West Ham A Mon 9th Dec 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: West Ham A Mon 9th Dec 8pm

Post by GoonerMuzz »

A wins a win with how we are playing currently, decent performances from the youngsters tonight. Rest of them need a right good kick up the arse :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:53 pm
Absolutely love Martenilli’s attitude, hopefully stays in the team from here.
I genuinely think not only is he our best player, but every game he plays in he ALWAYS gives 101%.

Clash

Post by Clash »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:03 pm
rodders999 wrote:
I genuinely think not only is he our best player, but every game he plays in he ALWAYS gives 101%.
Agreed about the 101% Bard. Some players just have an in built sense of pride where the very least you’ll get is complete effort. We need a few more like this.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clash wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:06 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:03 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Agreed about the 101% Bard. Some players just have an in built sense of pride where the very least you’ll get is complete effort. We need a few more like this.
Yeah! You can tell he has a Footballing Brain as well - always thinking ahead and either slows the play down or makes the right choices...

I just hope we can hang onto him.

If he gets enough games he will just get better and better. A tough little fuckerr as well not afraid to get stuck in and give it back ! Which is something else our other players lack. :box: :barscarf:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Great win tonight, spearheaded by Martinelli, who has more about him at 18, than most of our senior players. Great goal by Pepe aswell. We are still a shitshow in alot of areas, but a win is a win :barscarf:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Yes!!! We’re now level on points with Sheff Utd.

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

Just popped my head out from my bunker, did i hear someone say the The Arsenal won a match. jasus how long was i down there??
:rubchin: :oops: :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

corkbarry wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:39 pm
Just popped my head out from my bunker, did i hear someone say the The Arsenal won a match. jasus how long was i down there??
:rubchin: :oops: :barscarf:
64 days

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

That was the longest second half of the season and the most vital.

I understand why they were playing slow possession football in the first half. It was to build confidence. I still cannot understand why Xhaka is in the first team. Gives away possession then just doesn't even try to win it back, or makes a tackle and now we know why he ducks out of headers. Cannot understand why AMN didn't just head the ball away instead of diving out of the way.

Martinelli, Auba and Pepe worked really well as a front three, I'd like to see them given a run of games. Ozil was brilliant today, rarely lost possession, ran back to protect the lead. He made some great runs into space but rarely received a decent pass back. The back two looked stable.

The way we played the ball out from the back to Xhaka would be much better suited for a player of Luiz capabilities. There were so many times I thought Xhaka could have played the ball forward more to the front three runners, but seems incapable of finding the right pass forward..

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

The ten minutes before Martinelli scored saw the worst cameo on an Arsenal shirt by any player since Eboue the sub was subbed.. Hang your head in shame Granite Xhaka.
He was rubbish throughout but that few minutes took him to lower levels.
On the game itself, awful for fifty five minutes then clicked into gear going forward..Actually thought the two central defenders were ok up to that. The goal conceded was an act of cowardice on three counts .Thought Aubameyang was weak Iin the challenge with Rice, Xhaka was cowardly in the challange and Maitland Niles took a leaf out of Per's book and ducked out of a headed clearance.
Leno is showing desire to get the tempo up but isn't always given options by his colleagues. Aubameyang continues to frustrate me, he strolls through the motions yet is clinical with his chance.Delighted for Pepe, he done well throughout and the goal was sublime. Torriera is surely worth his place.
Not a turning point but nice to win and nice to see the players enjoy the win.
Not out of the woods yet

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

How football has changed. These modern pampered soft snowflake players are shameful. Going off after being hit in the head by something you are expected to actually head as part of the game? :oops: :roll:

And it wasn't even a blammer that got him ffs. It was mid paced at best. It's getting to a point where these soft ladyboys will start wandering off injured if they have to kick the ball hard. Oh noes an ouchy on the toes! :oops:

Have these fuckers no shame? I'd be too embarrassed to walk off like Xhakatard did even if I was actually hurt ffs.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Was this a good result?? The club seems to have adopted a wait and see attitude, a place of happily treading water. It's almost like they'll see if Freddie can pick up enough points to keep us mid table before given him the job on a permanent basis. That would put us in line with the rest of Kroenke's sports teams......mid table.....and content to be there?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:16 am
How football has changed. These modern pampered soft snowflake players are shameful. Going off after being hit in the head by something you are expected to actually head as part of the game? :oops: :roll:

And it wasn't even a blammer that got him ffs. It was mid paced at best. It's getting to a point where these soft ladyboys will start wandering off injured if they have to kick the ball hard. Oh noes an ouchy on the toes! :oops:

Have these fuckers no shame? I'd be too embarrassed to walk off like Xhakatard did even if I was actually hurt ffs.
I thought it was a horrendous injury and I really believe that Xhaka should retire immediately and not put himself in any more danger...

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:16 am

Agree with every word mate !

Shameful for Xhaka to go down TWICE and then come off for that! He’ll probably be wearing Cech’s helmet from now on knowing what a massive fucking tart he is :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

This team has a lot of issues but getting that treacherous piece of shit Xhaka out of it would solve a multitude of them.

He is an absolute fucking disgrace, constantly giving away possession, zero effort, bottles out of challenges.

His performance last night was more of a fuck off to the fans than when he actually said it. A disgrace to the shirt, the c.unt should be fucked out of the club and never play again. Worst I’ve ever seen at the Arsenal and I absolutely despise the prick.