Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: Barcodes H Sun 16th Feb KO 1630

Post by mcdowell42 »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:14 pm
Guendouzi will be singled out by Arteta because he was Emery's boy, there is no consistency with him, he will pander to Ozil, Mustafi & Xhaka because they are Wenger's babies but try to act the big man to anyone else.

I hope it splits the dressing room in time & Arteta gets what he deserves.

Haven't you home work you should be finishing :D

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

HerbertChapman wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:46 pm
Gunnersaurus wrote:
Guendouzi will be singled out by Arteta because he was Emery's boy, there is no consistency with him, he will pander to Ozil, Mustafi & Xhaka because they are Wenger's babies but try to act the big man to anyone else.

Exactly the kind of stupid and childlike comment that I've been referring to lately. Some of you really are fucking clueless! :roll: :lol: :lol:

Are you suggesting Arteta doesnt view some players differently to others? That's mind blowing, Ozil was ok yesterday but previous to this hes been not worthy of a start yet the manager has even taken to creating phantom assists to make excuses for him & his inclusion, same with Lacazette.

HerbertChapman

Post by HerbertChapman »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:32 pm
HerbertChapman wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:46 pm
Gunnersaurus wrote:

Exactly the kind of stupid and childlike comment that I've been referring to lately. Some of you really are fucking clueless! :roll: :lol: :lol:

Are you suggesting Arteta doesnt view some players differently to others? That's mind blowing, Ozil was ok yesterday but previous to this hes been not worthy of a start yet the manager has even taken to creating phantom assists to make excuses for him & his inclusion, same with Lacazette.
I don't exactly know how Arteta views anything. Neither do you and neither does anyone else outside of the club. You (and others alike) are bashing the bloke because he is doing something that you don't agree with. Maybe he just knows a bit more of the bigger picture than we do?

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Well we do tbf by the way hes continued to pick Ozil every week, if that doesnt tell you all you need to know I dont know what to say.

He's even invented a new metric to shield him 'should have been assists' is a new one that even the virgins who still think Ozil is world class were impressed with.

HerbertChapman

Post by HerbertChapman »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:44 pm
Well we do tbf by the way hes continued to pick Ozil every week, if that doesnt tell you all you need to know I dont know what to say.

He's even invented a new metric to shield him 'should have been assists' is a new one that even the virgins who still think Ozil is world class were impressed with.
As I said, he's doing something that you don't like or agree with but only have your own, one eyed summation as to why he's doing it. You don't know, I don't know, the press don't know.

It may be the case that he's being told to play them. He is only the first team coach after all, NOT the Manager as things used to be.

To reiterate my point one last time.....

We don't know!

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

It's not a case of me liking or agreeing with, you cant tell anyone that Ozil has been worthy of a starting place based on anything other than his name if you are judging him on performance, that alone tells you all you need to know.

His stats have been on the decline for years, he downed tools for Emery, didn't try for Freddie, was put straight back in & hasn't been good at all, that is nothing to do with me liking it or not.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Well.....a 4-0 win can't be scoffed at (especially when its only your 2nd win in 9 since the miracle man took over) but it would be nice if we didn't have to endure 45 minutes of tedium every time we take to the field

Ancelotti's Everton up next and that's a big test as he has got them up above us in the table (when Emery got the boot we were 8th and they were 16th)

Talk of 4th or even 5th is fanciful for me, but I would like Europa League football next season so its important we take the cups seriously and do enough to hold out for top 7. Still think its a tall order in the league and would rather focus on the cups

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Midz wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:39 pm

He always carries this 'hard done by look'. He could well develop into a good player but his attitude needs work.
You do know he is FRENCH right ?

:rubchin:

I like Dozer, he works hard, has plenty of passion and spiwit, but he needs discipline as i said above.

He can either be another 'le sulk' and fuck off to spain, or get his head down. He cost us nothing, so its a win win either way.

markyp

Post by markyp »

HerbertChapman wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:56 pm
Gunnersaurus wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:44 pm

As I said, he's doing something that you don't like or agree with but only have your own, one eyed summation as to why he's doing it. You don't know, I don't know, the press don't know.

It may be the case that he's being told to play them. He is only the first team coach after all, NOT the Manager as things used to be.

To reiterate my point one last time.....

We don't know!
Why wouldnt you pick ozil? after yesterday's performance it was justified,why would he pick guendouzi the guy is utter shit! why wouldnt he play xhaka we literally have nobody else to fill that position.why wouldnt you play mustafi and luiz those 2 especially under arteta have been solid as any defence out there.this agenda you think arteta has is in your head,artetas only agenda is to pick the best team ,so far hes managed 10,weve lost 1,becoming hard to beat and hard to score against but for some reason you have hard on for emery?

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

How many has he won?

HerbertChapman

Post by HerbertChapman »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:04 pm
How many has he won?
How many has he lost?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Gunnersaurus wrote:

Ffs Really?? :lol: :lol:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

HerbertChapman wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:39 am
Gunnersaurus wrote:
How many has he won?
How many has he lost?

He's lost 1 which would only be impressive if he won a lot more, he hasn't, hes drawn too many games & we've had no bounce, for all his faults, Emery got sacked when were was 8th, Arteta & Freddie have given us no bounce, even Watford & Everton with worse squads have progressed yet our fans act like Arteta needs 2 or 3 years before he has to win games, we finished 1 point from 4th last year, he hasnt taken over a bottom 3 side.

Cant get into all this forced positivity around him, I've been massively underwhelmed.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:22 am
HerbertChapman wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:
How many has he won?
How many has he lost?

He's lost 1 which would only be impressive if he won a lot more, he hasn't, hes drawn too many games & we've had no bounce, for all his faults, Emery got sacked when were was 8th, Arteta & Freddie have given us no bounce, even Watford & Everton with worse squads have progressed yet our fans act like Arteta needs 2 or 3 years before he has to win games, we finished 1 point from 4th last year, he hasnt taken over a bottom 3 side.

Cant get into all this forced positivity around him, I've been massively underwhelmed.
WASSUP Big "G"? :wink:

HerbertChapman

Post by HerbertChapman »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:22 am
HerbertChapman wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:
How many has he won?
How many has he lost?

"massively underwhelmed" after just 10 games. :lol: :barscarf: