Dirty Leeds|Home|FA Cup|Monday 6th January|7.56pm KO

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
CloakedGooner

Dirty Leeds|Home|FA Cup|Monday 6th January|7.56pm KO

Post by CloakedGooner »

3 nil 8)

Btw, interesting fact for you guys:- The bones of a Hippopotamus were once found in Leeds. That's right! In 1851, workers were digging up sections of Leeds for regeneration works, when they came across massive bones that archeologists have since confirmed to be from an ancient hippo, who lived there around 100'000 years ago :typing:

Clash

Re: Dirty Leeds|Home|FA Cup|Monday 6th January|7.56pm KO

Post by Clash »

:lol: I like this new ''interesting fact'' addition to the match thread. We could all learn something :D

As for Leeds United. What a stupid name ''United'' is in football. How can the ... oh hang on I've already done that one! :oops:

Both teams likely not to field their strongest sides but home advantage and our shiny new amazing work rate should see us through to round 4 :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I hope Nketiah starts, and knocks them out of the cup.

That will teach Bielsa a lesson for not utilising our striker properly as a sub or when he gets his paltry few starts in the league. What a waste of a loan period.

How any sane manager could expect Eddie to lead the line on his own with no support from a number 10 (Bamford) in an away game to their closest promotion rivals is beyond me. You know in the Arsenal team with more quality, he will get a sackful of chances.

We've used more first team players in the Europa League this season up front, when all we needed to do was slot Eddie in. He would have got loads more game time for Arsenal since August.

That should be a warning to Arteta that Bielsa's brand of football doesn't match Arsenals and we should avoid future loan deals, especially with the likes of Smith Rowe looking to develop.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

7:56pm kick off? Is that correct or just a touch of facetiousness....? :lol:

Anyhoo 3-0 win to our kids and duds. Fuck dirty Leeds. Always disliked them as a club.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:04 am

That will teach Bielsa a lesson for not utilising our striker properly as a sub or when he gets his paltry few starts in the league. What a waste of a loan period.

How any sane manager could expect Eddie to lead the line on his own with no support from a number 10 (Bamford) in an away game to their closest promotion rivals is beyond me. You know in the Arsenal team with more quality, he will get a sackful of chances.

We've used more first team players in the Europa League this season up front, when all we needed to do was slot Eddie in. He would have got loads more game time for Arsenal since August.

That should be a warning to Arteta that Bielsa's brand of football doesn't match Arsenals and we should avoid future loan deals, especially with the likes of Smith Rowe looking to develop.
100% this. What a terrible waste of time that move was for Nketiah. Hopefully starts and a hat trick for him. 8)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

nut flush gooner wrote:

Work with a Leeds fan who cannot understand the lack of game time Nketiah got. This Leeds fan has no time for Bamford either.
Holding will surely start against Leeds along with some of the kids..Love the FA Cup but Arteta has to box clever with his selection on this one..
Hated Leedsas a youngster, hated them as much as Liverpool and Man U back then, their supporters in Ireland were as arrogant as the other two's back then.
Biggest thrill was the 7-0 League Cup win in 1979..Shut a few of them up in school.

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Clash wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:39 am
:lol: I like this new ''interesting fact'' addition to the match thread. We could all learn something :D

As for Leeds United. What a stupid name ''United'' is in football. How can the ... oh hang on I've already done that one! :oops:

Both teams likely not to field their strongest sides but home advantage and our shiny new amazing work rate should see us through to round 4 :barscarf:
Thank you! I thought it would be an interesting addition to the match threads, as well teaching us all a thing or two. Glad you like it :D

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:46 am

Anyhoo 3-0 win to our kids and duds. Fuck dirty Leeds. Always disliked them as a club.
Apparently so! I Googled "Arsenal Fixtures" and it came up as that. Possibly an error by whoever's put it up, but I found it funny either way :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:26 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Apparently so! I Googled "Arsenal Fixtures" and it came up as that. Possibly an error by whoever's put it up, but I found it funny either way :lol:
It's a mental wellness initiative spearheaded by Mr Tony Adams, that all fa Cup ties this weekend will start a minute later than normal

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:41 am
CloakedGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

It's a mental wellness initiative spearheaded by Mr Tony Adams, that all fa Cup ties this weekend will start a minute later than normal
Haha I thought you were joking but it's true! :lol:

What good will this achieve? A minute to reflect? :roll: Will it help people like SteveO get over his mental love of shit Inglish managers? Will it help rodders defeat his compulsive masturbation demons? Will it help augie's hair grow back?

Will it fuck. :wink:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:06 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:41 am
CloakedGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Haha I thought you were joking but it's true! :lol:

What good will this achieve? A minute to reflect? :roll: Will it help people like SteveO get over his mental love of shit Inglish managers? Will it help rodders defeat his compulsive masturbation demons? Will it help augie's hair grow back?

Will it fuck. :wink:
It might help your little Ewok ass stop being such a bully. :rubchin:

:D

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Winning is a habit and Leeds are a good side.

I would play our strongest team.

Personally i dont think the loan move was too bad for him, yes he didnt start but he was forced to make an impact each he came on and he often did. Hes not going to be a starter for us in the league so its a good lession for him.

2-0 to us.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:

Ohhh! Yesss, wouldn't THAT be sweet.

No coincidence maybe that Arteta and Edu decide to bring him back now...Who needs a ladder and Binoculars to check the oppo's tactics...which by the way, we all know will be dirty..

ps:

Interesting Fact Part 2:

Don Revie is Latin for Buncha DIRTY Sister Shagging CUNTBAGS :proudtosay:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:32 pm
3 nil 8)

Btw, interesting fact for you guys:- The bones of a Hippopotamus were once found in Leeds. That's right! In 1851, workers were digging up sections of Leeds for regeneration works, when they came across massive bones that archeologists have since confirmed to be from an ancient hippo, who lived there around 100'000 years ago :typing:
Have you seen the women in Leeds......you sure it wasn't just a mistake by the archeologists :rubchin: :lol:

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

Away win Mustafi is starting :barscarf: :barscarf: