Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
falkirk goon
Posts: 2809
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:33 am
Location: In a darkened room

Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

Post by falkirk goon »

Thought I would put this up sharpish to at least try and erase that shite today out of our minds :lol: Two absolutely shite sides level on 31pts..from 25 games :barscarf: Absolute shite oh and that's what the game will be :barscarf: :barscarf:

User avatar
Bradywasking
Posts: 5680
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:14 am

Re: Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

Post by Bradywasking »

Scoreless draw with both teams struggling to be scoreless.. Or, or Andy Carroll to get off his deathbed to score the winner with a free header.

Gunner Rob
Posts: 6022
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

Post by Gunner Rob »

5-0 win :D

Martinelli hat trick, Mustafi produces a defensive masterclass. :lol:

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 28405
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:42 am
5-0 win :D

Martinelli hat trick, Mustafi produces a defensive masterclass. :lol:

:rubchin: . :rubchin: . :rubchin:

Yeah! FuckIt why not!?

5 - NIL to THE Arsenal. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

User avatar
Midz
Posts: 2578
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:36 pm
Location: Gabba Gabba Hey!!

Re: Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

Post by Midz »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:42 am
5-0 win :D

Martinelli hat trick, Mustafi produces a defensive masterclass. :lol:
Can we all have some of whatever you've been drinking/smoking please? :barscarf:

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 16722
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

Post by SteveO 35 »

Two of the most boring teams in the league come face to face for one of the most meaningless matches of the season

0-0 or 1-1. 30 minutes of looking good. 60 minutes of looking shit

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 47530
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

Post by DB10GOONER »

Meh.

User avatar
sk-gtfo
Posts: 1714
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:59 pm
Location: Staying away

Re: Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

Post by sk-gtfo »

Does anyone really still care?.

:twisted: :censored:

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 28405
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

Post by OneBardGooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:10 pm
Does anyone really still care?.

:twisted: :censored:
If you really as in 'Truly' no longer care, why are you posting on the up and coming game thread? I'm not having a go but I am curious as to why if there are (along with your good self) any other Gooners who genuinely don't care anymore and if so why bother coming on a Gooner forum?

There's a part of me that really doesn't 'want' to care, but having followed The Arsenal since I was a child; like many others I'm sure, but I just cannot put it out of my mind, heart, life like one does when divorced or whatever.

I hate the fact that I can't just walk away, but would be interested to know if others can or have done? :|

Topside Northbank
Posts: 479
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:06 am

Re: Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

Post by Topside Northbank »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:31 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:10 pm
Does anyone really still care?.

:twisted: :censored:
If you really as in 'Truly' no longer care, why are you posting on the up and coming game thread? I'm not having a go but I am curious as to why if there are (along with your good self) any other Gooners who genuinely don't care anymore and if so why bother coming on a Gooner forum?

There's a part of me that really doesn't 'want' to care, but having followed The Arsenal since I was a child; like many others I'm sure, but I just cannot put it out of my mind, heart, life like one does when divorced or whatever.

I hate the fact that I can't just walk away, but would be interested to know if others can or have done? :|
Well decades of supporting Arsenal and back in the day going home and away and the result really making or breaking my weekend or midweek the last few seasons I have felt a real change,apathy towards those that run us and acceptance of mediocracy.

Yes I care to a point,get frustrated at times but above all now I just accept we are not the club we used to be and of course I had many years of follwing us being crap or average like you and many on here have done.But I cared a lot more than I do now,yesterday I sat nonplussed watching the Burnley game and it's a feeling I am having more regularly.

Maybe it's an age thing or just modern football but Arsenal will always be a part of me but I have come to accept that I just don't feel the emotional investment I used to....can't speak for anyone else but a lifelong Arsenal supporting mate has often said the same the last few seasons.

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 28405
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

Post by OneBardGooner »

Topside Northbank wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:47 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:31 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:10 pm
Does anyone really still care?.

:twisted: :censored:
If you really as in 'Truly' no longer care, why are you posting on the up and coming game thread? I'm not having a go but I am curious as to why if there are (along with your good self) any other Gooners who genuinely don't care anymore and if so why bother coming on a Gooner forum?

There's a part of me that really doesn't 'want' to care, but having followed The Arsenal since I was a child; like many others I'm sure, but I just cannot put it out of my mind, heart, life like one does when divorced or whatever.

I hate the fact that I can't just walk away, but would be interested to know if others can or have done? :|
Well decades of supporting Arsenal and back in the day going home and away and the result really making or breaking my weekend or midweek the last few seasons I have felt a real change,apathy towards those that run us and acceptance of mediocracy.

Yes I care to a point,get frustrated at times but above all now I just accept we are not the club we used to be and of course I had many years of follwing us being crap or average like you and many on here have done.But I cared a lot more than I do now,yesterday I sat nonplussed watching the Burnley game and it's a feeling I am having more regularly.

Maybe it's an age thing or just modern football but Arsenal will always be a part of me but I have come to accept that I just don't feel the emotional investment I used to....can't speak for anyone else but a lifelong Arsenal supporting mate has often said the same the last few seasons.
I was wondering that myself. I still go ballistic crazy (even if it's just watching on TV etc) when we score, but it is like when I used to also live to go to Gigs...I would think of nothing to queue over-night (on one occasion 2 nights & 3 days) for tickets for certain bands ...now I am very selective whom I spend my money, time and energy on. Admittedly I have seen all those I regard as my musical heroes.. bar one :? :cry:

I remember seeing Bergkamp play for the first time and thinking to myself God has come to earth - God has come to Highbury....and even though I LOve Arsenal FC - My wiser self (if there is such a thing) also reminds me the owner is a cuuntt and doesn't give a fuckk, and there are also players who have no a clue what real "Passion & Pride" are to play for THE Arsenal.


I live in hope that things might and can change... :barscarf:

User avatar
sk-gtfo
Posts: 1714
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:59 pm
Location: Staying away

Re: Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

Post by sk-gtfo »

Yeah I guess I do care but to simplify things it used to be 10/10 care now it's more like 2/10 and heading towards 1.

:censored:

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 47530
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

Post by DB10GOONER »

Similar here. The last 10 years of Wenger's reign, and the move to the Conglomerates Lego Bowl, and maybe even the change of crest, have all added up to make me feel more distant from the club, more disenfranchised.

I used to travel over for 10 to 12 home games and a couple of aways a season. Would also do a couple of European aways each year. Lived in London in 90-92 and went to every game in that 91 season. Spent thousands and thousands over a 30 year period travelling to games. Even have the Arsenal tattooed on both shoulders and my back.

A win used to make my week. A loss would put me in despair for days.

Maybe it's a getting older thing or the fact the game is not as enjoyable to watch anymore but now while I'm happy if we win I find I'm nowhere near as upset at a loss. I'm more just bored and sick of the tedium. Haven't been over at all this season and not sure I'll bother tbh.

Strangely even with all the success that Wenger's first decade brought us I still much more enjoyed the success under George. Maybe because I was young and free and had a good disposable income and went to a lot more games.

The one aberration to all that though was the 2014 FA Cup final. I was absolutely deliriously happy that day. 8) Probably the 9 year wait for a trophy. :wink:

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 47530
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

Post by DB10GOONER »

*making an effort to give a fuck*

I think we'll win this one. The toon are rubbish. We are less rubbish. The Theory of Attrition dictates we will win 2-1. :D

User avatar
GoonerMuzz
Posts: 3950
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: Defending is optional

Re: Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Hmm Arsenal FC the only club that can make you apathetic and still care at the same time :wink:

As above 0-0 or 1-1 borefest as the seemingly endless season continues :rubchin:

Post Reply