Soton H Sat 23rd Ko 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: Soton H Sat 23rd Ko 3pm

Post by robbo10 »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:03 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:27 pm
Sokratis looked like the hungover player we used to have to drag out of bed on Sunday mornings because we had no one else to play...He is a liability .Luiz is a disgrace, actually the people who bought Luiz and who pick him.and who pay him are the real disgrace.
Aubameyang looked so disinterested throughout, at least Lacazette looked like he cared.. Guendouzi claimed offside on a rebound from a penalty...He is energetic and passionate but he is indisciplined and careless.
Tierney must be having serious regrets about joining Arsenal, he put in a few crosses but the stupidity of our defending would have dragged Winterburn or Sansom down to that level.
Willock showed more defensive awareness than any of our defenders to keep the game alive.
Pepe is terrified ,great chance but no bottle when the keeper came towards him..Overall a disaster in a season of disasters in a decade of disasters...Time to go Unai..
Your right about Sokratis and Luiz, would add Holding in that as well....Bellerin cant defend now he wont use his pace to beat a player keeps stopping and turning back, dont even mention Kolasianc.
In front of them Toreira would be improved if he had anyone with him...Guendouzi offers no protection, and when playing out picks up the ball runs and passes ball back.
Tierney was only decent player feel sorry for him playing with that shit
All defence and midfield needs a total overhaul, besides proper defensive coaching....the basics are not even there...the first goal from the free kick showed that.
A new manager when he comes will take several seasons to sort out this mess
Trouble for players like Holding is there's nothing to learn from in training,no old pros with any bollocks to learn from,Luiz looks like another player at Arsenal who thinks he entitled to be there,hes fucking shit,we payed 8 million for this c unt,funny how not one other club had any interest in him,he makes my piss boil,concidering Cahill went to Palace on a free,
we need a few old experienced journeymen to come in and be grateful to be at Arsenal and at least fucking try...we have no ready-made defenders,they're either way past it or still young and inexperienced,I see a great future for Tierney,it just might not be at Arsenal,Bellerin is average,Chambers is inconsistent,and the rest are shocking,really shocking,and they are being allowed to make the same errors week after week after week.Just what do they do on the training ground?

I'd easily say our back 4 is one of the worst in the league,and the waiter is doing NOTHING to change that,

Maybe its time to admit that this is not the Arsenal we grew up loving,and this Arsenal just really isn't the big club we think it is,

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Another point gained today in our quest to achieve the 40 needed to be safe from relegation. 22 more to go. I aint joking - we're fuckin' hopeless !!. :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

A landmark game - now officially more than a third of the way through the meaningless league. Just 25 more borefests to go

2-2, 0-5, 8-1 - what would it have mattered anyway?

We're now 7th I see, not 6th.....yay, such excitement. Can't wait till it all starts again next August

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:36 am
A landmark game - now officially more than a third of the way through the meaningless league. Just 25 more borefests to go

We're now 7th I see, not 6th.....yay, such excitement. Can't wait till it all starts again next August
Does that mean you're off until next August :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:

Still reckon he needs more time?

:wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:54 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

Sadly for you lot no it doesn't :D

Once the Europa and the FA Cup go tits up you'll have another long SteveO Silence to look forward to though :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:03 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

Still reckon he needs more time?

:wink:
Well now he's been overtaken by the dinosaur from Burnley who'd do a much worse job then possibly not. Who needs a convincing 3-0 away win at Watford eh?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:43 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:54 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

Sadly for you lot no it doesn't :D

Once the Europa and the FA Cup go tits up you'll have another long SteveO Silence to look forward to though :D
:lol:

The FA cup could well be done by January :rubchin:

but that bleedin pesky ropey cup :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO it’s now at the stage where I’d lay down the red carpet for Sean Dyche myself.

Fuck it I’d lay it down for Gunenersaurus as long as it meant getting rid of the current dickhead.

You’re right there’s no way we beat anyone in the league 3 nil, home or away. At any another club in the world he’d be gone, but not at this fucking joke corporation :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:34 pm
SteveO it’s now at the stage where I’d lay down the red carpet for Sean Dyche myself.

Fuck it I’d lay it down for Gunenersaurus as long as it meant getting rid of the current dickhead.

You’re right there’s no way we beat anyone in the league 3 nil, home or away. At any another club in the world he’d be gone, but not at this fucking joke corporation :banghead:
The pressure has been turned up a notch by what has happened at the new Shithole that's for certain. Not sure he'd be gone anywhere else though. How on earth Pellegrini, Hassenhuttl or Marco Silva are still employed this morning is beyond me. For me all 3 of those are doing a worse job.

I do think Emery is on borrowed time now though. Once the fans turn nasty it will take a miracle to win them back over. Winning brings forgiveness but it would take a long run of wins to get into the top 4 (be all and end all for most) to get that forgiveness

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Anyone else notice yesterday in the dug-out that 2 of emery's coaching staff where trying to talk to him and show him their tablets and poiting to various players, especially in the first 20 minutes and he waved them away, the look on their faces, rolling their eyes and the like. He wouldn't listen to them.

Also Freddie was nowhere to be seen for most of the game - he tried making some suggestions and got the same treatment, he looked like he'd had enough and so disappeared.

I'd take Freddie as an interim manager/coach till we appoint Simeone, if he'll come. :? :(

It's a mess from Top to Bottom. :(

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Just caught up with the highlights. Trying to play out responsibly from the back with Sokratis and David Luiz is like trying to paint the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel with a toothbrush and some Airfix pots

Clash

Post by Clash »

Don’t need to add anything about the performance but it was one of the strangest celebrations to a last gasp equalisers I have seen though. Such was the muted reaction I thought the goal had been disallowed.

And far less empty seats at the end than there usually is. Maybe people were staying to boo or to hear the boos.

Made me smile how quickly Bellerin sprinted off when he was subbed too. No doubt the Xhaka incident was in his mind but at least it shows some lessons have been learned. :barscarf:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Clash wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:43 pm
Don’t need to add anything about the performance but it was one of the strangest celebrations to a last gasp equalisers I have seen though. Such was the muted reaction I thought the goal had been disallowed.

And far less empty seats at the end than there usually is. Maybe people were staying to boo or to hear the boos.

Made me smile how quickly Bellerin sprinted off when he was subbed too. No doubt the Xhaka incident was in his mind but at least it shows some lessons have been learned. :barscarf:
Agree about the reaction to the equaliser. Nobody around me really responded as the players seemed muted and the referee seemed to be pointing as if it was going to var. This is what var has done to us and what I was afraid of from it's introduction. Also, that was the most inept refereeing display I have ever witnessed but perhaps he caught it from our players.