Manure (H) New Years Day 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ray C

Re: Manure (H) New Years Day 8pm

Post by Ray C »

Don't expect even a point from this game. The truth is I'm not even bothered about it & that's a not right !!. C'mon Brighton - make my day :D :D . :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Since the back arse of last season (starting with Palace at home) we’ve take kicking after kicking after kicking and I for one am fucking weary of it.

I’m cautiously optimistic about this one although by the time I see who’s playing in defence I’ll no doubt shit myself and fear the worst.

Please footballing gods.....throw me a fucking crumb.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:37 am
What a stupid name ''United'' is in football. How can the city of Manchester be ''united'' when there is another team in the same city that hates them? Its an absurd name and yet they are so often just referred to around the world as United! :roll:

Its equally stupid for Sheffield and Dundee is not united either - they even has two grounds in the same street ffs! Leeds, West Ham and Torquay are not big enough areas to justify having ''United'' in their name because there was only every going to be one club in the area at any one time there.

In fact it only makes sense at one club and that is Newcastle, where two teams (East and West) merged to become one team. In other words this one team united the city of Newcastle and became Newcastle United.

So fuck Manchester United. You cannot be biggest club in the world when you have such a stupid name! Its almost as stupid a name as Hotspur :censored:
:lol:

So you didn't put the sherry down after all eh mate :lol:

Well in fairness "Newton Heath Winding Up Order" didn't quite have the same ring to it as Manure Utd so :rubchin:

What are your thoughts on the use of the suffixes Albion, Rovers and Wanderers?

Also if Ipswich ever win city status will they have to change their name to Ipswich City or would they just be Ipswich :?

Clash

Post by Clash »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:40 pm
Clash wrote:
What a stupid name ''United'' is in football. How can the city of Manchester be ''united'' when there is another team in the same city that hates them? Its an absurd name and yet they are so often just referred to around the world as United! :roll:

Its equally stupid for Sheffield and Dundee is not united either - they even has two grounds in the same street ffs! Leeds, West Ham and Torquay are not big enough areas to justify having ''United'' in their name because there was only every going to be one club in the area at any one time there.

In fact it only makes sense at one club and that is Newcastle, where two teams (East and West) merged to become one team. In other words this one team united the city of Newcastle and became Newcastle United.

So fuck Manchester United. You cannot be biggest club in the world when you have such a stupid name! Its almost as stupid a name as Hotspur :censored:

Well in fairness "Newton Heath Winding Up Order" didn't quite have the same ring to it as Manure Utd so :rubchin:

Also if Ipswich ever win city status will they have to change their name to Ipswich City or would they just be Ipswich :?
:lol: :lol: NHWUO is far more factually correct! Its what they truly are behind the myth and the facade!

Albion, Rovers, Wanderers and many others all have a bit of the preposterous 19th century thing about them. They definitely sound of their time. And Wednesday - wtf is that? :shock: Still nothing beats Hotspur for gibberish though. They must have been fresh out of the opium dens the night they came up with that mindless nonsense :roll:

Interesting question about Ipswich too Jock :lol: They obviously didnt think that one through properly when they named themselves.

What all this drivel highlights further is what a fine name The Arsenal is! Simple, classy and not just the name of a location with a dated or factually inaccurate bit added at the end. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:11 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:40 pm
Clash wrote:

:lol: :lol: NHWUO is far more factually correct! Its what they truly are behind the myth and the facade!

Albion, Rovers, Wanderers and many others all have a bit of the preposterous 19th century thing about them. They definitely sound of their time. And Wednesday - wtf is that? :shock: Still nothing beats Hotspur for gibberish though. They must have been fresh out of the opium dens the night they came up with that mindless nonsense :roll:

Interesting question about Ipswich too Jock :lol: They obviously didnt think that one through properly when they named themselves.

What all this drivel highlights further is what a fine name The Arsenal is! Simple, classy and not just the name of a location with a dated or factually inaccurate bit added at the end. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Wednesday - forgot about them. Well that's what you get when you try and mix football and cricket - carnage :lol:

As for Hotspur I've always bought into the rumour that Harry Hotspur changed his name by deed poll from Harry Kunts :rubchin: :lol:

Yes, you are quite right about The Arsenal......looks like the sherry is finally working it's magic :barscarf: :lol:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Shows how the interest is waining in games these days when the match thread is full of ‘interesting (?)’ facts instead!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

We are in a relegation fight, no doubt about it. Going into this 4 points above the drop without a win in sight, and with teams below really up for the fight and scrapping their way out of it

Will we produce 90 mins of blood, sweat and tears and defensive discipline like Southampton did today or 10 man Watford......

....or will we try to be mini Man City?

I know what my money is on sadly

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:13 pm
We are in a relegation fight, no doubt about it. Going into this 4 points above the drop without a win in sight, and with teams below really up for the fight and scrapping their way out of it

Will we produce 90 mins of blood, sweat and tears and defensive discipline like Southampton did today or 10 man Watford......

....or will we try to be mini Man City?

I know what my money is on sadly
We've got some horrible fixtures coming up too,teams around and below us.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

No idea but I reckon a draw.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#afc XI: Leno, Maitland-Niles, Sokratis, Luiz, Kolasinac, Torreira, Xhaka, Pepe, Ozil, Aubameyang, Lacazette

Subs: Ceballos, Holding, Nelson, Martinez, Willock, Guendouzi, Saka

#ARSMUN

https://t.co/PncxeF7IEL

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:02 pm
#afc XI: Leno, Maitland-Niles, Sokratis, Luiz, Kolasinac, Torreira, Xhaka, Pepe, Ozil, Aubameyang, Lacazette

Subs: Ceballos, Holding, Nelson, Martinez, Willock, Guendouzi, Saka

#ARSMUN

https://t.co/PncxeF7IEL

Decent enough starting line up - pepe needs a big game today if he doesn't want to find his arse permanently nailed to the subs bench. I say again that I would have started guendouzi ahead of xhaka who we all hope is on the way out. Nelson who was shit against Bournemouth but held his place for the next game, then plays well in the next game and is then dropped for the following game - hard to fathom that :?
Personally I am happy to see ceballos back - started his spell with us in great style, dipped badly for a while after that, but you would think that arteta's system will be suited to him

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Not going tonight and expect to see loads of empty seats with the way things are, combined with the late KO on a bank holiday. This must be the first United home game I have missed in 30 years and really not that fussed after the chelski game.

Sky as usual don't think of the implications of people having to travel after a late finish on a Bank Holiday, and tomorrow being the first working day of the year.

Clash

Post by Clash »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:24 pm
Not going tonight and expect to see loads of empty seats with the way things are, combined with the late KO on a bank holiday. This must be the first United home game I have missed in 30 years and really not that fussed after the chelski game.

Sky as usual don't think of the implications of people having to travel after a late finish on a Bank Holiday, and tomorrow being the first working day of the year.
Yeah as soon as I saw the kick off time and realised it was the last day before I go back to work I thought fuck that and put my ticket up for sale.

Gave my ST away for the Chelsea game too and not yet decided if I can be bothered with Leeds next Monday night either. Especially as it’s on tv. Long gone are the days where nothing would prevent me going to a home game (including family weddings).

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Yellow card for that? Get fucked :roll:

Sutch2

Post by Sutch2 »

Yellow or not fuck off Kolasinac. Should be nowhere near the club.