Warm weather training or holiday?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Warm weather training or holiday?

Post by Gunner Rob »

to be honest I have got more of a problem with people wasting their time looking at their Instagram posts than the players themselves posting stuff :lol:

I have never looked at an Instagram post in my life and don't intend to start now.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Every body needs a break
Climb a mountain jump in a lake
Some head off to exotic places
Others go to the Galway races .....

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I've never looked at Instagram either but compared to watching any of our league games it's starting to hold some appeal

Herd

Post by Herd »

Footballers are in the entertainment business just a different branch than Hollywood.
It isnt a hobby it's a highly lucrative business,and imaging and marketing and self promotion are part of this hence the social media accounts.
I'm not interested in their lives beyond what they do on the pitch so you watch them at your own risk,you can always choose not to .
Dont buy into this privilege BS ,the players dont give a flying fuck who pays them as long as they get paid .
Warm weather break training holidays are normal and just might improve their performance.
Sending them to an unheated abandoned monastery near peterhead and feed them with cold porridge and gruel as a punishment wont acheive what you need so I think people should calm the fuck down.

augie

Post by augie »

Anyone know when the next flight to dubai from Dublin is please ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... senal-ace/

:the_doris_2: :sex2: :sex2:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'm not a fan of Dubai ,full of whores con men and wannabees . Traffic is now awful and if your partial to class A,s its risky . I used to go Abu Dhabi a lot on business and would stay there but by the end I'd just stay near Sharjah where it's far more relaxed.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Seemed to work though !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

My barber just returned from a holiday in Dubai and loved it. Said the people were great and the food was amazing. She also said that the sight of ATMs that distribute gold coins and gold bars was one of the most over the top "look how fucking rich we are" statements she's ever seen. :shock: :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:58 pm
My barber just returned from a holiday in Dubai and loved it. Said the people were great and the food was amazing. She also said that the sight of ATMs that distribute gold coins and gold bars was one of the most over the top "look how fucking rich we are" statements she's ever seen. :shock: :lol:
Ah yes the gold bars ,its funny Dubai has no oil yet it has made itself billions from real estate speculation and tax evasion drug smuggling and offers a huge haven for money laundering ,especially since the Cayman Islands isnt safe from uncle Sam's prying eyes .
A lot of legit companies have there middle east operations there too and of course all the Iranian sanctions busting shipping companies are stationed there. I have a bunch of mates who have made fortunes there from all sorts of weird and wonderful schemes but I'm not a fan.