Dirty Leeds|Home|FA Cup|Monday 6th January|7.56pm KO

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Dirty Leeds|Home|FA Cup|Monday 6th January|7.56pm KO

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:14 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:55 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:03 pm
The draw for the 4th round takes place on Monday night at the bowl before the Leeds game.

So making the draw we have two Arsenal legends - TA6 and Wrighty :barscarf: :barscarf:

Actually that's bollox it's fucking Alex Scott and o' leary :x :cussing:
Ffs is there no media dick this gormless vacuous cùnt won't suck rather than go get a fucking proper job? :roll: :censored:

If O'Leary is at the game and shit dirty Leeds fluke a win he can run the length of the pitch again celebrating like a cùnt. :censored:
Protesting a bit there mate.......you would wouldn't you? :wink: :D
:rubchin:

Scott or O'Leary? :lol:

It would have to be doggy style mate. Could not maintain the horn looking into her gormless eyes and vapid blank face. :wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:55 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:20 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:59 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:10 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:38 am

Always felt they were a horrible club, their CV for a "big club" isn't overly impressive. Three league titles, one FA Cup one League Cup and I think two Fairs Cups. Add in a relegation to the third tier of football and you see they are only above average historically. There was a myth built around them in the late 60s and early to mid 70s. They were a horrible, spiteful club on the pitch and also off it.
They were universally hated outside Leeds, and their fans left their mark in many cities and towns.
There is always the chance that Arsenal will be caught cold tomorrow with the inevitable changes and the fallout from the United game..Hope not and Leeds themselves may be taking no chances in this game with promotion the priority. Let's hammer these bastards and shut their fans up..
Leeds Utd were a great team early 70s absolutely no doubt about that...could play any way you liked...had some quality players
They were a strong team with talented players who could turn into nasty fuckers if needed. I wasn't doubting their quality but their trophy haul wasn't amazing considering how strong they were 1968 to 1975. They also lost four major finals in that period.
Thats not always a guide, they were considered very unlucky not to add at least the European cup, not sure if you saw them play but Giles and Bremner in midfield, the imperious Paul Madeley ... Im Arsenal but cant say they were not a great team...

Different game to today...players like Norman Hunter and Peter Storey around... :D
Never saw them play live, saw them on TV obviously and that was limited..I suppose they didn't play on an era when fourth was a trophy. But you are right football was so different then..
Yes mate...still dont like them or their fans....dont want that lot in the premier :D

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

They targetted the opponents best player and put them out of the game.
George Eastham was kicked over by Bremner and Bobby Collins ,and stamped on him breaking his leg at Highbury .
I will never forgive them.

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:16 pm
Ray C wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:48 am
Never liked these dirty bastards since their supporters threw darts at Bob Wilson from the North Bank back in the 60's. Anyone else still alive and kicking remember that ?.
1-0 to the Arsenal. :barscarf: :barscarf:
When did you start going Ray?
Never heard that one mate, my first games in 1970....what year was that any idea?
Arsenal fans late 60s early 1970s were a bit lively as well, the area was more working class a lot different to what it is now
Some decades ago before a league game against Leeds my lad played for the Junior Gunners against their Juniors in the JVC centre. After which the respective dads of both clubs were invited to play a game. That was fucking lively i can tell you!

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:03 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:55 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:20 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:59 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:10 pm

Leeds Utd were a great team early 70s absolutely no doubt about that...could play any way you liked...had some quality players
They were a strong team with talented players who could turn into nasty fuckers if needed. I wasn't doubting their quality but their trophy haul wasn't amazing considering how strong they were 1968 to 1975. They also lost four major finals in that period.
Thats not always a guide, they were considered very unlucky not to add at least the European cup, not sure if you saw them play but Giles and Bremner in midfield, the imperious Paul Madeley ... Im Arsenal but cant say they were not a great team...

Different game to today...players like Norman Hunter and Peter Storey around... :D
Never saw them play live, saw them on TV obviously and that was limited..I suppose they didn't play on an era when fourth was a trophy. But you are right football was so different then..
Yes mate...still dont like them or their fans....dont want that lot in the premier :D
We may cross each other on the way down this season so might not bother us :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:05 am
They targetted the opponents best player and put them out of the game.
George Eastham was kicked over by Bremner and Bobby Collins ,and stamped on him breaking his leg at Highbury .
I will never forgive them.
Fuckkin' Right.

They were Dirty scum then and always will be.

Their fans are evil inbred mother & sister raping cuntts, I sure I remember them starting the throwing of darts fad....then the sharpened coins in the then Div 1.

Don't want filth like them in the prem - Hope their ground burns down. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

augie

Post by augie »

If we intend taking the fa cup seriously this season (which I imagine we will be), then this is a game where we cannot rotate much (if at all). They are a team flying at the top of their division, whilst we are a team struggling for wins and low on confidence. Leno and laca are must starts for me, albeit for different reasons - Martinez is not good enough for a keeper, whilst laca needs game time and a goal. Martinelli should come in instead of auba, and holding should come in for luiz. Ideally I would like torreira and smith-rowe to start, but tbh I will be surprised if either starts

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

As a matter of interest, if this game was away, at this stage of our "development" under Arteta, would we even be in with a chance? :hmmthink:

Personally I think, maybe a hard fought win tonight, but I doubt we would win away?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:59 pm
Redarmy :- Arsenal May have had a few “ lively “ fans in those days but I don’t remember sharpening coins , putting razor blades in Oranges or throwing empty whisky bottles into the roof of the North Bank .
Things seemed to be more face to face with us rather than taking the cowards route like some mainly northern aggressors.

A11:M11 :- Dont remember razor blades, coins sharpened not saying it didnt happen

Arsenal mob was notorious at the time along with West Ham, area was a tough working class with a lot of Irish living there not gentrified as today

Remember the Whisky bottles shattering on the roof but that was Rangers fans, thousands of them arriving early in the morning,, think it was called a friendly :D

......guessing its 1968?
Last edited by Redarmy on Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:41 am
I remember O Leary taunting Pires after a game at Elland Rd around October 2000 Pires responded in French by calling O Leary a whore.. A brain dead Irish journalist tried to make a big deal out of it on the grounds that O Leary's father had recently died and Pires' actions were insulting to his memory.
I was a massive O Leary fan growing up but his behaviour after the 1-0 at Elland Rd in '99 and his "my babies" press conferences turned me off him. Saw him a few times on TV and he seems to live in this utopian dream world where everything is marvellous. " and as I say"..is his catchphrase.
:lol: and one of his other catchphrases: ''in the nicest possible way'' which he always said after some half-baked drivel where he thought he was being outspoken and critical :roll:

Like you, I always really like him in his playing days but I now put a lot of that down to not really knowing anything much about him.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Love the FA Cup despite much they have tried to ruin it, the Arsenal have a proud record in this competition.......was massive years ago...hopefully we will have too much for this Leeds team concentrating on promotion

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The bottles were Rangers whilst the coins were started by Leeds although I remember Leicester doing it at Filbert street many years later . The orange with the Wilkinson’s came down from Manchester.If you stopped the orange velocity kept the razor coming. Liverpool just crashed the turnstiles and shoved everyone out way so that they could get behind the goal sway with their scarves and sing their silly song .( a habit they still haven’t got out of ). Media luvvies .
Bottle ,brick and a walking stick common chant and all together from West Ham .
It was always a nice peaceful day out at the football .

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Fuck off Leeds. Bunch of dirty fuckers, still living in a five minute success period in the 70s and 1992. Supported by a bunch of fat, racist lager-lout thugs and very much the Chavs of the north.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Got a fiver on Eddie at 40/1 for the hat trick. Probably because he'll be on the bench for most of it lol. :lol: :mrgreen:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#afc XI: Martinez, Luiz, Sokratis, Holding, Nelson, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Kolasinac, Ozil, Lacazette, Pepe

Subs: Leno, Mavropanos, Ceballos, Willock, Saka, Martinelli, John-Jules

#ARSLEE | #FACup

https://t.co/6cNDeR2nL9