G'day Freddie. Manager of The Arsenal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: G'day Freddie. Manager of The Arsenal

Post by xisstential »

We need to get a manager...one of top, top qualiteeee. I hope we are not going to see a Solskjaer situation unfold at the club where we win a few gimme's under the new manager syndrome and decide to keep him on permanently because it's cheaper.

I read that the players were glad to see Emery get sacked, and while I wanted to dee the back of him, this lazy, unaccountable,
Laissez-faire attitude of the players that took hold under Wenger and has been allowed to take root at the club needs to be stamped out. If you are not going to play with pride, take instruction and put in a shift week in and week out then they can go elsewhere. This player, downing tools crap, because they cannot get their own way, needs to be dealt with right now. I'm sick of these overpaid Prima Donna's traipsing around the field like they are doing us a huge favour.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Reading between the lines, it seems as if Freddie inherits a divided dressing room - the lazy malcontents vs the hardworkers.

It will be interesting to see how he deals with that. I hope that he doesn't suffer fools gladly.

I do wonder how much of a free hand the board have given him to drop players ?

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Put some pride back in the club Fred

Midz

Post by Midz »

Just watched Freddie's first interview with Jeff Shreeves. He comes across as a real nice guy.
Good luck, Freddie. :barscarf:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

He hasn't got Lauren to "kick the shit" out of opponents who cross him now though!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

If he puts an end to this stupid ‘playing out from the back’ he moves up 5 notches in my estimations immediately!!

brucers

Post by brucers »

He may have no great managerial experience but he is an Arsenal man. The first thing he has achieved is to have re-united the fanbase as we all 'luv you Freddie.' Would not have been my first choice but then I never had a say in the matter in the first place, haha.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

He can only work with what he has a decent GK,poor back four,average MF but some good strikers and wingers Auba,Lacca,Martineli and give Pepe a run in the side let alone Saka.

What he wont have is a player not putting in effort,he was and is and even if it goes tits up under him,he walked off the pitch good games or great ones we knew as fans he ALWAYS put in 100 percent and as fans that for me is all I ask,we have not played well in any game this season to me league wise bar 20 mins here or there in 2/3 of them.

One man in that dressing room today knows what playing for this club is about,some may lite a fire in them some may hot care,win,lose or draw he will have the fans behind him.

I f that doesn't get through to the players nothing will,it will be on them not him Emery was the wrong fit for us but the players lack of effort was apparent,Freddie won't stand for that.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

For anyone who hasn't seen Freddie's first interview since taking on the role of Interim Manager;

If you loved Freddie before, you will Love him even more after this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdU0acmEaR4

:barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:44 am
For anyone who hasn't seen Freddie's first interview since taking on the role of Interim Manager;

If you loved Freddie before, you will Love him even more after this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdU0acmEaR4

:barscarf:
Thanks for posting that Bard 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:D

Spread the Love Dude! :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Starting Xhakatard and Mustafalaugh. Freddie can fuck off too. :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:02 am
Reading between the lines, it seems as if Freddie inherits a divided dressing room - the lazy malcontents vs the hardworkers.

It will be interesting to see how he deals with that. I hope that he doesn't suffer fools gladly.

I do wonder how much of a free hand the board have given him to drop players ?

And it is clear that he is favouring the useless malcontents :roll: :censored:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Maybe what a lot of people have overlooked in their enthusiasm for Freddie taking over is that Freddie has already played a part in the shambles this season. He’s been a key part of the first team staff. We were better last season when he wasn’t!

shu

Post by shu »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:03 pm
Starting Xhakatard and Mustafalaugh. Freddie can fuck off too. :roll:
And Luiz , what a triangle of strength , what a disgrace