Brighton H Thurs 5th Dec KO 815pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Natural Born Gooner

Re: Brighton H Thurs 5th Dec KO 815pm

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

David Dein should be hanging his head in shame for bringing that useless Yank cunt Kroenke to our football club!

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

I have watched some shite at the Arsenal over the years but that was right up there. We so badly need to get somebody in who isn't part of this clusterfuck of a set up at the moment to try and begin to straighten them out.

The defence is shit, the midfield is clueless and the quality that we do have up front is not being employed correctly.

Freddie needs to be saved and bailed out by a managerial appointment asap but at the same time that is not going to turn things round at any rate of knots because we simply have too many flakes in the team.

West Ham away on Monday night and then Citeh at home on the Sunday - 1 point if we are lucky.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Great result, the more Kroenke f*cks this club up the more likely the wig wearing parasite is to cash in and f*ck off.

Midtable is about our level under KSE, get used to it, I don't even bother watching anymore.

:censored:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

oaodan wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:34 pm
80 million on Pepe and Luiz was some bit of business.Reckon Luiz could do a lot to take a team down.
Everyone was raving about Luiz at the time saying what a good signing....

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:27 pm
Only three teams with 19 points after 15 games have ever been relegated in a 38-game Premier League season. We should be ok.

:barscarf:
we have not won a game in over 2 MONTHS we are in fucking free fall

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:02 pm
goonertux wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:52 am
scotgooner wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:43 am
Taking my girlfriend to her first ever Arsenal game tonight so would like a win for that reason if nothing else.

Not exactly the most glamorous fixture to get her hooked on the Arsenal :roll: :D

Anyway few drinks in the boozer before hand & soak up the atmosphere , should be a good day. Win , lose or draw!
Taking the bird up the Arse for the first time, eh? Hope it's not too painful for her!
:D :gus:
Damn you beat me to it. :?

:D :wink:
Love it lol!

It was painful believe me ...

Club is fucked.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:15 am
oaodan wrote:
80 million on Pepe and Luiz was some bit of business.Reckon Luiz could do a lot to take a team down.
And Pepe continues to be mismanaged. When he came on he at least carried a threat out wide.

Ive had it with Ozil for the last time, he might have placed a few decent free kicks in the box but he did very little else. We need to do something radical like play Martinelli in the number 10 role and ffs stop putting Auba wide on the left hes no TH14. Its got to the stage where things cant get much worse now.

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:17 pm
scotgooner wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:43 am
Taking my girlfriend to her first ever Arsenal game tonight so would like a win for that reason if nothing else.

Not exactly the most glamorous fixture to get her hooked on the Arsenal :roll: :D

Anyway few drinks in the boozer before hand & soak up the atmosphere , should be a good day. Win , lose or draw!
That post was going really well until you said "soak up the atmosphere ".
Always get a good laugh with the Londoners in the pub , but yeah inside stadium atmosphere non existent as usual.

There’s a general acceptable in that place of shitness sadly!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Seeds of this disaster planted years ago with the failure to move on Wenger, and further back when they sold out to Kronke

A lot is down to Wenger he mostly brought these rubbish players to the club, and even worse instilled this lack of discipline fight and desire

Emery was a disaster...he is not a manager

Clear to see for several seasons, Roy Keane was spot on when he said they were weak and lightweight, they are...

They have so many poor players who should never be in our team, really poor thats worrying, even more so they have no fight in them, no leaders, they are spineless

Posters are deluded to think these are great players, they are far from that, the defence and midfield are total shit, Luiz, Sokratis, Holding, Bellerin, Chambers, xaha, Guendouzi all not good enough in attitude or ability

Putting it midly we are in a fucking mess, the worst i can ever remember, worried.......

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Redarmy wrote:
oaodan wrote:
I wasn’t

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:54 am
Redarmy wrote:
oaodan wrote:
I wasn’t
Neither was I....

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

The "be careful what you wish for" lot are back reminding us that we didn't realise how well Wenger was doing to keep winning the fourth place trophy. But in truth, the alarm bells were ringing ever more loudly during those years. We left it way too late to get rid of him, and left ourselves in a position where we could not recruit a successor capable of rebuilding the squad effectively.

It is very rare that I dsagree with any of Kevin Witcher's wise words in his editorial articles, but in a recent one he tried to find some perspective along the lines of "these things go in cycles.....we may not be at the bottom of ours yet, but our turn will come again".

I am not sure I share that sanguine view. For every Liverpool there is a Preston - a genuinely massive club in their day but who are never going to recapture past glories. Huddersfield, Villa, Newcastle and Leeds may not seem like big clubs now but if you care to look at the history books they were once giants of the game. And Spurs fans from the 60s have waited a little while for their time to come round again. Just because our hollow shell of a club still has the name Arsenal, it doesn't mean we will sort t out any time soon, or ever.

I fear this is more than just a blip in our proud history like the mid 70s or mid 80s. At best it is the Arsenal of the late 50s and early 60s. At worst, we are on our way to becoming as obsolete as once proud Preston.
Last edited by Bob Bayliss on Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

BFG4 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:48 pm
This entire shambolic situation is all the clubs fault. They knew after the Leicester game that Emery needed to go and yet they kicked the can down the road rather than looking for a replacement. Now they are leaving Freddie out to dry due to their incompetence. In our last 3 games we have played Southampton, Norwich and Brighton and picked up 2 points, relegation isn't out of the question. We haven't won a fucking league game since the 6th of October, that says everything.
Exactly, with games we have this month, where are the points coming from when we can't beat those 3 teams. And lets be honest, Saints and Norwich really should have beaten us.
I've always said we need Rafa Benitez and i think even more so now. Going for untested people like Arteta etc is not what we need now. We need experience and someone who is clued up on tactics and the PL.
Forget Rodgers or Poch. They wouldn't touch us with a barge pole.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:56 pm
David Dein should be hanging his head in shame for bringing that useless Yank cunt Kroenke to our football club!
Spot on. People singing DD praises, what a great Arsenal man he was, yet they fail to see what he has done.

augie

Post by augie »

BFG4 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:48 pm
This entire shambolic situation is all the clubs fault. They knew after the Leicester game that Emery needed to go and yet they kicked the can down the road rather than looking for a replacement. Now they are leaving Freddie out to dry due to their incompetence. In our last 3 games we have played Southampton, Norwich and Brighton and picked up 2 points, relegation isn't out of the question. We haven't won a fucking league game since the 6th of October, that says everything.

Leaving Freddie out to dry ?? How exactly are they doing that ?? He has been given the power to change what has clearly been broken for a long time now, and not alone did he not fix it, he actually compounded the problems by bringing back in useless c.unts that emery had cast aside :evil: Some fans (and media) are claiming that freddie wasnt happy with many of emery's decisions this season, and all I can say to that is "thank fcuk emery didnt give freddie a say cos going by his team selections and substitutions in these 2 games, Freddie would have us a lot lower down if he was in charge :roll:

The owners and decision makers in our club are an absolute disgrace (is it too much to wonder if we should hire a helicopter to bring them to next away game :rubchin: :wink: ), but they didnt pick the teams and we can stop this defending Freddie agenda