Palace (A) PL 11/01 @ 12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
User avatar
SydneyGooner
Posts: 867
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:10 am

Re: Palace (A) PL 11/01 @ 12:30

Post by SydneyGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:22 pm
Craig Pawson failed to send Jorginho off for a second yellow when Arsenal played Chelsea. As a punishment, he was made fourth official for his next game. Now he’s overturned Aubameyang’s yellow to a red. #CRYARS https://t.co/12oFGEZ2YP
Pawson fucked up in not giving Jorginho a second yellow for his foul on Guendouzi but Aubameyang's tackle is a clear red card.

phpBB [video]

User avatar
herbert
Posts: 501
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:25 am
Location: london

Re: Palace (A) PL 11/01 @ 12:30

Post by herbert »

I see that the palace fans are taking stick for the var statement but fair play to ones who held up the VAR MUST GO part even during the red card incident

Started well and almost nicked it with Pepe hitting the post but it was not to be

Loving Mika as Arsenal manager and I think it will turn out that he is the right man for the job :barscarf:

User avatar
GoonerMuzz
Posts: 4061
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: Defending is optional

Re: Palace (A) PL 11/01 @ 12:30

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Setting aside whether Xhaka should be here or not what I think is telling is that with Torriera alongside him he is less prone to brain farts as I commented during the first half, whereas when Guendozi came on he reverted to type, and that is the problem in a nutshell.

Without Torriera to anchor things both players aren't good enough. Guendozi still has time to learn but he is not ready to play week in week out in that role yet, this is the one of the only footballing reasons I can see Xhaka being kept. Now with Torriera injured we have a serious problem at CDM if he is out for any length of time.

With the injuries in defence we may have a serious problem, potentially you could have had Chambers or Luiz step into the Torriera role to partner either of them but potentially we may be looking at a Xhaka/Guendozi partnership which terrifies me. Again whether we like it or not it might have been astute when Chambers got injured to convince Xhaka to stay for the rest of the season otherwise right now we'd have to play yet another player out of position, and I cant actually see who else would partner Guendozi there right now :rubchin:

User avatar
augie
Posts: 25723
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Palace (A) PL 11/01 @ 12:30

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:32 pm
Setting aside whether Xhaka should be here or not what I think is telling is that with Torriera alongside him he is less prone to brain farts as I commented during the first half, whereas when Guendozi came on he reverted to type, and that is the problem in a nutshell.

Without Torriera to anchor things both players aren't good enough. Guendozi still has time to learn but he is not ready to play week in week out in that role yet, this is the one of the only footballing reasons I can see Xhaka being kept. Now with Torriera injured we have a serious problem at CDM if he is out for any length of time.

With the injuries in defence we may have a serious problem, potentially you could have had Chambers or Luiz step into the Torriera role to partner either of them but potentially we may be looking at a Xhaka/Guendozi partnership which terrifies me. Again whether we like it or not it might have been astute when Chambers got injured to convince Xhaka to stay for the rest of the season otherwise right now we'd have to play yet another player out of position, and I cant actually see who else would partner Guendozi there right now :rubchin:



Once chambers diagnosis was confirmed, arteta should have been on the phone to Hertha within the hour telling them "money up front and he is yours" - I keep hearing that the centre back position should be the number 1 priority, so lets treat it as such. I keep hearing that arteta has fcuk all money to spend, so therefore he has to generate some - xhaka was the ONLY player that we have received a genuine offer for, so sell him and use the money to fix the number 1 priority centre back position. People keep saying that chambers injury has forced arteta to keep xhaka, but the opposite should be the case except arteta WANTS to keep him imo

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 28599
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: Palace (A) PL 11/01 @ 12:30

Post by OneBardGooner »

herbert wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:47 pm
I see that the palace fans are taking stick for the var statement but fair play to ones who held up the VAR MUST GO part even during the red card incident

Started well and almost nicked it with Pepe hitting the post but it was not to be

Loving Mika as Arsenal manager and I think it will turn out that he is the right man for the job :barscarf:
It was the same ones/fans mate.

For me VAR is ruining the game, but they have invested so much money in it - they won't drop it, also the other leagues Germany, Italy, Spain, France are using it, so we would be the only top league snot using it (which won't happen).

It seemed to be okay when they used it in the World cup, so I guess it is down to those who are using it. how it is being used and for what...the level of inconsistency and incompetence by those using it to check Prem league decisions is pathetic, but it is the likes of mike riley in charge and we all know he is fuckin Useless... he was a ref and so ..... :?

User avatar
northbank123
Posts: 12204
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:05 am
Location: Newcastle

Re: Palace (A) PL 11/01 @ 12:30

Post by northbank123 »

Xhaka looks like less of a car crash alongside Torreira because Arteta has clearly decided that Torreira is the one that should be dropping in to get the ball off the defenders. Not a bad idea to stop Xhaka getting the ball under pressure, although nowhere near as good an idea as selling him.

Cannon
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:03 pm

Re: Palace (A) PL 11/01 @ 12:30

Post by Cannon »

the problem is you can't sell xhaka and not replace him. he is the nearest thing we have to a deep lying playmaker type figure and although he executes the role very badly, when he's not in the team we get completely overrun. people are saying we should sell him and use the money on a CB, that's a bad idea. if you sell xhaka you need to replace him. not because he's a top player, but because he's the only one that can play that role within the system.

User avatar
GoonerMuzz
Posts: 4061
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: Defending is optional

Re: Palace (A) PL 11/01 @ 12:30

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Fuck me it's like the blind leading the blind on here sometimes, as shit as Xhaka is he is the only cover for that role currently, a role we desperately need filling because our defence is so bad but sure sell him and make the problem even worse by using some other idiot in a role which they are ill suited for in a system which requires putting in huge effort and tackles where most of our other snowflakes would end up being on the treatment table if someone so much as breathes on them, no matter how shit Xhaka is his injury record is actually better than most and what we really dont need is even more injuries.

If players come in during January then I'll be happy if the wanker never plays for us again but until then a note of reality is needed in that if Torreira is out for even a couple of games then we need the dickhead just to fill a spot if for no other reason than to prevent others having to do so and getting injured.

I suppose if push comes to shove we can bring Mustafi back into CB push Luiz into CDM but in reality is it any better to have Mustafi fucking up in defence or Xhaka at CDM, that unfortunately is the reality of where we're at, a choice between two equally shit players who shouldnt be here being first choice because the shit is truly hitting the fan.

But never mind Holding and Bellerin should be fully fit soon and give us more options :banghead:

User avatar
Herd
Posts: 6190
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:00 am

Re: Palace (A) PL 11/01 @ 12:30

Post by Herd »

Arteta has to go hes had more than 2 weeks and we still aren't top of the league.
Watching aftv robbie getting a 15 man escort out of the ground was a telling sign. Their end is nigh

Clash
Posts: 2547
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Re: Palace (A) PL 11/01 @ 12:30

Post by Clash »

Have to say that while I appreciate the workrate I see from Lacazette in a lot of games, he has to learn to stop fouling defenders so often when he does it. That doesnt help us at all.

Close them down by all means ... done sensibly it makes defenders rush their passes and often wins possession. But stop giving them free-kicks ffs :banghead: That just allows teams like Palace more opportunities to slow the game down and also to lump the ball forward. Drives me nuts :banghead:

Laca missed another good chance too after Pepe hit the post too. It was a good save from the keeper but a top striker scores from there I think. His finishing has never been brilliant but this season it has been pretty woeful.

User avatar
rodders999
Posts: 12263
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Diamond Club

Re: Palace (A) PL 11/01 @ 12:30

Post by rodders999 »

Clash wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:46 pm
Have to say that while I appreciate the workrate I see from Lacazette in a lot of games, he has to learn to stop fouling defenders so often when he does it. That doesnt help us at all.

Close them down by all means ... done sensibly it makes defenders rush their passes and often wins possession. But stop giving them free-kicks ffs :banghead: That just allows teams like Palace more opportunities to slow the game down and also to lump the ball forward. Drives me nuts :banghead:

Laca missed another good chance too after Pepe hit the post too. It was a good save from the keeper but a top striker scores from there I think. His finishing has never been brilliant but this season it has been pretty woeful.
Agree with that, love his work rate but as you say it results in a free kick to the opposition way too many times which just pisses away all his endeavours. He also needs to get himself on the score-sheet ASAP because his confidence in front of goal is completely shot to bits at the moment.

He was clean through at Bournmouth and didn't score, fluffed his lines badly when we were 1 up against the chavs that would have killed the game if it had gone in and as you say an in form, clinical striker, buries that rebound on Saturday.

That's a big points swing in our favour if he takes all those chances but alas it was not to be. Now with Auba out however, it's time for him to step up to the plate and start banging in goals again, because if he doesn't the next 3 games ain't gonna be pretty,

User avatar
Nos89
Posts: 3476
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:44 am

Re: Palace (A) PL 11/01 @ 12:30

Post by Nos89 »

We're a mid table side and getting the decision a mid-table side would normally get. I can only think of handful of games over the last 30 years when we've been to selhurst park and got a decent result. That includes the days when Charlton and Wimbledon were playing there. We were the better team on the day. Guendouzi actually did better this time coming on for torreira than i've seen for a while. AMN did well against Zaha. He's becoming a decent right back, don't think bellerin should be walking straight back into the starting line up. He stayed back and kept tabs on Zaha. it was a shoddy game but we started it well and ended it well. It's palace. It was never going to be a good game, especially when we are still looking for some consistency. We need a decent home win, give us a boost.
I remember in '92 after going out the cup at Wrexham we were awful for about a month, draws and loses for about 8 games and then smashed Sheffield Wednesday 7-1 out of nowhere. We then smashed everyone at home and finished 4th from mid table mediocracy. Next up Sheffield united.

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 28599
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: Palace (A) PL 11/01 @ 12:30

Post by OneBardGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:31 pm
I was going to watch this down the Old A with some mates tomorrow and I've just been told by the manager that the person schedules to cover emergencies from 8am to 4pm has just phoned in 'sick' that person(aka: GobshitCUNT) is a scouser..and gues what he's going to the scum game in London...

I know this from a very trusted source/ colleague...

So Plan A that will stitch the gobshiteCUNT up and maybe the tin tack... He is meant to be catching the train at 9am - get piccies of him boarding the train (in his liVARpool shirt & scarf ( a fellow Gooner has agreed to assist in this ) and send those piccies immediately to the manager?

What do you think? I am being a tad too vengeful? Or am I right to cut the CUNNTS Legs off from under him?


Votes & Opinions Please?


I mean I say Yes, purely for the fact that he's a gobshite scouseCUNT who is always giving it large about Klopp & Co.

However, it may cost him his job and he is one of the very few scouseCUNTS I know of who actually has a job.



:|
UP-DATE!!!!

Btw: Thank -you to all those whose very valuable input was taken into consideration when deciding what to do:

sO.

Carl (me Gooner Amigo) duly went to the (rail) station and there he witnessed the lying gobshite pretending to be ill scouse, with his liVARpool top and scarf on and a carrier bag full of cans.

Carl films him giving it large and laughing etc with his mates, ensuring he got the Time and Train Boarding Electronic Sign and Platform Number in and watched/Filmed the train pulling away.

Between then and now, it transpires that the scousecunt has 'pulled sickies' like this before, leaving colleagues to cover for him.
Those who do Emergency Cover get a bonus - whether any emergencies happen or not - so as such he has been getting extra money for not showing up. It just so happens there were no emergency calls/call-outs on Saturday, but it will be interesting to see what happens. Apparently because he leaves it till the last minute, he still gets the bonus, I didn't know that. ( No doubt that will hopefully now change).

Said video was sent to the Manager no one in the office knows Carl - so all sorted. As yet the scouse scumbag has no idea and is due back in this Friday, from what I can tell - He is walking into a Holy SHITSTORM. :D

I will let you know what happens.

Interesting(ish) fact number 1.

ALL SCOUSERS ARE CUNTTS.

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 47688
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: Palace (A) PL 11/01 @ 12:30

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:57 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:31 pm
I was going to watch this down the Old A with some mates tomorrow and I've just been told by the manager that the person schedules to cover emergencies from 8am to 4pm has just phoned in 'sick' that person(aka: GobshitCUNT) is a scouser..and gues what he's going to the scum game in London...

I know this from a very trusted source/ colleague...

So Plan A that will stitch the gobshiteCUNT up and maybe the tin tack... He is meant to be catching the train at 9am - get piccies of him boarding the train (in his liVARpool shirt & scarf ( a fellow Gooner has agreed to assist in this ) and send those piccies immediately to the manager?

What do you think? I am being a tad too vengeful? Or am I right to cut the CUNNTS Legs off from under him?


Votes & Opinions Please?


I mean I say Yes, purely for the fact that he's a gobshite scouseCUNT who is always giving it large about Klopp & Co.

However, it may cost him his job and he is one of the very few scouseCUNTS I know of who actually has a job.



:|
UP-DATE!!!!

Btw: Thank -you to all those whose very valuable input was taken into consideration when deciding what to do:

sO.

Carl (me Gooner Amigo) duly went to the (rail) station and there he witnessed the lying gobshite pretending to be ill scouse, with his liVARpool top and scarf on and a carrier bag full of cans.

Carl films him giving it large and laughing etc with his mates, ensuring he got the Time and Train Boarding Electronic Sign and Platform Number in and watched/Filmed the train pulling away.

Between then and now, it transpires that the scousecunt has 'pulled sickies' like this before, leaving colleagues to cover for him.
Those who do Emergency Cover get a bonus - whether any emergencies happen or not - so as such he has been getting extra money for not showing up. It just so happens there were no emergency calls/call-outs on Saturday, but it will be interesting to see what happens. Apparently because he leaves it till the last minute, he still gets the bonus, I didn't know that. ( No doubt that will hopefully now change).

Said video was sent to the Manager no one in the office knows Carl - so all sorted. As yet the scouse scumbag has no idea and is due back in this Friday, from what I can tell - He is walking into a Holy SHITSTORM. :D

I will let you know what happens.

Interesting(ish) fact number 1.

ALL SCOUSERS ARE CUNTTS.
TOP work Agent OneBard. 8) Fuck the victim thief bastard. 8)

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 28599
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: Palace (A) PL 11/01 @ 12:30

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:33 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:57 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:31 pm
I was going to watch this down the Old A with some mates tomorrow and I've just been told by the manager that the person schedules to cover emergencies from 8am to 4pm has just phoned in 'sick' that person(aka: GobshitCUNT) is a scouser..and gues what he's going to the scum game in London...

I know this from a very trusted source/ colleague...

So Plan A that will stitch the gobshiteCUNT up and maybe the tin tack... He is meant to be catching the train at 9am - get piccies of him boarding the train (in his liVARpool shirt & scarf ( a fellow Gooner has agreed to assist in this ) and send those piccies immediately to the manager?

What do you think? I am being a tad too vengeful? Or am I right to cut the CUNNTS Legs off from under him?


Votes & Opinions Please?


I mean I say Yes, purely for the fact that he's a gobshite scouseCUNT who is always giving it large about Klopp & Co.

However, it may cost him his job and he is one of the very few scouseCUNTS I know of who actually has a job.



:|
UP-DATE!!!!

Btw: Thank -you to all those whose very valuable input was taken into consideration when deciding what to do:

sO.

Carl (me Gooner Amigo) duly went to the (rail) station and there he witnessed the lying gobshite pretending to be ill scouse, with his liVARpool top and scarf on and a carrier bag full of cans.

Carl films him giving it large and laughing etc with his mates, ensuring he got the Time and Train Boarding Electronic Sign and Platform Number in and watched/Filmed the train pulling away.

Between then and now, it transpires that the scousecunt has 'pulled sickies' like this before, leaving colleagues to cover for him.
Those who do Emergency Cover get a bonus - whether any emergencies happen or not - so as such he has been getting extra money for not showing up. It just so happens there were no emergency calls/call-outs on Saturday, but it will be interesting to see what happens. Apparently because he leaves it till the last minute, he still gets the bonus, I didn't know that. ( No doubt that will hopefully now change).

Said video was sent to the Manager no one in the office knows Carl - so all sorted. As yet the scouse scumbag has no idea and is due back in this Friday, from what I can tell - He is walking into a Holy SHITSTORM. :D

I will let you know what happens.

Interesting(ish) fact number 1.

ALL SCOUSERS ARE CUNTTS.
TOP work Agent OneBard. 8) Fuck the victim thief bastard. 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Why Thank You Kind Sir, Every Little Helps Us Rid The World Of These "Victim Thief Bastards".


:high5:

Post Reply