Manure (H) New Years Day 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clash

Re: Manure (H) New Years Day 8pm

Post by Clash »

goonertux wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:47 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:22 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:10 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:51 pm
I've said for a long time refs should be open to public scrutiny, the situation where any investigation on an incident during a match is done behind closed doors by the PGMO is ridiculous and undermines the whole supposed fair play image in football.

Every one makes mistakes in their jobs but referees seem to be only answerable to other referees, many of whom weren't exactly good at their jobs in the first place. Interestingly enough a 'top' PL ref will earn 80000 a year without any external scrutiny, nice work if you can get it.

Another game where I suspect we'll take an early lead, hang on for a good part of the match and then fall over our usual defensive frailties...... more interested in the transfer market, or lack of in our case, than this match. :rubchin:
100% agree. If a manager says something about a ref then the FA would come out with the "explain your comments" bullshit, but the refs themselves never have to explain their decisions. This is the *word censored* Riley cheating back in 2004, if refs were being monitored then the *word censored* would have been sent to the conference where he belongs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM747L9Wf8M
We should get every single Gooner on this Forum to e-mail that link to Riley and ask how much he got paid?

CORRUPT CHEATING FERGIE COCKSUCKING *word censored*. Still makes my blood boil to this day. :box:
Just watched that clip and forgot just how biased and corrupt Riley was. Ferdinand, Van HorseFace, and Gary Neville should all have seen red. If Riley wasn’t bent we would have won that game and carried on unbeaten. Absolute scandal.
:censored: :cussing:

I was telling myself not to click on that link but I did and now I am fucking seething :cussing: :banghead:

I personally do not believe our game has the blatant corruption that has gone on in other countries (i.e. paying off refs or opponents) but there is definitely a form of corruption under the surface. The media dictate the agenda far more than they should. And there were (and still are) weak officials that are subject to intimidation and at that time Riley was the ref Ferguson would have picked to take charge of that game. And we saw why :censored:

Oh and how the fuck does Pires have a reputation for diving but not that vile c,unt Rooney? Pires against Portsmouth was only a year before this game so the same journalists that made such a drama about it were the very same ones reporting on this game. And this was a much more high profile game so again its an example of the way the media control the narrative! :censored:

Where's that sherry ?! :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Xhaka, Holding, Martinelli Sokratis and Ceballos all involved in full training today at Colney.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:34 pm
goonertux wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:47 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:22 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:10 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:51 pm
I've said for a long time refs should be open to public scrutiny, the situation where any investigation on an incident during a match is done behind closed doors by the PGMO is ridiculous and undermines the whole supposed fair play image in football.

Every one makes mistakes in their jobs but referees seem to be only answerable to other referees, many of whom weren't exactly good at their jobs in the first place. Interestingly enough a 'top' PL ref will earn 80000 a year without any external scrutiny, nice work if you can get it.

Another game where I suspect we'll take an early lead, hang on for a good part of the match and then fall over our usual defensive frailties...... more interested in the transfer market, or lack of in our case, than this match. :rubchin:
100% agree. If a manager says something about a ref then the FA would come out with the "explain your comments" bullshit, but the refs themselves never have to explain their decisions. This is the *word censored* Riley cheating back in 2004, if refs were being monitored then the *word censored* would have been sent to the conference where he belongs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM747L9Wf8M
We should get every single Gooner on this Forum to e-mail that link to Riley and ask how much he got paid?

CORRUPT CHEATING FERGIE COCKSUCKING *word censored*. Still makes my blood boil to this day. :box:
Just watched that clip and forgot just how biased and corrupt Riley was. Ferdinand, Van HorseFace, and Gary Neville should all have seen red. If Riley wasn’t bent we would have won that game and carried on unbeaten. Absolute scandal.
:censored: :cussing:

I was telling myself not to click on that link but I did and now I am fucking seething :cussing: :banghead:

I personally do not believe our game has the blatant corruption that has gone on in other countries (i.e. paying off refs or opponents) but there is definitely a form of corruption under the surface. The media dictate the agenda far more than they should. And there were (and still are) weak officials that are subject to intimidation and at that time Riley was the ref Ferguson would have picked to take charge of that game. And we saw why :censored:

Oh and how the fuck does Pires have a reputation for diving but not that vile c,unt Rooney? Pires against Portsmouth was only a year before this game so the same journalists that made such a drama about it were the very same ones reporting on this game. And this was a much more high profile game so again its an example of the way the media control the narrative! :censored:

Where's that sherry ?! :roll:
:lol:

Put the sherry down.........and pick up a bottle of something much stronger, you're going to need it over the next few weeks :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

:D :D

You mean Arsenic Jock?

A new years toast to our beloved Arsenic Wenger, former manager of his newly formed Arsenic FC 2006 - present
:barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I reckon by about 2am I'll be predicting a 5-0 thrashing of them, the downside being watching the match with a hangover that bad will be greater torture than usual :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:40 pm
Xhaka, Holding, Martinelli Sokratis and Ceballos all involved in full training today at Colney.

Thank fcuk for that - several of the players were out on their feet for the last 30 minutes last sunday, so fresh legs at this stage will be most welcome.

Restore sokratis alongside luiz. Other than that, I would start the exact same team, but have martinelli, Ceballos and holding on the bench instead of mavropanas, john-jules, and either Willock or smith-rowe (I would keep smith-rowe personally). If xhaka is going to be fcuking off to Hertha, then he shouldn't even be on the bench, though I expect he will start ahead of the douzi :roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:13 pm

You mean Arsenic Jock?

A new years toast to our beloved Arsenic Wenger, former manager of his newly formed Arsenic FC 2006 - present

Must admit that I didn't have Arsenic in mind but then again you could be onto something there :rubchin:

I'll maybe pop into the Auld Triangle tomorrow after the game to give it a try :lol:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:22 pm
Clash wrote:

You mean Arsenic Jock?

Must admit that I didn't have Arsenic in mind but then again you could be onto something there :rubchin:

I'll maybe pop into the Auld Triangle tomorrow after the game to give it a try :lol:
One way of hopefully celebrating! Does she know?

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Clash wrote:

You mean Arsenic Jock?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Lose today and it will be the first time in the club's entire history that we will lost five consecutive home games in all competitions

"We are moving to compete with Europe's elite"

Already have the new record of starting the new year in the bottom half of the PL for the first time.

Cheers Stan......we're having a ball

Herd

Post by Herd »

I will watch under the duvet !

Clash

Post by Clash »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:16 am
Lose today and it will be the first time in the club's entire history that we will lost five consecutive home games in all competitions

Already have the new record of starting the new year in the bottom half of the PL for the first time.

''The next level is the next level'' :roll:

Clash

Post by Clash »

What a stupid name ''United'' is in football. How can the city of Manchester be ''united'' when there is another team in the same city that hates them? Its an absurd name and yet they are so often just referred to around the world as United! :roll:

Its equally stupid for Sheffield and Dundee is not united either - they even has two grounds in the same street ffs! Leeds, West Ham and Torquay are not big enough areas to justify having ''United'' in their name because there was only every going to be one club in the area at any one time there.

In fact it only makes sense at one club and that is Newcastle, where two teams (East and West) merged to become one team. In other words this one team united the city of Newcastle and became Newcastle United.

So fuck Manchester United. You cannot be biggest club in the world when you have such a stupid name! Its almost as stupid a name as Hotspur :censored:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:16 am

It's a massive indictment on the league that we are near the top half despite shitting the bed all season.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

goonertux wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:52 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Clash wrote:

You mean Arsenic Jock?

:lol:

I don't use any terms of endearment for my missus :lol:

But if I somehow got hands on some Arsenic then she'd certainly be getting the first pint of that :lol: