Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wilson2.0

Re: Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

Post by wilson2.0 »

String some wins together and you can make a real charge up the ladder. Tottenham are in 5th and 6 points clear of us - its not impossible to snatch 5th spot and take advantage of Man City's ban.

Do we have it in us to win the next 5 games in a row against teams that are below us in the league

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:58 am
String some wins together and you can make a real charge up the ladder. Tottenham are in 5th and 6 points clear of us - its not impossible to snatch 5th spot and take advantage of Man City's ban.

Do we have it in us to win the next 5 games in a row against teams that are below us in the league
No

markyp

Post by markyp »

What's with all the positivity around here???am I in the right place??!baby steps,baby steps :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:58 am

Everton, West Ham, Brighton, Southampton and Norwich all winnable games

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Matteo Guendouzi was left out of the Arsenal squad against Newcastle after a heated row with Mikel Arteta and members of his coaching staff during the club’s winter training camp in Dubai.

https://t.co/hOmGFDSdF7

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:23 am
Matteo Guendouzi was left out of the Arsenal squad against Newcastle after a heated row with Mikel Arteta and members of his coaching staff during the club’s winter training camp in Dubai.

There have been previous rumblings about his attitude and behavior which set the alarm bells ringing and this seems to confirm things even further. If we were offered decent money in the summer I'd bin him off.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:45 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

There have been previous rumblings about his attitude and behavior which set the alarm bells ringing and this seems to confirm things even further. If we were offered decent money in the summer I'd bin him off.

Strong rumour that one of the Coaching team told him he needs to get his hair 'out of the way' as in, it is a distraction...and he took Umbridge at that and from there is escalated rather quickly when a few of the players made fun (Banter - nothing nasty)...

I say just hold the fuckker down and shave his head.

SORRRTED!! :D :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:45 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

He always carries this 'hard done by look'. He could well develop into a good player but his attitude needs work.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Guendouzi will be singled out by Arteta because he was Emery's boy, there is no consistency with him, he will pander to Ozil, Mustafi & Xhaka because they are Wenger's babies but try to act the big man to anyone else.

I hope it splits the dressing room in time & Arteta gets what he deserves.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:14 pm
Guendouzi will be singled out by Arteta because he was Emery's boy, there is no consistency with him, he will pander to Ozil, Mustafi & Xhaka because they are Wenger's babies but try to act the big man to anyone else.

Ooooooooh Kaaaaaayy.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Gunnersaurus wrote:

What a twatty comment ,why would you want the bloke who is finally addressing all the problems at the club to get what he deserves?you want players to run a mock like the wenger era?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunnersaurus wrote:

What good would that achieve?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Most of it has been covered but special mentions for Saka who was superb at times and Ozil and Ceballos who both placed some superb passes and linked the play really well.

Special needs mention for Xhakatard whose only contribution in the first half was to get booked early on for pulling the jersey of a bloke that didn't have the ball out on the touchline up by the halfway line. The guy has the brains of a chair. :roll:

Yes we still require a lot of work but I enjoyed that game yesterday. Haven't said that in a while. 8)

HerbertChapman

Post by HerbertChapman »

Gunnersaurus wrote:

Exactly the kind of stupid and childlike comment that I've been referring to lately. Some of you really are fucking clueless! :roll: :lol: :lol:

Cannon

Post by Cannon »

mcdowell42 wrote:

get rid. he's not at the level where he warrants stress and headache.

when he first burst on the scene he was great but he's slowly eroded into a different, disappointing player. clearly a guy with huge potential but if he's gonna be a nuisance then get rid and reinvest the money, we need to generate funds anyway. with rumours swirling that arteta wants to bolster CM and us being linked with a number of b2b midfielders recently i can definitely see him leaving.