Bournemouth|Away|FA Cup|Monday 27th January|8pm KO

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clash

Re: Bournemouth|Away|FA Cup|Monday 27th January|8pm KO

Post by Clash »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:57 pm
That keeper needs to be binned off ASAP. Rushing off his line like fucking Flappy every time.
Yeah that’s the one big concern for me from tonight.

If we get through the Portsmouth tie then there’s a real chance to win the cup and we can’t afford to pick that clown because of some nonsense policy of choosing your 2nd choice keeper in the cups.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:01 pm
Progress in the cups is about the only pleasure this club gives me these days. on to Fratton Park :barscarf:
My Dad, God rest his soul played at fratton park so it has a massive personal pull to me.

I played many times at the RN stadium which is in close proximity and whenever pompey were playing it took us an age to get to the ground.

My mum is from southsea and I have two brothers from my mums side that are pompey supporters so this is full on rivalry but a respectful one.

Clash

Post by Clash »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:09 pm
Leyton Gooner wrote:
Progress in the cups is about the only pleasure this club gives me these days. on to Fratton Park :barscarf:
My Dad, God rest his soul played at fratton park so it has a massive personal pull to me.

I played many times at the RN stadium which is in close proximity and whenever pompey were playing it took us an age to get to the ground.

My mum is from southsea and I have two brothers from my mums side that are pompey supporters so this is full on rivalry but a respectful one.
Nice one mate

Midz

Post by Midz »

Great first half, not so good in the second. Eddie Howe must have shouted louder than Arteta at half time.
Still, a good win and up next Pompey.

Well done Arsenal.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Reality is Bournemouth were shocking in the first half, really poor gave Arsenal so much time and space, Saka was on his own over on the left wing

Scored 2 good goals gave away a poor one, when Bournemouth got up a head of steam they worried Arsenal

Pleased with the result, but still a lot to work on

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Clash wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:11 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:09 pm
Leyton Gooner wrote:

Nice one mate
Cheers Clash, actually after a couple of beers watching The Arsenal (who my Dad was a massive fan) itsmade me just a tad more than emotional now, miss the man, he was the best of men.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:00 pm
Guendouzi is a complete shithouse....

and I love him for it! :twisted: 8)
Nutty was too.

Saka is doing excellent for an 18 year old playing out of position - we knew he had that kind of shot in him, but hes also learning discipline and work rate for the team.

If KT comes back, he can play left mid easily in a parlour type role.

Eddie did great and it sounds like willock had another good game, along with dozer and Martinelli.

So the young core of the team is looking good for the future.

The unbeaten run continues :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Arsenal have gone eight games without defeat away from home in all competitions (W2 D6 L0), their longest unbeaten run on the road since September-December 2018 (a run of nine).
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta, speaking to BBC Sport: "Very pleased. It's always tough to come here and win, and we've done it with a young team as well.

"I have a lot of faith in them. I think they are developing really well. They are willing and hungry and will only get better. We analyse opponents and try to generate situations that are favourable for our players.
:shock:

Cannon

Post by Cannon »

from not being able to string 3 passes together to 22 passes for our first goal tonight. we're slowly gaining confidence and imposing ourselves.

UTA

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Saka improves with every match he plays & should develop more in the future. Sometimes playing a player "out of position", in his case full back, can develop the side of the game that is missing from that player. Also his great first time ball control seems to give him more time on the ball when being pressed out from defence. The others in back for on the other hand look clumsy & look like they are about to lose the ball every time they receive a pass. Please someone tell Pepe to use the main advantage he has over most defenders he meets (speed), & just put his fuckin head down & take them on. It aint fuckin rocket science !!.
Nice little result but it all got a bit scary at the end. Now for Pompy. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Tired of listening to every small fucking club's fans thinking it is cool and clever to sing "same old Arsenal always cheating "..Hopefully they felt stupid last night when the cheater was being carried off on a stretcher.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:43 pm
Tired of listening to every small fucking club's fans thinking it is cool and clever to sing "same old Arsenal always cheating "..Hopefully they felt stupid last night when the cheater was being carried off on a stretcher.
Yeah it's fucking stupid and tedious tbh. We should sing back "same old small clubs - always whinging". :box:

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:38 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Yeah it's fucking stupid and tedious tbh. We should sing back "same old small clubs - always whinging". :box:
That's even more pathetic ! I prefer to sneak into the home end at half time and have a shit on someone's seat whilst the occupant is downstairs having a delicious cup of Bovril. Problem is in cold weather the steamy mists can give the game away.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Herd wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:37 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
That's even more pathetic ! I prefer to sneak into the home end at half time and have a shit on someone's seat whilst the occupant is downstairs having a delicious cup of Bovril. Problem is in cold weather the steamy mists can give the game away.
Was that where the song came from ?

Oh when the reds, go steaming in ?

Herd

Post by Herd »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:04 pm
Herd wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:37 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
Was that where the song came from ?

Oh when the reds, go steaming in ?
I was down there on Monday ,went to see mum got a front door key went on the piss with my older sister who now lives with mum, went to the Iford got pissed turned up 15mins b4 kick off without a ticket ,blagged one went to the pub after and rocked up plastered at midnight . mum told me off for being so drunk,in my 60's and still getting told off by mum !