Frankfurt H Thu 28 Nov 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Re: Frankfurt H Thu 28 Nov 8pm

Post by A11M11 »

Tuesday , Wednesday champions league and Thursday Europa league = Maximum television coverage and the money that goes with it.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:53 am
Tuesday , Wednesday champions league and Thursday Europa league = Maximum television coverage and the money that goes with it.
Trouble is it has reached saturation point.
with games on every single day I find myself watching LESS football than I would otherwise.

if all Euro competitions were on Tuesday and Wednesday night at the same time (7.45 or 8pm) then I would watch far more of it.
diluting matches so you have 5.55pm and 8pm kick offs over 3 nights means I hardly bother with any of it anymore.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Time for The Banners To Come Out!

"Thanks for the memories ... ahh hold on .. :rubchin: Uhmm

"Oi! Emery Just FUCKOFF NOW! " :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Coming to Thursday's #UEL match at Emirates Stadium?

Make sure you arrive early due to additional security measures

More info

Via Arsenal. Com

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:44 am

More info

Via Arsenal. Com

are they afraid that Emery might be shot ? :rubchin:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:46 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:44 am

More info

Via Arsenal. Com

are they afraid that Emery might be shot ? :rubchin:

I'd say its more to do with stopping any eintract fans getting in because of the eufa ban on them.

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:42 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:45 am
No matter how hard I try I just really struggle to give even half a flying fuck about this bloated bore of a competition until we reach quarter final stage. :roll:

If I could change one thing about the European comps it would be to go back to the old format.

3-1 win. Probably.
the afternoon format for the last game was a complete joke- why all European games can't be on Tuesday or Wednesday is beyond me.

Back in the good ole days (pre sky and the money league) a lot of European games were played in the afternoons, and especially in eastern Europe - if memory serves me correctly, wenger's first AFC game to attend as manager was an afternoon kick off away v Borussia Monchengladbach

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:43 am
Rian1 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:34 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:41 pm
Ljungberg will have the boys fired up for this one. 3-1 to us.
Fired up from what, a draw against T3 worst team in PL this season? :oops:
It was, I believe, a tongue in cheek comment that Freddie would be in charge by Thursday ebening.

0-0 draw and still out sung despite the fact they will have no fans allowed.
Yep. Thanks, Stuart. :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I don't really understand the mentality of anyone who wants Emery out to actually go to this match.

there is a reason why things take longer to happen at Arsenal rather than other clubs.
mostly it is down to the fact that we have such a passive fanbase.

this is the kind of match that I would normally always attend - but this week, no chance.
10,000 in there on Thursday ebening and Emery wouldn't be coming back into work. Make it happen.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:48 pm
bunch wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:53 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:25 pm
Am I correct in saying that there are no away fans at this game?
Yes. And the club have tried to ensure no Frankfurt fans get tickets by not allowing tickets to be sold to Red members or general sale.
So not only do the club lumber us with this shit-fest as part of our season tickets (despite playing weakened teams), they now stop us selling the fucking thing too. Hope the players enjoy playing in front of the lowest crowd so far at that monstrosity of a stadium.
Its a pisser watching your cup credits go down the drain but it's still better than wasting your time (and more money) by going to watch it. Unfortunately we have some fans who would go to watch grass grow if it was included in their ST so while there will be a shite crowd it will not be as low as they deserve.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:09 pm
Clash wrote:
bunch wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
Yes. And the club have tried to ensure no Frankfurt fans get tickets by not allowing tickets to be sold to Red members or general sale.
So not only do the club lumber us with this shit-fest as part of our season tickets (despite playing weakened teams), they now stop us selling the fucking thing too. Hope the players enjoy playing in front of the lowest crowd so far at that monstrosity of a stadium.
Its a pisser watching your cup credits go down the drain but it's still better than wasting your time (and more money) by going to watch it. Unfortunately we have some fans who would go to watch grass grow if it was included in their ST so while there will be a shite crowd it will not be as low as they deserve.
Oh yeah there's no way I'm intending on going mate. My seat will sit empty along with 40,000 others probably.

It just annoys me that there is not a league games only ST option. And I thought the same back in the glory days when we used to reach the dizzy heights of the last 16 of the CL :barscarf:

Its so easy for the club to treat ALL cup competitions like they do the league cup and give ST holders an option to buy the ticket if they choose to but not force us to pay for the first 7 ties. Especially when for 80% of cup games (for the last decade at least) the Arsenal manager does not pick a full strength team.

(and anyone who says I get what I deserve for buying one of Stan's overpriced tickets is gonna get it :box: )

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:46 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:42 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:45 am
No matter how hard I try I just really struggle to give even half a flying fuck about this bloated bore of a competition until we reach quarter final stage. :roll:

If I could change one thing about the European comps it would be to go back to the old format.

3-1 win. Probably.
the afternoon format for the last game was a complete joke- why all European games can't be on Tuesday or Wednesday is beyond me.

Back in the good ole days (pre sky and the money league) a lot of European games were played in the afternoons, and especially in eastern Europe - if memory serves me correctly, wenger's first AFC game to attend as manager was an afternoon kick off away v Borussia Monchengladbach
Verrily tis true 1996 (?) I've got my ticket somewhere - we lost 3 - 2 :(

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Clash wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:39 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:09 pm
Clash wrote:
bunch wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
Oh yeah there's no way I'm intending on going mate. My seat will sit empty along with 40,000 others probably.

It just annoys me that there is not a league games only ST option. And I thought the same back in the glory days when we used to reach the dizzy heights of the last 16 of the CL :barscarf:

Its so easy for the club to treat ALL cup competitions like they do the league cup and give ST holders an option to buy the ticket if they choose to but not force us to pay for the first 7 ties. Especially when for 80% of cup games (for the last decade at least) the Arsenal manager does not pick a full strength team.

(and anyone who says I get what I deserve for buying one of Stan's overpriced tickets is gonna get it :box: )
I've always felt its scandalous paying for what is effectively a full price ticket on an ST when the manager puts out the dross, you pay for a ST to watch the best your team can put out every game not the reserves in some cup competitions.

(Then again you get what you pay for with Wiggy Cannons Inc, and thoroughly deserve to be scammed :box: )

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The away end will be as empty as Stan Kroenke's list of suitable replacements for Emery

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Interesting that most people seem to think we’ll win this!? Frankfurt are an ok team and we are just about ‘ok’ at times too. I can see a draw here but we could easily lose too. It’s time to display thousands of ‘Dick Out’ banners. Pride of London! :barscarf: 8)