Palace (A) PL 11/01 @ 12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Palace (A) PL 11/01 @ 12:30

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:23 pm
Not every fouls a booking mate :wink: :lol:
Nope. But 7 cynical fouls is a couple of bookings by the totting up process. Ironic because in your world where Boomerangs challenge is a straight red then surely Ayew should be shot dead no? Maybe learn a bit about the game buddy? :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:07 pm
These players don't perform well for 90 mintues under this manager, the previous one, the one before him and the old c.unt before him, so I'm delighted to see everyone so hyper confident about the easy win!

Play like we did in the first half against the Mancs we'll be halfway to a decent result. Play like we did in the first half against Leeds or the second half against Chelsea and we'll be losing and playing catch up in the second half

I honestly don't know which team will turn up from half to half, let alone game to game.

1-1 on the basis of 45 excellent minutes, and 45 minutes of dog shit - at that point we'll have 28 points from 22 games (an average of 1.27 and a GD of minus 2) versus the 18 points from 13 games (an average of 1.38 and a GD of minus 1) when we fired Emery
Exactly as predicted. There's no improvement under this manager but I'm sure many will kid themselves......and before anyone starts on me.....its not his fault either. The same disgusting group of lazy overpaid turds have rolled up to grounds up and down the country for the previous three managers producing dog shit like that week in week out. Another away game where their keeper makes a maximum of 1 save per half. Another pathetic team (just like Bournemouth, Norwich) that we give confidence to by dropping off and doing nothing

Pep himself wouldn't get this team above mid-table. The sending off didn't make a shred of difference - we were utterly pathetic for 40 minutes before it happened
Last edited by SteveO 35 on Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:26 pm
I don't care that we went down to 10 men, this is crystal fcuking palace ffs :banghead: They are fcuking shit when full strength and today they were nowhere near full strength - we gotta aim higher than drawing with these c.unts
The lack of goals away from home by anyone other than Aubameyang is seriously worrying. I just couldn’t see anyone nicking a winner for us other there once he got sent off.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I was taking the piss DB, I questioned Ayew not being booked half way through the game.

No need to learn more about the game, I know what I see :box:

augie

Post by augie »

Last night rat faced Neville had a pop at the mentality of rice and the shammers players who feel that a draw at Sheffield united would have been a good result - what kind of mentality do our players had ? We sat deeper and deeper as the game went on, and that started before the red card ffs

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:30 pm
I was taking the piss DB, I questioned Ayew not being booked half way through the game.

No need to learn more about the game, I know what I see :box:
Um so was I mate! Thus the winky emoticon.

But yeah you still need to learn more. :D :wink:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I just don't understand not bringing in another CB. What we have are all utter shit. Saliba coming in is great but he's young and he can't be solid on his own!! Tets will pick Luiz and Sokratis again next game and we'll probably be just as bad. Also Tets thinks Xhaka is a great player? Fuck off, there's not a lot of hope when someone thinks that.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I'll try but I'll wait for you to catch up first..... 8) :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fucking hell lads. We are not going to turn into world beaters in a space of 5 games ffs. It will take at least one maybe two full seasons to even get to a top 4 level no matter who the manager is. We need to clear out half the team. We need to bring in proven talent not kids with "potential".

It's going to be a long road with lots of bumps banana skins and hitch hiking prostitutes with syphilis.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:35 pm
I'll try but I'll wait for you to catch up first..... 8) :wink:
:lol:

You might be waiting a while then.... I can't burn that many brain cells quickly. :lol: :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:30 pm
Last night rat faced Neville had a pop at the mentality of rice and the shammers players who feel that a draw at Sheffield united would have been a good result - what kind of mentality do our players had ? We sat deeper and deeper as the game went on, and that started before the red card ffs
And yet many thought we would sweep Palace aside - can't remember the last time we swept anyone aside away from home

We've gone backwards since Emery left - and you can look at any stat you like that confirms it

As you rightly say we were shite before the red card. Abysmal, boring, sterile performance. Reminded me of Wenger's last six months watching a team who can't beat anyone away from home

We've won 2 away games. A 1-0 against Bruce's Newcastle on the opening day when their whole fanbase was against them, and 3-1 at West Ham where we produced one decent 15 minute spell around 75 minutes of dog shit. How anyone thinks we will go anywhere and win by 3 or 4 is beyond me

Here's a tip for you......we will limp to a 1-1 draw against Bournemouth Reserves in the cup in 2 weeks time too

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

You might be waiting a while then.... I can't burn that many brain cells quickly. :lol: :wink:
Not when they are that hard to find :lol: :lol: :lol:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

How can people think that was a red card!

It was am attempt to get the ball only the other player had faster feet.

Sure let's take tackling out of the game altogether so

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:29 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:07 pm
These players don't perform well for 90 mintues under this manager, the previous one, the one before him and the old c.unt before him, so I'm delighted to see everyone so hyper confident about the easy win!

Play like we did in the first half against the Mancs we'll be halfway to a decent result. Play like we did in the first half against Leeds or the second half against Chelsea and we'll be losing and playing catch up in the second half

I honestly don't know which team will turn up from half to half, let alone game to game.

1-1 on the basis of 45 excellent minutes, and 45 minutes of dog shit - at that point we'll have 28 points from 22 games (an average of 1.27 and a GD of minus 2) versus the 18 points from 13 games (an average of 1.38 and a GD of minus 1) when we fired Emery
Exactly as predicted. There's no improvement under this manager but I'm sure many will kid themselves......and before anyone starts on me.....its not his fault either. The same disgusting group of lazy overpaid turds have rolled up to grounds up and down the country for the previous three managers producing dog shit like that week in week out. Another away game where their keeper makes a maximum of 1 save per half. Another pathetic team (just like Bournemouth, Norwich) that we give confidence to by dropping off and doing nothing

Pep himself wouldn't get this team above mid-table. The sending off didn't make a shred of difference - we were utterly pathetic for 40 minutes before it happened
It's not going to work....it just can't. We have a disjointed, erratic, low on confidence back four (because they are not good enough) and an invisible midfield. A midfield that hosts one of the highest (and laziest) players in the PL and one of the worst (Xhaka) And an untried manager who is just so happy to be there he'll basically take anything the club sticks him with. Do you honestly think he made any demands before he took the job??? His biggest "coup" so far has been to convince Xhaka to stay, boosting the feeling of entitlement of a player that shouldn't have been there in the first place. This is not going to work, we are officially a mid table team, who are going to be constantly yo yoing between 10th and 14th place in the table.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

We should bring emery back :lol:, if only Josh had read our forum, he would probably have hired who he thought we wanted, oh no that's not how it works.