West Ham A Mon 9th Dec 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clash

Re: West Ham A Mon 9th Dec 8pm

Post by Clash »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:54 pm
Clash wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:33 pm
Herd wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:04 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:36 pm
Herd wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:29 pm

Right now contract negotiations are the least of our worries ,we are facing the apocalypse ,the horror !
100 years after we bribed our way into the top division we face leaving it.
Not going to happen. In the same way that DB10 kept saying the victims won't win the title (until about a month ago) I'm saying we won't get relegated. There said it.....what could possibly go wrong :rubchin:
Ah the memories of the 74 75 and 75 76 seasons when alan ball and brian kid saved us from doom. I'd pay good gold for a leader like Ball !
Bit before my time so I stand to be corrected but wasnt Jimmy Rimmer also a key reason we stayed up too?
Ah 1975...my introduction to the Arsenal as a birthday present - we lost to Derby and I didn't keep the programme. Sat in the east upper and will never forget the glimpses of the pitch as we walked along the inside of the east stand before that moment when you walked up the steps and saw Highbury in all it's glory - brilliant. So technically Jimmy Rimmer ruined my birthday, the selfish git :lol:
:D

Belated birthday wishes anyway Jock :barscarf: :D

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:09 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Clash wrote:
Herd wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Not going to happen. In the same way that DB10 kept saying the victims won't win the title (until about a month ago) I'm saying we won't get relegated. There said it.....what could possibly go wrong :rubchin:
Ah the memories of the 74 75 and 75 76 seasons when alan ball and brian kid saved us from doom. I'd pay good gold for a leader like Ball !
Bit before my time so I stand to be corrected but wasnt Jimmy Rimmer also a key reason we stayed up too?
Ah 1975...my introduction to the Arsenal as a birthday present - we lost to Derby and I didn't keep the programme. Sat in the east upper and will never forget the glimpses of the pitch as we walked along the inside of the east stand before that moment when you walked up the steps and saw Highbury in all it's glory - brilliant. So technically Jimmy Rimmer ruined my birthday, the selfish git :lol:

Why thank you Clash. The birthday cake in those days had single digit candles whereas now I'm a fire hazard :shock: :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:13 pm
Clash wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Clash wrote:
Herd wrote:

Why thank you Clash. The birthday cake in those days had single digit candles whereas now I'm a fire hazard :shock: :lol:
haha :D Aren't we all?!

Saturday birthdays and Saturday football was magical back then. I had something similar in for my birthday in 1979 but my first game was a 3-1 win :barscarf:

At least with Derby you saw the eventual champions. Although I think I must have been a bit of a dim child because I didnt quite understand the format of league games to begin with. I only understood how the FA Cup worked! :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:16 am
So we can kiss contract negotiations with Laca and Auba goodbye then just in case we were in any doubt.
Right now contract negotiations are the least of our worries ,we are facing the apocalypse ,the horror !
Check your facts buddy. :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I hate these murdering vermin almost as much as I hate the actual vermin from n17. Would rejoice to see this cunty little club relegated and fucked into non-existence. :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:10 am
Perhaps it wasn't Emery after all eh?
Oh he did his part mate. Just because you have soft bitches and idiots for players doesn't excuse your own stupidity. What type of manager tries to repeatedly play out of the box with defenders like Luiz, Sokratis, Chambers, and Mustafalaugh? All the while with a complete arsehole like Xhakatard sitting in front of them. That is one half-step from playing useless braindead Danish strikers with no pace as wingers...... :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

All 19 of the other teams have won a Premier League match since Arsenal's last league win on October 6th vs Bournemouth. Leicester City have won EIGHT league games since then.

:shock:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Can we win this, yes......... will we win it, God only knows :rubchin:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:14 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:16 am
So we can kiss contract negotiations with Laca and Auba goodbye then just in case we were in any doubt.
Check your facts buddy. :wink:
That would have involved a degree of effort more than I was prepared to put in I'm afraid :oops:

I thought I recalled a change to your customary blanket dismissal of all evidence pointing to a victim title :lol:

Sorry to change the subject but has anyone seen the Lavazza coffee advert which I have just seen - we feature....Auba Ceballos and Kolasinac on the same advert as three victims :shock: What's that all about?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal lineup: Leno, Bellerin, Chambers, Sokratis, Tierney, Torreira, Xhaka, Pepe, Ozil, Martinelli, Aubameyang

Subs: Lacazette, Maitland-Niles, Luiz, Nelson, Martinez, Guendouzi, Saka

https://t.co/cXuY1PAown

#WHUARS

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

That’s more like it Freddie. If you’d dropped Xhaka and put Doozy in I’d be happier but that is a much better looking team. Now I’m more optimistic! Great decision to drop Lackofthreat and young Marty in. Come on you Gunners!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Better line-up for me - at least he is giving different players a chance. Martinelli deserves a start, although I hope he isn’t completely marooned out wide. At least we will hopefully try and play with pace with that front three and full backs.

Still Xhaka mind.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

10 players right out of 11......by jove he’s nearly cracked it.

COME ON TA FUCK :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:13 pm
Clash wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Clash wrote:
Herd wrote:

That Was Some Partaaay! Mate! :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:03 pm
Arsenal lineup: Leno, Bellerin, Chambers, Sokratis, Tierney, Torreira, Xhaka, Pepe, Ozil, Martinelli, Aubameyang

Subs: Lacazette, Maitland-Niles, Luiz, Nelson, Martinez, Guendouzi, Saka

https://t.co/cXuY1PAown

#WHUARS
Can't really Argue with that...Great to see Martinelli & Pepe startiing..If Pepe & Tierney can get the crosses in Martinelli will bury them! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: