Chav ringpieces A Tue 21st KO 815pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
oaodan

Re: Chav ringpieces A Tue 21st KO 815pm

Post by oaodan »

Not ignoring the shit around him but Luiz is an amazingly thick fucker.With all his experience he still does the stupidest thing he could do,red card and penalty.If he tried a slide tackle he may have got a block in or got a piece of the ball,Abraham didn't look all that composed at that stage and dipstick was back on the line.Once Luiz went for a kind of a rugby tackle,he made it an easy decision.Years ago centre halves got smarter with age and experience and learned to read a situation.Maybe it's just d guys we buy,but they seem to become more rash and unreliable the more they play.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Augie I've said on here a few times that part of the business model for the club moving forward will be exactly that - buy young players in for relatively little outlay and flip them a few years later for mega bucks - aka the Anelka model,.

Martinelli certainly falls into that category, as does Guendouzi to a lesser extent.

However you're right in saying that this won't be done in the short term and we don't need to shit our pants about him leaving any time soon, you're looking at a minimum of three seasons before he goes, but if he continues to develop into the world class player he's threatening to become then he will 100% be off to Spain at some point for serious cash.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:35 am
Augie I've said on here a few times that part of the business model for the club moving forward will be exactly that - buy young players in for relatively little outlay and flip them a few years later for mega bucks - aka the Anelka model,.

Martinelli certainly falls into that category, as does Guendouzi to a lesser extent.

However you're right in saying that this won't be done in the short term and we don't need to shit our pants about him leaving any time soon, you're looking at a minimum of three seasons before he goes, but if he continues to develop into the world class player he's threatening to become then he will 100% be off to Spain at some point for serious cash.

And I'm not disagreeing with you on any of that reasoning, but what I am saying to people is let's enjoy watching him play for us instead of worrying about him leaving already.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Regarding the martinelli Spanish journey topic.

Does anyone know why PL teams don't have those 100mil buy out clauses in player contracts?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:08 pm
Fucking proud to be a gooner tonight. We didn’t fucking lie down we stood up and fought and took now fucking shit.

Long time waiting to see that type of battle.

My PC died last night, so missed the game. But on 5LIVE they were saying the team down to 10 men were showing right fight & grit just like the old days.

Just saw Martinelli's goal on YT - He's Only 18yrs of age and cost £7Million with 10 Goals in 11 Appearances, some of which are from the Subs bench. :shock:

What a find he is - Need to ensure we look after him and ensure he is signed up to a proper & rewarding deal. I know the fans on here are still divided on Arteta, but for sure had we been playing under Unai Emery we would have been smashed 4 or 5 Nil after the sending off, so for me regardless of any reservations etc, he has got the Team playing as a Team and All the players (even Mustafi - though he will never be good enough for Arsenal) has Confidence & Belief and It Shows.

YES! Fuckk OFF you chavCUNTS

Loving the Banter in the office today! :D :box:

COME ON "THE" ARSENAL! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:48 am
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:35 am

And I'm not disagreeing with you on any of that reasoning, but what I am saying to people is let's enjoy watching him play for us instead of worrying about him leaving already.
Agreed. He is the most exciting thing about watching the team at the moment, unbelievable talent and attitude and a clinical finisher to cap it all off. A joy to watch and when Auba returns from suspension he should keep his place in the team at the expense of Lacazette or Pepe.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:54 am
rodders999 wrote:
Fucking proud to be a gooner tonight. We didn’t fucking lie down we stood up and fought and took now fucking shit.

My PC died last night, so missed the game. But on 5LIVE they were saying the team down to 10 men were showing right fight & grit just like the old days.

Just saw Martinelli's goal on YT - He's Only 18yrs of age and cost £7Million with 10 Goals in 11 Appearances, some of which are from the Subs bench. :shock:

What a find he is - Need to ensure we look after him and ensure he is signed up to a proper & rewarding deal. I know the fans on here are still divided on Arteta, but for sure had we been playing under Unai Emery we would have been smashed 4 or 5 Nil after the sending off, so for me regardless of any reservations etc, he has got the Team playing as a Team and All the players (even Mustafi - though he will never be good enough for Arsenal) has Confidence & Belief and It Shows.

YES! Fuckk OFF you chavCUNTS

Loving the Banter in the office today! :D :box:

can't agree on that.

As keown rightly pointed out, he looks frightened every time he has the ball because he knows he has a mistake in him.

but can agree that he is absolute dog shit

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

just watched the highlights and can't understand how their second goal stood.

Abraham was coming from an offside position and blocking the view of the defending players

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

herbert

Post by herbert »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:37 am
herbert wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:26 am
Brilliant finishes from Bellerin and Martinelli but Xhaka was my MOM by a long way

The shouting pointing organisation and encouragement he was giving out especially in the 2nd half would have made TA proud
Woahhh, slow down. Xhaka didn't do anything special. If you are comparing him last night with the usual level of shiteness he serves up then I agree, but MOM no way.

We concede way too many goals, the finger can easily be pointed at the likes of Mustafi and Luiz, but its also down to the CDMs to provide that defensive shield.

For me Martinelli was MOM, he had Chelski running scared and I didn't realise he was that quick. Yeah he got a bit of luck with Kante slipping but you cannot take away from the run and composed finish under severe pressure.

Apparently hes under contract until 2024 on a salary of £1.1m pa. 1/15th of what Ozil earns. The first thing we need to do this summer is improve his contract and make sure when he does leave for the likes of Barca or RM we get top dollar for him. He is that good. I am more excited at this prospect than I was with Anelka.
He didn do anything special? if your talking about with the ball then no he didnt do anything special but off the ball and off the camera he organised and encouraged the team and that helped to put us in a position for Bellerin and Martinelli to do something special and get us something from the game
I will say it again Xhaka my mom by a country mile

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:20 am

Abraham was coming from an offside position and blocking the view of the defending players

I questioned that at the time too - the cross was literally a yard away from Abraham and he had to move out of the way to avoid it hitting him, so how can he not be deemed to be interfering with play ?? :shock: :shock:

markyp

Post by markyp »

Will people ffs stop comparing this Arsenal team to the invincibles or the great ones before that,every everybody knows we arent at that level again yet,we are hopefully on the start of a journey back,just enjoy the results when they happen instead of this pathetic negativity, Yes I know where we are isnt good enough and its not acceptable but all this negativity all the fucking time.some of you see hate to see us do well,the slagging of xhaka is an embarrassment for a start,we know he isnt Vieira but under Arteta there has been 100% improvement,stop always looking for negatives.every single goal ever conceded is from a mistake by the opposition,it isnt just Arsenal players making mistakes,every single team have to make a mistake to concede,I guess Chelsea need a whole new squad after letting martinelli run from one end to the other to slot home and by not closing down bellerin?? Stop over analysing the bad,be happy for the good we are seeing in glimpses,it really wont break your face to crack a smile

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:20 am

A pleyer would be deemed offside if he has intention to play the ball and either has played it or has gone towards to deceive opponents. The ball coming towards him and him moving out (to not be off) is part of play as he didn't have the aforementioned.

Same would be for handball - if he has moved it out of the way (like Saka did twice) it's considered him trying not to handball it.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:54 am
rodders999 wrote:

Hope Edu keeps returning with these type of players - Martinelli is, by far one of the best u-20 in the league, if not the best. Bold statement but i stand by it.