Players on loan

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
User avatar
corkbarry
Posts: 6182
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: Cork

Players on loan

Post by corkbarry »

Arsenal's Joseph Olowu joins Cork City on loan.

21 year old that i must admit i have never heard of.

Why would Arsenal give a player on loan to a league of Ireland club where the standard except fo a few teams is lower than league 2 in England?

User avatar
augie
Posts: 25472
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Players on loan

Post by augie »

corkbarry wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:40 pm
Arsenal's Joseph Olowu joins Cork City on loan.

21 year old that i must admit i have never heard of.

Why would Arsenal give a player on loan to a league of Ireland club where the standard except fo a few teams is lower than league 2 in England?



And some striker from burnley has joined st pats on loan, and I think that two reading players have joined Waterford united on loan - it puzzles the shit out of me too Barry :?

User avatar
StuartL
Posts: 6363
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day and I’m feeling good

Re: Players on loan

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:48 pm
corkbarry wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:40 pm
Arsenal's Joseph Olowu joins Cork City on loan.

21 year old that i must admit i have never heard of.

Why would Arsenal give a player on loan to a league of Ireland club where the standard except fo a few teams is lower than league 2 in England?



And some striker from burnley has joined st pats on loan, and I think that two reading players have joined Waterford united on loan - it puzzles the shit out of me too Barry :?
At 21,if he is nowhere near the squad for even league cup matches then he has no future here.
Maybe he is just seeing out the season to get matches before he is released in the summer ?

nut flush gooner
Posts: 3064
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Players on loan

Post by nut flush gooner »

Reports from Huddersfield are that Smith Rowe has had two decent games.

At least they are starting him unlike Leeds with Eddie. I have no sympathy for them in their recent collapse, they had a striker that could have helped them push away from the pack but instead they relied on Bamford who will never be a goalscorer.

Good idea for a loan thread.

User avatar
corkbarry
Posts: 6182
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: Cork

Re: Players on loan

Post by corkbarry »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:05 pm
augie wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:48 pm
corkbarry wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:40 pm
Arsenal's Joseph Olowu joins Cork City on loan.

21 year old that i must admit i have never heard of.

Why would Arsenal give a player on loan to a league of Ireland club where the standard except fo a few teams is lower than league 2 in England?



And some striker from burnley has joined st pats on loan, and I think that two reading players have joined Waterford united on loan - it puzzles the shit out of me too Barry :?
At 21,if he is nowhere near the squad for even league cup matches then he has no future here.
Maybe he is just seeing out the season to get matches before he is released in the summer ?
I read that he is a regular on the under 23 team so he must be decent. Cork City would be delighted to take Mustafi and Ozil :D

User avatar
augie
Posts: 25472
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Players on loan

Post by augie »

corkbarry wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:07 pm
StuartL wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:05 pm
augie wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:48 pm
corkbarry wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:40 pm
Arsenal's Joseph Olowu joins Cork City on loan.

21 year old that i must admit i have never heard of.

Why would Arsenal give a player on loan to a league of Ireland club where the standard except fo a few teams is lower than league 2 in England?



And some striker from burnley has joined st pats on loan, and I think that two reading players have joined Waterford united on loan - it puzzles the shit out of me too Barry :?
At 21,if he is nowhere near the squad for even league cup matches then he has no future here.
Maybe he is just seeing out the season to get matches before he is released in the summer ?
I read that he is a regular on the under 23 team so he must be decent. Cork City would be delighted to take Mustafi and Ozil :D



Seeing as they lost at home tonight, I don't think ozil and mustafi are the right type of characters needed to turn around a losing streak :lol: :lol:

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 28305
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: Players on loan

Post by OneBardGooner »

When a player goes out on loan, they go there not just to play and sometimes remove a small amount from the wages bill, they also have to report back on any up and coming talent, and any new systems : tactics, coaching , systems etc that a club may be using or trying out.

Jock Gooner
Posts: 2510
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:53 am

Re: Players on loan

Post by Jock Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:15 pm
When a player goes out on loan, they go there not just to play and sometimes remove a small amount from the wages bill, they also have to report back on any up and coming talent, and any new systems : tactics, coaching , systems etc that a club may be using or trying out.
Well in that case our outgoing loanees have been failing the club badly for the last 10 years :rubchin:

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 28305
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: Players on loan

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yup! Much like the manager who stayed 10 years past his sell-by-date. :?

Post Reply