Manure (H) New Years Day 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonertux

Manure (H) New Years Day 8pm

Post by goonertux »

Well, someone had to start this. As the team I detest the most, and even though we are complete dogshit, I just pray we beat these wankers! And being in the pub all day might just help. (Forgot - Mustafi will probably start, so God help us!)

CloakedGooner

Re: Manure (H) New Years Day 8pm

Post by CloakedGooner »

Fun fact for you guys:- The first ever Uk library to be opened to the public for free was opened in Manchester in 1653. This was the Chethams Library, and is still open today :typing:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Hopefully sokratis or even better, holding will be fit.

Likewise Martinelli.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

We'll go charging out of the blocks playing like a poor man's City before Martial and Rashford will tear us a new one

We will lose 1-3 but everyone will say what a fantastic improvement there has been , so desperate are they for Pep's Cone Man to be a roaring success.

Edging closer to the bottom three by the week. So glad we got the bounce everyone hoped for by firing Emery

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:56 pm
Fun fact for you guys:- The first ever Uk library to be opened to the public for free was opened in Manchester in 1653. This was the Chethams Library, and is still open today :typing:
Are we meant to read something into that? :?

:D

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:18 pm
CloakedGooner wrote:
Are we meant to read something into that? :?
Fun (!) Fact? Hmmmm......

:D

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Most locals still don't know it's there

markyp

Post by markyp »

Defeat incoming.some bright early play will be quickly forgotten about as united do us on the break,then heads will drop and boom, 3-1 to united and relegation edging ever nearer,meanwhile everton make it 3 wins out of 3 with the manager we deemed not the right fit for Arsenal which to be fair is probably true,does anybody think ancelotti would manage a side in the championship?

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Going along with my prediction made late el reenghole..another rimming incoming.We can call it el beige ones(lack of bounce) unlike his barnet :D :barscarf: were sliding down the table quicker than a fucker with one leg doing the hokey cokey :oops: I can't see where a wins coming from with these fannies..relagation is a very real possibility here.

NickF

Post by NickF »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:10 pm
but everyone will say what a fantastic improvement there has been , so desperate are they for Pep's Cone Man to be a roaring success
So do you want him to fail?
We're all Arsenal supporters so surely we want the team to do well? Maybe not..... :rubchin:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

NickF wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:45 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
but everyone will say what a fantastic improvement there has been , so desperate are they for Pep's Cone Man to be a roaring success
We're all Arsenal supporters so surely we want the team to do well? Maybe not..... :rubchin:
Of course I want the team to do well, and I want him to succeed. What I'd really like however is for Arsenal supporters to be consistent. Personally I thought scraping a 1-1 draw against a Bournemouth side who are getting beat by everyone was shite, and I also thought we played well for only 35 minutes yesterday. However, you'd be forgiven for thinking we had Pep at the helm given some of the shit I've read about how well we've done in those games. If Emery had just overseen those 2 matches the insults would be flying......and the same people on here who would have personally insulted him are now claiming all of a sudden that 1 point from 6 is some sort of huge improvement.

Our results and performances since Emery left have worsened

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

With the defence we have to play I can only see one result. Sadly it isn't a home win.. 1-3 with that annoying prick Lingard scoring and dancing.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:17 am
NickF wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Of course I want the team to do well, and I want him to succeed. What I'd really like however is for Arsenal supporters to be consistent. Personally I thought scraping a 1-1 draw against a Bournemouth side who are getting beat by everyone was shite, and I also thought we played well for only 35 minutes yesterday. However, you'd be forgiven for thinking we had Pep at the helm given some of the shit I've read about how well we've done in those games. If Emery had just overseen those 2 matches the insults would be flying......and the same people on here who would have personally insulted him are now claiming all of a sudden that 1 point from 6 is some sort of huge improvement.

I've read most of the posts on here about Arteta and I don't recall anybody sounding off about how great he is the way you are telling it. Most of us didn't want him here but he is whether we like it or not. A while ago I said that maybe Arteta is just somebody the club has to get out of it's system as they so desperately wanted to appoint him. If he fails badly then come the summer the pressure will be on to replace him and any grief that goes wiggy's way is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Some, myself included, have acknowledged that there have been some signs of improvement which is just a statement of fact. He's only been in charge for two games properly so to say performances have worsened is a bit quick. I sat there yesterday and watched a first half that had more promise than anything I have seen under Emery for quite some time. Players looked organised for once and there was effort from all including Ozil, which was novel. But that is all it is at the moment and I don't think there is anyone on here who thinks we are suddenly going to turn into man city. I'm sure that Arteta knows that too but he does have to see for himself what they are capable of and now he knows the answer. What is going to be really telling is how he reacts to the cold hard truth about how lame our squad is, then we can start to assess whether he knows what he is doing or whether he just has his head in the clouds.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:17 am
NickF wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Lost away to Bournemouth last season, lost away to Everton last season, progress stevo, sit back and have a mince pie, and enjoy the white knuckle ride.

I didn't want Arteta but what can you do

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The officials for this game referee Chris Kavanagh from Manchester, Craig Pawson is the 4th Official for this game.