G'day Freddie. Manager of The Arsenal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: G'day Freddie. Manager of The Arsenal

Post by SteveO 35 »

Poor fucker has no chance with this defence or midfield

Either give him the job and the funds, or get someone in now who has a month before the window opens. Freddie till Jan/Feb followed by a newbie is the worst of all options

augie

Post by augie »

How can any guy expect to be considered for the vacant managers job, when he comes out in the national media and admits that his captain fcuked off to the dressing room without permission on a call of nature with 10 minutes to go, and that HE NEVER EVEN REALISED THAT HE WAS GONE ???? :banghead:

Blim

Post by Blim »

augie wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:42 pm
How can any guy expect to be considered for the vacant managers job, when he comes out in the national media and admits that his captain fcuked off to the dressing room without permission on a call of nature with 10 minutes to go, and that HE NEVER EVEN REALISED THAT HE WAS GONE ???? :banghead:
Was he watching the game or was he on Twitter ? :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

For as long as he is our manager then I support Freddie. I have no idea how long that will be,hes been told its match by match. Raul is shit scared of appointing another duffer but might have to act to save his own skin.
The problem that we will have when recruiting is that Raul wants to stay in charge and that might not suit a Top manager.
That's it really, Freddies got a thankless task but if we can pick up some points to stabalise us then all is good.
We love you Freddie !

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Love Freddie to bits but he’s a Wenger puppet. So far he’s picked the old faces (saying the experienced players are the best to get us out of trouble.....despite putting us in it)!! Wenger loves playing people continually even if they were playing shit. He’s doing 70th minute subs, he came out after his second match and talked about mental strength and now he’s come out and said ‘we must take the handbrake off’.

I genuinely think Freddie is so far out of his depth he doesn’t have a clue. He’s copying Wengers old habits hoping it comes good. I know he’s been dumped in it to a certain extent but he clearly isn’t capable. Shame because he’s going to come out of this eventually looking real bad before he’s learnt to be a coach.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:30 am
Love Freddie to bits but he’s a Wenger puppet. So far he’s picked the old faces (saying the experienced players are the best to get us out of trouble.....despite putting us in it)!! Wenger loves playing people continually even if they were playing shit. He’s doing 70th minute subs, he came out after his second match and talked about mental strength and now he’s come out and said ‘we must take the handbrake off’.

I genuinely think Freddie is so far out of his depth he doesn’t have a clue. He’s copying Wengers old habits hoping it comes good. I know he’s been dumped in it to a certain extent but he clearly isn’t capable. Shame because he’s going to come out of this eventually looking real bad before he’s learnt to be a coach.
Good post mate. Nails it on the head for me too.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

When all you have is perm of two from four and they are Mustafi,Luiz, Sokratis and Mavropanos I defy anyone to properly organise them.
Holding and Chambers are our only hope when they are both fit

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... erim-head/

From his latest press conference you get the impression that the game against Citeh will be his last in charge for us.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Unfortunate choice of words from Sokratis that will be deliberately misinterpreted.
If he meant hard graft that’s one thing but dirty work gives Riley’s puppet the excuse he needs.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I said it last season but got shot down. It's time to just play the cup team in the premier league. Draft in Medley at CB at part of the squad.

Gotta say Leno has really impressed me this season, finally, a goalkeeper who has actually improved whilst at the club.

Freddie is still finding his management style. I don't think he's totally out of his depth he just needs the support of the fans, and players. Don't think BFG is his natural no.2. If he wants Gilberto he should be allowed to bring him in on a temporary measure. I'd like to see him attempt to bring Keown in as his assistant. Couldn't get any more than "good cop, bad cop" than that. Which is what I think this squad needs. A proper "bad cop", which I envisage suits Keown down to the ground.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:38 pm
I said it last season but got shot down. It's time to just play the cup team in the premier league. Draft in Medley at CB at part of the squad.

Gotta say Leno has really impressed me this season, finally, a goalkeeper who has actually improved whilst at the club.

Freddie is still finding his management style. I don't think he's totally out of his depth he just needs the support of the fans, and players. Don't think BFG is his natural no.2. If he wants Gilberto he should be allowed to bring him in on a temporary measure. I'd like to see him attempt to bring Keown in as his assistant. Couldn't get any more than "good cop, bad cop" than that. Which is what I think this squad needs. A proper "bad cop", which I envisage suits Keown down to the ground.

A manager who has shown himself to be too weak to leave ozil and xhaka in the stands (where they belong), and you think that he isn't out of his depth ?? :shock: :shock: I think that he has shown himself to be prioritising the support of the players, over the needs of the team :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Not an ounce of tactical awareness. Not a shred of improvement on Emery. No chance, no hope.

Still lets let it run and run well into the transfer window and just piss the whole season up the wall

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:06 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:38 pm

A manager who has shown himself to be too weak to leave ozil and xhaka in the stands (where they belong), and you think that he isn't out of his depth ?? :shock: :shock: I think that he has shown himself to be prioritising the support of the players, over the needs of the team :roll:
I think that support of the players is going with the 55th minute substitution of Ozil for smith-rowe today. I cannot see another manager coming in next week, so we have to stick with Freddie.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

To be fair to the guy, you watch us somehow be 1-0 down in about 90 seconds despite starting well and think what the fuck is this guy meant to do?

Don’t want to rush the appointment, but if we let things slide as they are we are going to be in a fucking relegation battle.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Good on Freddie for calling out the w@nker board. Raul and co. are part of the problem but lets not fall into the Wenger trap again, they are symptoms of the KSE disease.

The whole stadium should be calling for Kroenke's head by now, the fact that isn't happening says it all really..

:censored: