West Ham A Mon 9th Dec 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
oaodan

Re: West Ham A Mon 9th Dec 8pm

Post by oaodan »

flash gunner wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:18 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:57 am
SPARKSY wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:14 am
It's been a few years since i've been to Wigan, Middlesbrough and The Valley. And i'm looking forward to a trip to Ashton Gate :lol: :lol: :lol:
London derbies against Brentford and Millwall :barscarf:
And still official attendance will be 60,052 for clash with Barnsley. Could be like those half empty planes where u have to move seats to keep the thing balanced.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Oh what a circus as west ham supporter david Essex once sang.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Herd wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:24 pm
Oh what a circus as west ham supporter david Essex once sang.
True but not many folk know that song includes the lyric

England has gone to town
over the death of a club called the Arsenal
We've all gone crazy
Mourning all day and mourning all night
Falling over ourselves to get all of the misery right

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:58 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:45 am
The Arsenal are the longest serving members of the top tier in English football, Liverpool were Div 2 in the 60s, united and scum and chavs in the 70s

will be a total disaster if we get relegated...

As for this game West Ham will be well up for it...City after that ....FFS
Chelsea were in the 2nd division back in 89 (now championship)

I had a a Yankee on us, Chelsea, Wolves and Orient to win their respective divisions.

We came through at Anfield, Chelsea won Div2 , Wolves breezed div 3 ( Bull & Mutch) while Orient came about 5th I think.
I did have each way, so won about £500, but bloody Orient were 1 point away from getting me a couple of grand. :evil:

You have to think that Leno and Auba / Laca will be enough to keep us up, but by Christ it’s going to be dire - we might be grateful to be out of Europe and losing to Leeds to concentrate on survival ! :shock:

1989 thats amazing thought it was 70s, thats when scum got relegated we beat them at highbury towards the end of the season...Happy days :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:58 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:45 am
The Arsenal are the longest serving members of the top tier in English football, Liverpool were Div 2 in the 60s, united and scum and chavs in the 70s

will be a total disaster if we get relegated...

As for this game West Ham will be well up for it...City after that ....FFS
Chelsea were in the 2nd division back in 89 (now championship)

I had a a Yankee on us, Chelsea, Wolves and Orient to win their respective divisions.

We came through at Anfield, Chelsea won Div2 , Wolves breezed div 3 ( Bull & Mutch) while Orient came about 5th I think.
I did have each way, so won about £500, but bloody Orient were 1 point away from getting me a couple of grand. :evil:

You have to think that Leno and Auba / Laca will be enough to keep us up, but by Christ it’s going to be dire - we might be grateful to be out of Europe and losing to Leeds to concentrate on survival ! :shock:
Just had to check Yes you are right...im talking pre premier league when football history has been wiped...went down in 1975 as well...pre sky

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

oaodan wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:33 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:18 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:57 am
SPARKSY wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:14 am
It's been a few years since i've been to Wigan, Middlesbrough and The Valley. And i'm looking forward to a trip to Ashton Gate :lol: :lol: :lol:
London derbies against Brentford and Millwall :barscarf:
And still official attendance will be 60,052 for clash with Barnsley. Could be like those half empty planes where u have to move seats to keep the thing balanced.
I think they will have to start moving the crowd to the areas right opposite the cameras, so it makes the ground look full :box:

wibble

Post by wibble »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:32 pm
Arsenal have allowed their opponents 253 shots this season. Manchester City allowed just 238 shots in the whole of last season.

:shock:
Saw another stat on bbc site yesterday (can’t remember exact numbers) but we have faced something like 58 shots on target at home so far this season compared to 52 at home the whole of the invincibles season.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

If we lose this then Freddie should be removed with immediate effect!
Thus far, I have never seen a managerial change gave so little effect on a teams performance, no matter how bad they are, one would expect to see some improvement , no matter how short lived that may prove to be!
I could even make a case for Freddie being even fucking worse than Emery and that takes some doing!
FFS we even saw it today with drunken Duncan! A squad performing very similar to ourselves!
And before anybody asks, I dont have a fucking clue who should replace him even temporarily!
We’re fucking doomed!

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:57 pm
If we lose this then Freddie should be removed with immediate effect!
Thus far, I have never seen a managerial change gave so little effect on a teams performance, no matter how bad they are, one would expect to see some improvement , no matter how short lived that may prove to be!
I could even make a case for Freddie being even fucking worse than Emery and that takes some doing!
FFS we even saw it today with drunken Duncan! A squad performing very similar to ourselves!
And before anybody asks, I dont have a fucking clue who should replace him even temporarily!
We’re fucking doomed!
I'm of the opinion that the new manager bounce doesn't really come into effect when he was the predecessor's assistant.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Freddie is operating in a theatre of malevolence the like of which I've never seen at Arsenal.
The players seem totally out of control and immune to instruction,motivation or influence.
Worse many appear to be completely shameless and thus playing for pride is completely beyond them !
Short of kidnapping their families I am at a loss to know how to motivate them.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Perhaps it wasn't Emery after all eh?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

So we can kiss contract negotiations with Laca and Auba goodbye then just in case we were in any doubt.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Quite frankly I would drop most of the 'experienced' defence and bring in kids, they REALLY can't do any worse can they! I'd play
Leno, Tierney, Bellend (I'd just about keep him in), Medley, Mavropanos.
Doozy and Torreira in front of them, Ceballos in the middle then Pepe on the wing, PEA up front with Martinelli. Sorted.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:16 am
So we can kiss contract negotiations with Laca and Auba goodbye then just in case we were in any doubt.
Right now contract negotiations are the least of our worries ,we are facing the apocalypse ,the horror !
100 years after we bribed our way into the top division we face leaving it.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Herd wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:29 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:16 am
Right now contract negotiations are the least of our worries ,we are facing the apocalypse ,the horror !
100 years after we bribed our way into the top division we face leaving it.
Not going to happen. In the same way that DB10 kept saying the victims won't win the title (until about a month ago) I'm saying we won't get relegated. There said it.....what could possibly go wrong :rubchin: