Soton H Sat 23rd Ko 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: Soton H Sat 23rd Ko 3pm

Post by BFG4 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:11 pm
Sanllehi and Edu just walked through the mixed zone, clearly having been in the changing room, with faces like thunder. They have a big decision to make - and need to make it ASAP.

Piece from the Emirates on why Emery needs to go, now.

https://t.co/RfQqEYJBLj
I do have to laugh at them being pissed off about today, as though there was going to be a magical change since the Leicester game. It seems like their plan was to hope we beat a 19th placed team(who recently lost 9-0) and use this to justify Emery's position. This bullshit sums up how pathetic we have become as a club, rotting from top to bottom

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

BFG4 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:59 pm
I do have to laugh at them being pissed off about today, as though there was going to be a magical change since the Leicester game. It seems like their plan was to hope we beat a 19th placed team(who recently lost 9-0) and use this to justify Emery's position. This bullshit sums up how pathetic we have become as a club, rotting from top to bottom
I have a new campaign for the bloggers and co. to to use: how about "you don't care, why should we".

Stop going to the stadium, it is not that difficult, stop making excuses!!. :banghead:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:21 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:15 pm
Lacazette gutted he equalised :shock:

Yeah, you could see he thought "What the fuckk Have I Done?"

For an Arsenal player to react like that having scored an equaliser, because he knows there is every chance this absolute farcical disgrace will now continue because of that goal is Sad, Bad and Utterly Heartbreaking. :cry: :cry: :cry:

#emeryout
Or....perhaps he was waiting for the obligatory 5 minutes to pass to see if VAR would allow it or not :? :? :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

post match interview BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50533438

and

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/50531721

Usual load of wanky bollocks. :( :banghead:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Christ that was awful. That's the last of my money they're having until this mess is sorted out. :banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have conceded 45 shots (!) in their last two home games – against Wolves and Southampton (@StatsZone) https://t.co/MvfUpEWUWe

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:17 pm
Arsenal have conceded 45 shots (!) in their last two home games – against Wolves and Southampton (@StatsZone) https://t.co/MvfUpEWUWe

Fvcking disgraceful.
Dead man walking.
Get rid of this fvcknuckle NOW.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tells you that the players aren't doing anything to put themselves out. They want a change. No team that is giving it their all will allow 45 shots on their goal in two games.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

When Laca scored the equaliser, I didn't know whether to celebrate or think ifuck u, you've kept him in a job

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:12 pm
When Laca scored the equaliser, I didn't know whether to celebrate or think ifuck u, you've kept him in a job
I think most of us thought the latter.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Red Snapper wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:50 pm
Christ that was awful. That's the last of my money they're having until this mess is sorted out. :banghead:
yeah I haven't been this season yet and I am glad I have distanced myself this season.
was going to go to the Brighton home game - decided to take out Amazon prime subscription to watch it at home instead

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Southampton had 13 shots in their last three games COMBINED.

They had 21 today.

Get fucked Emery.

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

1 of these Teams is NOT like the Others......jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:27 pm
Sokratis looked like the hungover player we used to have to drag out of bed on Sunday mornings because we had no one else to play...He is a liability .Luiz is a disgrace, actually the people who bought Luiz and who pick him.and who pay him are the real disgrace.
Aubameyang looked so disinterested throughout, at least Lacazette looked like he cared.. Guendouzi claimed offside on a rebound from a penalty...He is energetic and passionate but he is indisciplined and careless.
Tierney must be having serious regrets about joining Arsenal, he put in a few crosses but the stupidity of our defending would have dragged Winterburn or Sansom down to that level.
Willock showed more defensive awareness than any of our defenders to keep the game alive.
Pepe is terrified ,great chance but no bottle when the keeper came towards him..Overall a disaster in a season of disasters in a decade of disasters...Time to go Unai..
Your right about Sokratis and Luiz, would add Holding in that as well....Bellerin cant defend now he wont use his pace to beat a player keeps stopping and turning back, dont even mention Kolasianc.
In front of them Toreira would be improved if he had anyone with him...Guendouzi offers no protection, and when playing out picks up the ball runs and passes ball back.
Tierney was only decent player feel sorry for him playing with that shit
All defence and midfield needs a total overhaul, besides proper defensive coaching....the basics are not even there...the first goal from the free kick showed that.
A new manager when he comes will take several seasons to sort out this mess

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:03 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:27 pm
Sokratis looked like the hungover player we used to have to drag out of bed on Sunday mornings because we had no one else to play...He is a liability .Luiz is a disgrace, actually the people who bought Luiz and who pick him.and who pay him are the real disgrace.
Aubameyang looked so disinterested throughout, at least Lacazette looked like he cared.. Guendouzi claimed offside on a rebound from a penalty...He is energetic and passionate but he is indisciplined and careless.
Tierney must be having serious regrets about joining Arsenal, he put in a few crosses but the stupidity of our defending would have dragged Winterburn or Sansom down to that level.
Willock showed more defensive awareness than any of our defenders to keep the game alive.
Pepe is terrified ,great chance but no bottle when the keeper came towards him..Overall a disaster in a season of disasters in a decade of disasters...Time to go Unai..
Your right about Sokratis and Luiz, would add Holding in that as well....Bellerin cant defend now he wont use his pace to beat a player keeps stopping and turning back, dont even mention Kolasianc.
In front of them Toreira would be improved if he had anyone with him...Guendouzi offers no protection, and when playing out picks up the ball runs and passes ball back.
Tierney was only decent player feel sorry for him playing with that shit
All defence and midfield needs a total overhaul, besides proper defensive coaching....the basics are not even there...the first goal from the free kick showed that.
A new manager when he comes will take several seasons to sort out this mess

Yup as I said before if somebody will give us £50M forBellerin then bite their fu.cking hand off. Luiz and Sokratis - well I always thought that a good CB addition would help Sokratis but I never banked on Luiz - he is the answer to nothing.

On a plus point though, isn't it good to know that all our players are coached in the same way throughout the club so we know that a replacement can slip into the side and be equally as shit as whoever he replaced. Love a bit of consistency. The defence and midfield is still a mess and with senor 4 - 3 it's never going to be fixed in a month of Sundays.