The why is there no Chelsea thread thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: The why is there no Chelsea thread thread

Post by augie »

Ernie71 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:20 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:04 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:45 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:17 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:44 pm
Playing a high intensity press game against a top four opponent with a threadbare squad in the middle of the most congested fixture period of the season

Nonsensical and naive. If he does the same against Man U and fucks it up against Leeds it will be all the evidence needed that he is the wrong man at the wrong time

On paper that is a fair comment, but the reality is that the chavs are not a top 4 team in quality, and we showed that for large parts of todays game. I argued (until a month ago) that we would get top 4 this season by default simply cos the chavs, manure and the scum are all dogshit - whilst I will accept that we are worse than I thought, the reality is though that those teams are every bit as shit as I said 3 months ago
They have 3 centre halves all of which would walk into our starting line up, plus Kante who is still the best player in that position and Lumpard seems to be getting Willian back to his best. You might think they are shit but when I go through their starting line up and ours, with one or two exceptions they are better all over the field. The chavs were superb at the new shitole. To play that gung ho way against them with hardly anyone fit was absolute suicide and the players were dead on their feet in the second half

Wrong man, wrong time, wrong style

You know already that I am not happy with the arteta appointment, so please don't think that I am defending him when I make my arguments -

1. willian is playing really well lately ……… today he was anonymous and I assume we will have to give our players and system some credit for that.

2. Laca played up top on his own against 3 centre backs and caused them a lot of trouble in the first half. The great in form Abraham hardly got a kick today against one of the worst defences in the history of our club. What does that tell us ? It tells me that their defence is as shit as advertised.

3. When it was a 3 v 3 in centre midfield today, our 3 bossed it - they had no answer to ozil and torreira was everywhere. Kante is indeed an outstanding footballer, but outside of him they are ordinary in midfield.

If I'm honest there are only 3 or 4 players off the starting chav team that would make our team if I was picking it - rudiger at centre back (obviously), willian and kante would walk into it, and maybe their captain would get in at left full. For me that says more about how shit they are more than how good we are
All Chelsea back 4 would get in our team so would all their midfield. Kante or Torreira you having a laugh??? Ozil or Jorginho ???. Aubameyang is the only outfield player who would get in.

Show me where I said that kante wouldn't make my team - I said that he would walk into it ffs :roll: Also, if you look closely you will see that I said that only 3 players from their starting team would make the combined selection

Tomori and zouma are shit - there should be no need for discussion on that. Tbh I wouldn't have them anywhere near the starting 11 for my local club side. They were championship players last season, and that's about their level.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:31 pm
Ernie71 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:20 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:04 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:45 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:17 pm

On paper that is a fair comment, but the reality is that the chavs are not a top 4 team in quality, and we showed that for large parts of todays game. I argued (until a month ago) that we would get top 4 this season by default simply cos the chavs, manure and the scum are all dogshit - whilst I will accept that we are worse than I thought, the reality is though that those teams are every bit as shit as I said 3 months ago
They have 3 centre halves all of which would walk into our starting line up, plus Kante who is still the best player in that position and Lumpard seems to be getting Willian back to his best. You might think they are shit but when I go through their starting line up and ours, with one or two exceptions they are better all over the field. The chavs were superb at the new shitole. To play that gung ho way against them with hardly anyone fit was absolute suicide and the players were dead on their feet in the second half

Wrong man, wrong time, wrong style

If you can name a single centre half we possess who is better than Zouma mate, you'll have truly opened my eyes !

You know already that I am not happy with the arteta appointment, so please don't think that I am defending him when I make my arguments -

1. willian is playing really well lately ……… today he was anonymous and I assume we will have to give our players and system some credit for that.

2. Laca played up top on his own against 3 centre backs and caused them a lot of trouble in the first half. The great in form Abraham hardly got a kick today against one of the worst defences in the history of our club. What does that tell us ? It tells me that their defence is as shit as advertised.

3. When it was a 3 v 3 in centre midfield today, our 3 bossed it - they had no answer to ozil and torreira was everywhere. Kante is indeed an outstanding footballer, but outside of him they are ordinary in midfield.

If I'm honest there are only 3 or 4 players off the starting chav team that would make our team if I was picking it - rudiger at centre back (obviously), willian and kante would walk into it, and maybe their captain would get in at left full. For me that says more about how shit they are more than how good we are
All Chelsea back 4 would get in our team so would all their midfield. Kante or Torreira you having a laugh??? Ozil or Jorginho ???. Aubameyang is the only outfield player who would get in.

Show me where I said that kante wouldn't make my team - I said that he would walk into it ffs :roll: Also, if you look closely you will see that I said that only 3 players from their starting team would make the combined selection

Tomori and zouma are shit - there should be no need for discussion on that. Tbh I wouldn't have them anywhere near the starting 11 for my local club side. They were championship players last season, and that's about their level.

augie

Post by augie »

Steve, I would have chambers ahead of both of them donkey's - that is not me saying that chambers is good enough at all, but more that the other two c.unts are useless

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

augie wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:43 pm
Steve, I would have chambers ahead of both of them donkey's - that is not me saying that chambers is good enough at all, but more that the other two c.unts are useless
I agree totally - When Chambers came off injured the game changed. He was doing OK + his headed flick on to set up the goal is something he has always looked like doing. Best of a bad bunch !. :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A good analysis of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJFtmeWU2sI