we're very fortunate that we're going to be entering into our process and doing a thorough search and it's about finding the right candidate, it's not about finding the first candidate.”
The guy is a fuck.ing idiot isn't he. They ran a recruitment process only 18 months ago which means they already know what they need to about 90% of the potential candidates. There is no search, they just have to sit down and make a decision about which way they want to go. Di.ckhead :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

If Arteta is going to make a success anywhere, it isn't at Arsenal in 2019/2020. He couldn't be a worse fit for fuck's sake. Unless the new manager is going to 1) take steps to sort out the defence; and 2) sort out our soft as shit underbelly; we might as well not fucking bother.

Allegri. Ancelotti. Vieira. Wales. Golf. Madrid.

In that order.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Max Allegri or Joachim Löw. After years of fucking about with bollox lettuce leaf French fragility and some bonkers fucking Spanish disorganisation, the time has come for some proper rigid, gold standard defensive solidity. When you want that, you go to Italy or Germany. No fucking about with a million passes in your own box, no fannying about with centre-halves taking free-kicks or full-backs deciding they want to join the fucking attack, just proper fuck off, you're not scoring, I'm grinding you down or putting you out of the game and I'm not leaving my half of the pitch until the game's over defending. Fuck all this Arteta nonsense and Brendan modern-day Ron Atkinson Rogers. Get Allegri or Löw in, start winning games 1-0 or 2-0 and change the whole fucking culture.

augie

Post by augie »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:57 pm
Max Allegri or Joachim Löw. After years of fucking about with bollox lettuce leaf French fragility and some bonkers fucking Spanish disorganisation, the time has come for some proper rigid, gold standard defensive solidity. When you want that, you go to Italy or Germany. No fucking about with a million passes in your own box, no fannying about with centre-halves taking free-kicks or full-backs deciding they want to join the fucking attack, just proper fuck off, you're not scoring, I'm grinding you down or putting you out of the game and I'm not leaving my half of the pitch until the game's over defending. Fuck all this Arteta nonsense and Brendan modern-day Ron Atkinson Rogers. Get Allegri or Löw in, start winning games 1-0 or 2-0 and change the whole fucking culture.

That's exactly my mindset - in my opinion we need to go with the total opposite of the type of manager and tactics we have been going with, cos if something aint working you need to change it. As well as the hope that it will take us back to a hard to beat team that will have the whole country and league hating us again (I miss those days :( ), it could also have the added bonus of fcuking off all the newish knobhead Gooners who expect to see an exciting pure style of football, and for me those c.unts have no understanding of what a traditional Gooner is - get the fcuk ye w..ankers :box:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

ESPN say Ljungberg has his UEFA Pro Licence, which means he can coach Premier League & UEFA matches. At the moment the club isnt in contact with anyone else. The hope is Freddie can see the club through to the end of the season, when it should be easier to pick a permanent coach. https://t.co/pzI0BgIEyQ

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Guardian say Nuno Santo is not being seriously considered for the role but it would be no surprise, with his links to Jorge Mendes, if his name had been used to test the water for what might be deemed acceptable. #Arsenal https://t.co/LMIADPlLrr

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

just proper fuck off, you're not scoring, I'm grinding you down or putting you out of the game and I'm not leaving my half of the pitch until the game's over defending.
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:19 pm
just proper fuck off, you're not scoring, I'm grinding you down or putting you out of the game and I'm not leaving my half of the pitch until the game's over defending.
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
I concur with your barscarf concurring :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Fucking give me no nonsense defenders putting reducers on the opposition danger men and footing it into row Z when required 8) :barscarf: El reengholes passing it out from the back carry on was a fucking disgrace :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:11 pm
ESPN say Ljungberg has his UEFA Pro Licence, which means he can coach Premier League & UEFA matches. At the moment the club isnt in contact with anyone else. The hope is Freddie can see the club through to the end of the season, when it should be easier to pick a permanent coach. https://t.co/pzI0BgIEyQ

And there was a report last night which said that he has his A Licence but hasn't his Pro Licence - apparently (if true) it would mean that he can only be a caretaker manager for a period of 3 months, and he/they would need to seek special permission from the premier league to extend it beyond that.
Fcuk knows which report is true

Found the report which says he hasn't the necessary qualifications - as newspapers go, The Independent would be one of the more reputable one's

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 25766.html