Mikel Arteta, success or failure?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
4%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
35%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
25%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
36%

Total votes: 55

OneBardGooner

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure?

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:04 pm
Any chance we could send Arteta over to have a chat with the wiggy cu.nt :lol:

:lol:

:high5:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

As the season is most likely over do we count his performance so far or does he get a fresh start next season :rubchin:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Fresh start although we may have to temper our expectations

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Not really sure we can have much expectation, this whole situation will have thrown all planning out the window, our funding will be even more up the swanny than ever, contracts will be all over the place and the transfer window may be a complete washout due to lack of funds for every club. If UEFA, the FA and the EPL are canny they will either extend the transfer window or leave it open for the whole season to allow clubs to reorganise and restructure as best they can over a longer period, those that survive this anyway.

Unfortunately this gives Wiggy the perfect chance to 'consolidate' funds more than usual and I should imagine our squad next season may be broadly similar to this year :rubchin:

I know none of this really matters in the current emergency but I'm sick of everything Corona virus and want to think about something else more pleasant, relatively :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:12 pm
Not really sure we can have much expectation, this whole situation will have thrown all planning out the window, our funding will be even more up the swanny than ever, contracts will be all over the place and the transfer window may be a complete washout due to lack of funds for every club. If UEFA, the FA and the EPL are canny they will either extend the transfer window or leave it open for the whole season to allow clubs to reorganise and restructure as best they can over a longer period, those that survive this anyway.

Unfortunately this gives Wiggy the perfect chance to 'consolidate' funds more than usual and I should imagine our squad next season may be broadly similar to this year :rubchin:

I know none of this really matters in the current emergency but I'm sick of everything Corona virus and want to think about something else more pleasant, relatively :wink:
Agreed 100% mate. 8)

Herd

Post by Herd »

We hard to beat right now

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:41 pm
We hard to beat right now
:lol: